cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
$420+ tires and your options were limited on speed ratings.

Discount tire - 8 with S rating (vs H 130 mph)
wA1q5Mm.jpg

TireRack - 5 at S rating (vs H 130 mph)
WlIyKiG.jpg
ah, yeah, a few clicks away from an H-rating 🤣
Sponsored

Last edited:

johnsonbell

First Name
bell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla cybertruck
Occupation
driver
Country flag
The functions and modes are amazing, what will the car sound like? If Cybertruck was not an electric vehicle, if it had cold air intake installed, the sound would be terrible!

Last edited:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Looks more like the emergency release.
Has to be another one in the Boot. Handy when free camping. Suppose when you hit the button, either the tonneau slides or the gate drops!
Just don't 'park' too close!

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
There is nothing preventing cars with electric motors from having a flat tow mode. It's apparently just not very high on Tesla's "to do" list. The car does need to be powered on when it's towed faster than walking speed.

How do you think Tesla cars deal with the situation where someone lives on top of a mountain and leaves home with 100% charge because they are going on a long trip. There is not even a warning to caution against doing this.
If there was a flat tow mode that required battery power then for sure somebody would tow it with a dead battery, ruin it and make a big social media post about it, somehow blaming Tesla.

WRT the 100% charged on top of a hill scenario, well, it’s not a One Wheel or original Mach E, Tesla has thought about it and has features to have it not be an issue. The car also warns you that degenerative braking is reduced and will automatically make the wheel brakes act like degenerative braking so it feels the same to the driver.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
You think your tires will last three years. How cute. EVs go through tires a bit faster than ICE cars. My wife has had her Model S since late 2016 and has never had to replace the TPMS in her tires. Approaching 100K miles and three sets of new tires. I love the constant tire pressure data. She doesn't like to see that info so we have different profile settings and it's on in mine.
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that for a given speed and lateral or longitudinal acceleration that tire wear would be better on a Tesla than an ICE vehicle because the low CG would have more symmetric wear.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that for a given speed and lateral or longitudinal acceleration that tire wear would be better on a Tesla than an ICE vehicle because the low CG would have more symmetric wear.
might be true with static suspensions height.

but the CT (like the Rivian) has a more complex balance to strike. Having independent suspension with variable ride height means that the tires will experience positive and negative camber, to some degree.

how the Cybertruck camber will effect wear will depend in part on what limits Tesla puts on the speed boundaries and power put to the wheels in various drive modes.

Eg Rivian has had tire issues purportedly due to the fact that at highway speeds for aerodynamics the truck lowers behind neutral camber to negative camber - folks with lots of highway miles therefore chew through rubber at the interior of the tire.

No freebies, only trade offs, in engineering

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
might be true with static suspensions height.

but the CT (like the Rivian) has a more complex balance to strike. Having independent suspension with variable ride height means that the tires will experience positive and negative camber, to some degree.

how the Cybertruck camber will effect wear will depend in part on what limits Tesla puts on the speed boundaries and power put to the wheels in various drive modes.

Eg Rivian has had tire issues purportedly due to the fact that at highway speeds for aerodynamics the truck lowers behind neutral camber to negative camber - folks with lots of highway miles therefore chew through rubber at the interior of the tire.

No freebies, only trade offs, in engineering
Yeah there’s a gal on X that complains about her Model S tire wear but that others say she insists on running the suspension at the wrong height for everyday driving.

cybertrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
I notice what looks like a Neutral button… is this common across the stalkless Teslas? Or, does Cybertruck have a true neutral mode for flat towing? 😳
please please please please …… flat towing for motorhomes!

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I notice what looks like a Neutral button… is this common across the stalkless Teslas? Or, does Cybertruck have a true neutral mode for flat towing? 😳
All Teslas have that for those car washes that automatically move your car through the wash by capturing a wheel and towing it. They now have a “Car Wash” mode that does closes all windows, locks the charge port, disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, walk-away door locking, and parking sensor chimes.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If there was a flat tow mode that required battery power then for sure somebody would tow it with a dead battery, ruin it and make a big social media post about it, somehow blaming Tesla.

WRT the 100% charged on top of a hill scenario, well, it’s not a One Wheel or original Mach E, Tesla has thought about it and has features to have it not be an issue. The car also warns you that degenerative braking is reduced and will automatically make the wheel brakes act like degenerative braking so it feels the same to the driver.
It can't warn you if you're not in the car!

-Crissa

LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
It appears the screen in the rear view mirror isn’t going to happen. Haven’t seen that since the OG Alpha build. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We have seen the rear view screen video feed to the main screen, however, so that may be all we get. I agree the physical rear view mirror is of very limited use. Mostly to see back seat passengers when you talk to them.
FYI the CT in Bellevue store has a physical rear view mirror

Tesla Cybertruck Best looks @ Cybertruck display menu controls / open frunk / dashboard-interior / glass roof 1701109100474

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
FYI the CT in Bellevue store has a physical rear view mirror

1701109100474.png
they all have a physical rear view mirror

i think folks who still discuss this are instead discussing whether the physical mirror doubles as a digital screen rear-view

magic 8-ball says no

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
It keeps getting better
. I finally saw 2 on a transporter yesterday, can't wait
I read this WAY too fast - thought you watched the movie 'saw 2' and 'the transporter' and you can't wait, thought 'man I sure as hell can those movies suck' LMAO
Sponsored