What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
During the Semi reveal Elon said “Jackknifing is impossible.“

Will the magic that makes that possible on the Semi make it’s way to the Cybertruck?
11° is the point of no return towing a trailer - a jackknife is imminent and unpreventable beyond that degree of angle. Road conditions contribute generally in snow, wind, rain or black ice. At the end of the day it is the inattentive driver and accident situations that force a rig into compromised alignment. " Impossible" seems humblebrag beyond driver related reasons for jackknife.

WRT: Cybertruck Tesla customers who need it should be able to purchase as part of a tow-package upgrade *Jackknife* to their in-vehicle driver assist. Insurance Co's will rate accordingly. Owner's will enjoy the benefit of technology-driven tow-assist.

In the trucking industry, safety is taught as driver discretion whether to place load, rig and *self in unsafe and unpredictable situations. Elon could be programming Semi to shutdown in certain conditions. That would avert weather related accidents in adverse conditions remove DRIVERS from the equation - who are the ones that make poor judgements in the first place.
Sponsored

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If anything, I would delay my order based on...
  • Quality. Wait until they get a good handle on any initial quality control issues. Based on my position in the buying queue, I'd receive the option to purchase over a year after release. I would fathom they'd have a good or better grasp on Cyber Truck quality after a year or longer of manufacturing them, wouldn't you think?

James Clayton

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
US GOV
Country flag
This may sound strange, but my final purchase decision was completely based on a successful launch of the SpaceX Dragon. I figure if they can build a space craft that puts people in space....imagine what the Cybertruck will be like and how well it will be put together. I pulled the trigger like the next day for two.
You and I are in the same boat, or position if you will. I currently own Ford products. I liked Tesla. However, I never imagined owning one. I have a need for a truck to pull a boat. After watching the SpaceX Dragon I was convinced. I ordered my truck a week later. I ordered the dual-motor, it's in my price range.

CyberG

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 P85+
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have unlimited free connectivity, but from what it sounds like there isn’t a whole lot you get for the $10/month. Some nav features and Slacker and a couple other things. As long as you have your phone you can unlock and start the vehicle from anywhere among other things, no need for premium connectivity for that.

James Clayton

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
US GOV
Country flag
If anything, I would delay my order based on...
  • Quality. Wait until they get a good handle on any initial quality control issues. Based on my position in the buying queue, I'd receive the option to purchase over a year after release. I would fathom they'd have a good or better grasp on Cyber Truck quality after a year or longer of manufacturing them, wouldn't you think?
I think your right. I am way down in the que of receiving my dual motor CT. However, the benefit
is seeing the refining come into play. Not too soon, not too late. Somewhere in the middle.

Kami

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Small business owner
Country flag
My question to a company that makes campers was if the cybertruck could tow their camper and this was their response......

Sorry but no..... you need a minimum of a 3500 (350) dual rear wheel 8 ft bed, etc....
As cool as the cyber truck may be.... it is Tonka toy compared to what you need.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Randall Pozzi
General Manager

Host Industries Inc.
20526 Murray Rd
Bend OR 97701
Office (541) 330-2328 .... Ext 3
Cell (541) 728-4948

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HostCampers

Irv

First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13, 15, 17 Volt; 05 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Diesel ; 63, 69 Corvette; 65 427 Ace Shelby Cobra Replica
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My question to a company that makes campers was if the cybertruck could tow their camper and this was their response......

Sorry but no..... you need a minimum of a 3500 (350) dual rear wheel 8 ft bed, etc....
As cool as the cyber truck may be.... it is Tonka toy compared to what you need.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Randall Pozzi
General Manager

Host Industries Inc.
20526 Murray Rd
Bend OR 97701
Office (541) 330-2328 .... Ext 3
Cell (541) 728-4948

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HostCampers
I'm sure that there are campers that will not work with Cybertruck. Some 5th wheel setups would be hard to get to work because of the angles of the sides. But, Ask me if I care? LOL

Kami

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Small business owner
Country flag
I'm sure that there are campers that will not work with Cybertruck. Some 5th wheel setups would be hard to get to work because of the angles of the sides. But, Ask me if I care? LOL
I thought it was rude and ignorant that they referred to it as a "Tonka Truck"

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired Merchant Marine
Country flag
Tesla insurance is a weak option. They are underwritten by a 3rd party insurance company. Only in California can you get Tesla insurance I believe.

It’s only available online, and there is no one to talk to. It might work for a single person living in California With no assets, but if your married, to have get two policies. That Is dumb. If you have Kids, multiple cars or houses or other things to protect it doesn’t work. I looked into this When it first came out and it was just stupid. Need to consider your level of coverages, deductibles, umbrella Policies? For get about it.

It’s to restrictive for somebody who has to consider options.
Vehicle Insurance is the elephant in the corner of the room... The fact is: millions to billions are to ? made here, aaannd we supply them with billions of hours of autonomous driving hours??

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If I wait a little longer will there be a mid-sized smaller version?
What is your definition of a little longer?

4 years? No.
10 years. Maybe.

No one here on this forum knows with any finality. That's the best answer.

What do you think? What are your thoughts?

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if Tesla will dump the ever expanding Big Ugly Screen, for dual screens - one dedicated to driver spec functions (maybe with heads up?) and the other for infotainment, navigation and background functions? Some redundancy could be built in too.
Sponsored