What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Have you seen the specs of Tesla Semi and watched that unveil? Goes to show a bigger, battery-powered vehicle can do some incredible things at impressive distances. The 14,000 lb spec is for the tri-motor, which we don't even have a production start date yet. It would be more realistic to chat about the dual-motor at this point in time and 10,000 lbs of towing.
Would love to see Tri motor in action. ?
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Have you seen the specs of Tesla Semi and watched that unveil? Goes to show a bigger, battery-powered vehicle can do some incredible things at impressive distances. The 14,000 lb spec is for the tri-motor, which we don't even have a production start date yet. It would be more realistic to chat about the dual-motor at this point in time and 10,000 lbs of towing.
Wait... the Tri-motor will be made before the dual motor CTs...

CyberKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Nissan Murano
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Wait... the Tri-motor will be made before the dual motor CTs...

The website used to say late 2022 for Tri-Motor, but it doesn't anymore. Now it is late 2021 for Dual and Tri. Late 2022 for single RWD. You've seen confirmation on Tri being made first?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The website used to say late 2022 for Tri-Motor, but it doesn't anymore. Now it is late 2021 for Dual and Tri. Late 2022 for single RWD. You've seen confirmation on Tri being made first?
Not per se. It's Tesla's history to make the more profitable "Performance" and "AWD" versions before the less expensive versions. The good news is that you can easily change your configuration without having to change your reservation number.

Though, what hasn't been shown is that the reservation number has anything at all to do with build order. It could be that they start producing the more expensive vehicles and look to see who had the first order finalized for them... We only waited 2 months to the day for our Model Y though there are TONS of people who ordered before us who are still waiting on their cars.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2011 Tesla Roadster, 1969 280SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never had dual rear wheels and the dual rear wheels doesn't affect the 5th wheel towing weight rating very much... never saw the need for dual wheels. I DID have one truck with dual rear wheels and didn't notice a difference in how it towed vs. the single rear wheel trucks though that truck was a rough ride all the time unless towing a heavy trailer.
What about the Cybertruck makes it not able to tow a 5th Wheel? Where did you get this information?

Thank you,
Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2011 Tesla Roadster, 1969 280SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is the number one question you have about Cybertruck that could influence your purchase decision depending on the answer you get from Tesla (or Musk)?
Can the 3 motor Cybertruck tow our 5th Wheel trailer? Will the truck be self leveling for towing?

Russellm

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 pickups, 2 SUV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm looking for actual towing range numbers. If Tesla were to put out some figures of the CT towing a utility trailer with a Polaris Ranger and some cargo weight on it, then I'd be happy. I'd also be eagerly awaiting to see how autopilot and the rest of the software does when towing. Elon made a big point on twitter about the advanced software capabilities when it comes to towing but I want to see it in practice.
I would also like to know if/how you can use a super charger without decoupling the trailer and taking only 1 stall. Are the charge cords long enough to pull in frontwards?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 E350 XLT , 2 motor CyberTruck
Occupation
BubbleTower.com at festivals, county and state fairs.
Country flag
Will the wiring be rodent proof? Just spent over $1000 to repair my ICE vehicle squirrel damage . . . and the van was drivable.