What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
What about a retractable sun shade for the glass roof? To help keep the sun out of the eyes of people in the back seat or make it a little easier for the kids to sleep. My 3 yr old always ask to have a sun visor for him.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I'd like clarification about, "will even float for a while". How long is a while? About as long as any other car before it goes deep six?
Wouldn't it be great if you could take your Cybertruck out on the ice and go ice fishing? If you DID happen to fall through, perhaps the Cybertruck would float there until you recovered it. Certainly would be easier and WAY less expensive than trying to recover it off the bottom. Not to mention the Cybertruck prolly wouldn't be ruined. Oh, and there is always the "not dying" factor to consider as well.

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
The front seats should be limited to two the middle section should be open or no seat. Otherwise, the person or child sitting in front of the console will crash right into it. Or, that child will play with the controls too much. Either way not safe to have someone sitting in the middle of the front. I really don't need more than 5 seats anyway.

Will we get configuration for the seating arrangements?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
TOWING is the biggest question. I have a 8000 lbs trailer and I want to know the range of towing for a trimotor
150 - 250 miles.

IOW some fraction of the published EPA range which depends on the trailer and the towing conditions. People do not seem to understand that the answer to this question depends to a great extent on things that have nothing to do with the truck.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Already committed to putrchase but the things I'd like to know are
1)Will it be equipped with (or will there be an option for) dual charging ports ala the Semi?
2)How hefty is the 240 VAC supply and which NEMA receptacle will it use?

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Range. I'm hoping for 400+ for the dual motor

Though having a full pass through for camping would be better
Yes, that way if you want to put a full 4 x 8 sheet of drywall/plywood/OSB you can. :)

cbcc

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado, Prius
Occupation
Agronomist
Country flag
What is the number one question you have about Cybertruck that could influence your purchase decision depending on the answer you get from Tesla (or Musk)?
Will Cybertruck be V2G capable

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
The front seats should be limited to two the middle section should be open or no seat. Otherwise, the person or child sitting in front of the console will crash right into it. Or, that child will play with the controls too much. Either way not safe to have someone sitting in the middle of the front. I really don't need more than 5 seats anyway.

Will we get configuration for the seating arrangements?
If it’s like the S, 3 or Y, the only seat option will be color.

The X does have seat configurations, but I don’t think the truck will. Less options cheaper to manufacture.

If they do decide to have different seat choices, that will be configurable when you confirm your order.

reaver1467

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Occupation
Technical product designer
Country flag
I‘ ve read some articles where it is said „it would be impossible for the cybertruck to have a release in Europe“.

What is Teslas answer to that? The main reason against an EU release would be the missing crumple Zone.

That question give me nightmares??.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
I‘ ve read some articles where it is said „it would be impossible for the cybertruck to have a release in Europe“.

What is Teslas answer to that? The main reason against an EU release would be the missing crumple Zone.

That question give me nightmares??.
I don’t think Tesla would release a vehicle without a crumple zone. Do you have a link that shows it won’t?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Of course it has crumple zone. I believe the concern in Europe has to do with additional requirements there for bumpers that protect pedestrians.

reaver1467

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Occupation
Technical product designer
Country flag
I don’t think Tesla would release a vehicle without a crumple zone. Do you have a link that shows it won’t?
No I haven‘t.
I would also think regarding teslas safety-policy, that they would never release a Car/truck without the highest safety features.

I just love that truck so much and such talk make me worry.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
My question would be how does CT absorb energy in a frontal or other crash, if the whole frame is stainless steel. A rigid body is something that contributes to occupant injury in a crash because energy is transferred more directly to occupants instead of being absorbed by the crumple zones of the body and frame. I'm sure this has been figured out, but it'd be nice to hear more.

EDIT: I see a few comments on this, so others are interested in this topic also. :)

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
The Elephant In The Room:
No one will discuss Tesla Vehicle Insurance. I would love to buy Tesla Vehicle Insurance with my CyberTruck next year...I canceled my Model 3 purchase a coupla years ago because Progressive's quote was extortionary!
Furthermore, If I supply Tesla with my driving data for Autonomous Driving development,
they will easily see that I am a safe driver and can give me a killer deal on my insurance coverage for my Tesla, that is IF they can get off dead center and provide insurance across the country as well as worldwide!

Also, if they move into Texas will they also provide Texans with vehicle insurance...THEN, move on out throughout their sales realm??

What saye Y'All?