What do you all think of the minimalist approach to the Cybertruck?

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I am not sure I like this approach. I'm an Electrical Engineer and like the different readouts that my Chevrolet Volt has. I am pretty sure I will miss this functionality in the CT. It's true the display will have lots of info on it but there is something to be said for separate dedicated readouts.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am not sure I like this approach. I'm an Electrical Engineer and like the different readouts that my Chevrolet Volt has. I am pretty sure I will miss this functionality in the CT. It's true the display will have lots of info on it but there is something to be said for separate dedicated readouts.
The Cybertruck will have more 'read outs' than a Chevy. And that's before you bet to add-on USB devices.

Don't confuse dials with details.

-Crissa

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I love the minimalist approach that Tesla takes to the display (and to the interiors). It would be nice to let more advanced users have access to the Diagnostics Mode that the technicians have. The next best thing to get info from is to use Scan My Tesla or CANserver (http://www.jwardell.com/microdisplay/).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Without having driven a Bolt, I can assure you there are plenty of readouts and charts you can fiddle with.

If the ones that come on the console arenā€™t enough, there is an API which you can pipe live data from your truck into third party apps, web sites, or you USB gadgets.

Teslas are very ā€˜hackableā€™ in the best possible ways.

OP
OP
Bitmaster

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The Cybertruck will have more 'read outs' than a Chevy. And that's before you bet to add-on USB devices.

Don't confuse dials with details.

-Crissa
But I like dials. The dashboard on the CT looks to blank for me.

OP
OP
Bitmaster

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have something similar on my Volt. I run the Torque app connected to my Data Port.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
People are alwais missing something from the past.
Some are missing the roaring sound from the sixpack of cylinders, some are missing the dials. The most sensitive are missing a sound from the vintage style klaxons.
But the CT will be moving anyway.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
HUD!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
separate readouts are visual clutter.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only thing Iā€™d change about the base displayed info is the lack of a good range remaining indicator.

Setting a destinationso you can see the range at destination is very close though. Arguably better in a lot of situations

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The only thing Iā€™d change about the base displayed info is the lack of a good range remaining indicator.
For accuracy, truck needs to identifier the driver. JK at the half wheel, reduce range by half and display message, SLOW DOWN!

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I mentioned in another thread a while ago, I would like the rear view and side view displays in the location typically reserverd for instrument clusters. Since they would be displays, adding speed or other simplified info would be easy.

Frees up the glass and only the camera wiring is needed for that location. (Tesla spiderbots, relay info make it happen)