What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
What maintenance options are available for the SS 30X? If it's anything like the Delorean (which also used stainless steel panels), It won't be rust proof.

1592619379053.png
This is what Ryan McCaffery, the podcaster for Ride the Lightning had to say about the Cybertruck and how he cleaned his Delorean.

Tesla Cybertruck cleaning

“Steel wool is made from mild steel that rusts readily. Using this on stainless steel embeds tiny particles of the mild steel into the stainless. It won't take long for the mild steel to rust causing your Cybertruck to look rusty. It also creates a chemical reaction that can cause pitting in the stainless. Many early DeLorean owners damaged their panels this way. The blending pads in the DeLorean kit linked to above are non-metallic scotch pads (gray color, 80 grit). They are for blending away minor scratches in the Delorean's brushed finish. Unless the CyberTruck has a similar brushed finish, I wouldn't use anything abrasive.

I just use a mild detergent and water with a soft microfiber cloth when I need to wash my DeLorean. I dry the panels right away to avoid water spots....this is very important.

Beware of the stainless polishes as they look great... for about 10 minutes. After that the polish attracts dust and then your maintenance efforts are useless.

Once a year or as necessary, I use BarKeepers Friend to remove stains and restore the brightness to the Stainless Steel panels. It's like a laser scrub for the panels. Stainless will develop a thin layer of oxidation. That's normal, and the layer protects the panel. BKF removes that oxidation and therefore leaves virgin stainless behind. Over time, that natural layer of oxidation returns. After many years or exposure to the weather, the stainless develops a dull appearance.

I have heard good things about Shiela Shine, which is similar to BKF, but I haven't used it.’

Hope that helps you.
Sponsored

Huntster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
K1500
Country flag
I love some of the features which are brilliant, and the sensational look of it.
It is a brilliant truck for those that need a truck and towing range is not of concern.

I think its much more than a truck, I think its an all purpose adventure vehicle when its length is reduced to about 208 inch’s long.

Its size is just not practical. Manoeuverability is important. simply can not readily park on the street.
Charging on the street is also not an option.

Waiting for Level 5 autonomy, let the Cybertruck worry about parking itself, or better still go out and earn a Robotaxi cab fare !

What are the dimensions of the smaller international version ?

P.S. Oh, and will it have adjustable arm rests for the driver ?
What is the price and capacity for the extra battery option Motortrend mentioned for the
Dual Motor Cybertruck ?

Even at 400 mile nominal range, for the Dual Motor, what's practically left to use is of concern.
Equals approximately 350 miles of highway range.
Take off top and bottom 20% of charge for regular battery charging leaves 210 miles.
Take off 18% for actual driving efficiency ( externalities / conditions ) leaves 172 miles of range.
Take off say 20 % for carrying small load or small towing leaves 138 miles of range.

That 65 mile test loop TFL did was very educational
You can’t park a full size pickup?

Huntster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
K1500
Country flag
Front curtain airbag?
And THAT just solved the crumple zone problem. Assuming the frunk isn’t designed for crumpling you begin with. Maybe they’ll use the airbag for low speed crashes in place of a bumper!

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
You can’t park a full size pickup?
I’m happy to handbrake sideways at 60 m/hr into a parking spot,
but pedestrians and others might frown upon me if I start to pretend I’m Mad Max !

P.S
Parking bays in and around Australian Capital Cities are usualy 2.4 m (94 inch) x 5.4 m. (212 inch).
You simply can’t get in some of them when turn in access is also taken into consideration.

Last edited:

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
And THAT just solved the crumple zone problem. Assuming the frunk isn’t designed for crumpling you begin with. Maybe they’ll use the airbag for low speed crashes in place of a bumper!
Not really. Crumple zones are about absorbing energy over time. Short impulses of high energy, are deadly, and an airbag alone would only cushion you from impacting the steering wheel or windshield, but the deceleration would be extreme. You’ll end up shearing your aorta or other major vessels. Though your corpse will look good for the funeral. ??

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Two questions about the self driving.

If, when the time comes, I opt for the FSD (which I didn't specify on my reservation order), will I pay the "then" price -- or the extra thou?

Will there be some sort of "partial" self driving as a standard feature?
It says already that autopilot is included(this is basically freeway lane keeping and safety features using the cameras and sensors, but a person absolutely needed ).

Full self driving 7k option(I think it is right now) would be to have it,eventually , drive autonomous without human intervention

HBradley9637

First Name
Humphrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Not really. Crumple zones are about absorbing energy over time. Short impulses of high energy, are deadly, and an airbag alone would only cushion you from impacting the steering wheel or windshield, but the deceleration would extreme. You’ll end up shearing your aorta or other major vessels. Though your corpse will look good for the funeral. ??
Clearly there's no good outcome for a pedestrian being hit by a road vehicle (even a bicycle!), but if it means the CT passes NCAP tests & can be driven on EU/UK roads, I'm all in!
On a side note, I have to say I have never experienced such interest in a single vehicle in my life! Personally I think this is a marketing masterstroke by Tesla & further demonstrates just how far behind the other OEMs are! Maybe I'm just caught in a giant Tesla/EV bubble though!

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
If you have two Teslas and one is low on charge, but the other has over 50%... why not allow a power transfer from one Tesla to your 2nd Tesla?

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
My biggest 2 questions would be, what is the cost of the solar upgrade package? and will there be a Starlink hardware option for off the grid driving?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
If you have two Teslas and one is low on charge, but the other has over 50%... why not allow a power transfer from one Tesla to your 2nd Tesla?
Bidirectional would be sweet!
And quite honestly, looking like it’s going to be a necessity. What does the saying go? Necessity is the mother of all invention‘s? Ummm. Bidirectional please. ?

TardisMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck, Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Musician, jazz teacher
Country flag
Will Cybertruck be V2G capable
This is a big one for me. I'm really excited and hopeful about V2G, I think it's a great alternative to a gas peaker plant. My other question is about modularity. How difficult might it be to add another motor, change out the battery pack to a bigger one, etc.? When my reservation comes up, might I be able to upgrade to a 2 motor without losing my place in line?

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
One word "RANGE".
I have ordered two Cypertrucks. First one is a Dual Motor mainly because of the range. The second is the Single Motor. Hopefully the range will increase.

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would like to know more details about the solar option because this in my opinion is what makes the CT truly unique. Lots of EVs will eventually have long range, and there will be other EV trucks, but CT is the first vehicle that, because of its surface area, makes solar charging feasible.