Break down / value of what you get for the Foundation Series' premium price

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I wonder how this will change once the car starts driving itself off the lot. If the bulk of the car cost is software and the car is going from the lot to being in service as a robotaxi, will the same “well known” “facts” still hold true?
Elon has said many times that a car that has FSD, when FSD is solved, will be an appreciating asset. That's why they remove the FSD before they sell secondhand cars, because they want to be the party realizing that appreciation in value when it happens.
Sponsored

bang21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, AWD FS Cybertruck (RN11276…)
Country flag
Has anyone tried to estimate the value of the included extras in the Foundation Series? We are paying $20,000 more than base, and it seems like the extras are worth nearly that much.

Included: FSD, lifetime connectivity, wheels and tires, wall connector with vehicle to home, and accessories.

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
Other than the privilege of having an early model with a laser tatoo…what would I be getting?

-FSD $7,000 (maybe more later)
- powershare home backup and mobile charging system $? (plus $4K installation credit)
-Home charging station
-about $600 in various accessories (floor mats, bed hooks, storage boxes/dividers)
-Light bar $?
-Lifetime premium connectivity $?
-20” wheels and 35” tires (is this an upgrade?) $?

Is it worth the additional $20K?

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
The Cyberbeast looks to be a better value compared to the AWD from a foundation package perspective. This Cyberbeast total is $19,810, and the AWD total is $15,210. The difference in prices due to the PowerShare installation and lightbar not being included on the AWD variant.

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg
Nice work

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Other than the privilege of having an early model with a laser tatoo…what would I be getting?

Is it worth the additional $20K?
What happens if you absorb the uncharge is that you will actually get A TRUCK.

This is clearly a problem based not in marketing gimmickry, but in limited production. That has been said to be due to 4680 production constraints.

Upcharges and downcharges may be expected to be throttled according to production and demand.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Nice work
as reported in another thread, the calcs for the beast are incorrect

the retail beast will come standard with the white trim and premium wheels

separately, I personally wouldn’t count the $4K install credit, because I know my home would require at least twice that in make-ready costs. Similarly, anyone with a powerwall shouldn’t count it either (not a few other items on the chart)

CyberFitch

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 model 70D & 2018 F-150 LTD
Occupation
Student housing
Country flag
Using your numbers and adding installation for the power wall the total is $19,415
Not even a light bar! :(. I thought I was getting FSD but it is just FSD ready.

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
Not even a light bar! :(. I thought I was getting FSD but it is just FSD ready.
You are. It’s jut not working (optimized for? Enabled?) on the CT yet. Once it is operational FS owners WILL have FSD on it. Just legally and technically for right now they can’t say it is there and functional.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Yeah, I suppose. For rich people I suppose no biggie to spend an extra 25% over normal MSRP to get something 3 months earlier than others.

I've waited four years, I suppose I could wait another 3 months and save 20k. LOL
This post is gonna age like the finest milk around if you think any non FS trucks will even be delivered this year. They aren’t producing CyberBeast trucks in any volume and those aren’t projecting to be delivered until late 2024. I understand the point is you don’t mind waiting to save the money, I just think it may be closer to a five year wait than a three month wait.

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
No one is paying an extra $20K for the accessories and laser-etched badging. They are paying $20K to get one earlier, that's it. Full stop.

Think about the early Plaid's that went for $130-140K, no sunshades, floor mats, home chargers, installation credits, etc. Just the vehicle.

The stuff is just to make people feel better about paying more now when prices will be falling, Tesla has already told us as much (no secret) that the $100K truck today will be $80K soon enough. But at least this time, as opposed to the Plaid cycle, you get stuff. Mucho de stuffo. Because Elon cares.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
as reported in another thread, the calcs for the beast are incorrect

the retail beast will come standard with the white trim and premium wheels

separately, I personally wouldn’t count the $4K install credit, because I know my home would require at least twice that in make-ready costs. Similarly, anyone with a powerwall shouldn’t count it either (not a few other items on the chart)
Updated to include those two changes.

Tesla Cybertruck Break down / value of what you get for the Foundation Series' premium price Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 2.37.50 PM

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
No one is paying an extra $20K for the accessories and laser-etched badging. They are paying $20K to get one earlier, that's it. Full stop.
Wait, so I’m not getting the FSD that I didn’t order when I placed my Res in 2019 (yeah I know it’s not active yet. Patience…), PowerShare hardware, or an AT tire upgrade??? That’s news to me.

Come on, homie. Staaaaahp.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
This post is gonna age like the finest milk around if you think any non FS trucks will even be delivered this year. They aren’t producing CyberBeast trucks in any volume and those aren’t projecting to be delivered until late 2024. I understand the point is you don’t mind waiting to save the money, I just think it may be closer to a five year wait than a three month wait.
Wat. Did you say 5 by year wait, as in 2028?

Non foundation units will be delivered in 2024 , 100% chance without a doubt, I'd wager my house on it. The question is how many, 15k or more like 80k. I am in the 80k camp, but we shall see.

Non foundation cyber beasts, those I can see pushing to 2025.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Wat. Did you say 5 by year wait, as in 2028?

Non foundation units will be delivered in 2024 , 100% chance without a doubt, I'd wager my house on it. The question is how many, 15k or more like 80k. I am in the 80k camp, but we shall see.

Non foundation cyber beasts, those I can see pushing to 2025.
Wow 80k by the end of this year of non FS trucks when at this very moment they’re probably not hitting 25 a day of FS trucks? Is your calculation based on them building 3 more Gigafactory’s in the next 6 months?
Sponsored