Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife hates riding in my 1998 GMC Sierra 1500. The ride is too harsh (she has pain issues with back, neck). I have been telling her the CT (I'm planning on the trimotor) should have a ride comfort level option that is similar to a car. Can anyone provide more insight? I know Elon hasn't revealed too much as of yet (at least that I have seen). Thanx in advance.
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
My wife hates riding in my 1998 GMC Sierra 1500. The ride is too harsh (she has pain issues with back, neck). I have been telling her the CT (I'm planning on the trimotor) should have a ride comfort level option that is similar to a car. Can anyone provide more insight? I know Elon hasn't revealed too much as of yet (at least that I have seen). Thanx in advance.
I keep driving a 1997 Tahoe ā€˜cuz back problems. Super cush-y seats go a long way to buffering 4x4 IFS suspension.

We have a lot of owners expecting Air Ride calibre supple ride quality when Cybertruck rolls off production lines. Elon has stated that CT is NOT getting Model X suspension souped-up. CT will be a new suspension. Iā€™m waitng until I drive it.

With such a stiff structural platform underneath and exoskeleton frame above its suspension is going to be world class to deliver supple and offroad shock absorbtion. Pulling 14000# it has to be 1 ton class so if it delivers Ā¾ ton ride quality that ainā€™t good enough. Man this thing has got to have pulled every trick out of the book to get handling and ride quality into the class of interior Tesla showed at launch. Mercedes should be embarrased when Cybertruck hits the streets.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Should be smooth if your allowed to chance the pressures, just a 10 or 20psi change up or down would make a huge difference to the ride quality and pumped up for heavy loads when needed.
Folks going oooh an ahhh on test rides about ride comfort is one of the main reasons I am a reservation holder but I would think twice about lowering the tire pressure regularly. I still have not heard anything about CT having a spare tire. If it does not, I would not increase the chance of a flat on that heavy beast by lowering the tire pressure especially if the suspension tuning is already taking advantage of extra travel. And I hear Tesla is mighty good with seat comfort too. I think CT is already quite booty and back friendly and no adjustment is needed.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Folks going oooh an ahhh on test rides about ride comfort is one of the main reasons I am a reservation holder but I would think twice about lowering the tire pressure regularly. I still have not heard anything about CT having a spare tire. If it does not, I would not increase the chance of a flat on that heavy beast by lowering the tire pressure especially if the suspension tuning is already taking advantage of extra travel. And I hear Tesla is mighty good with seat comfort too. I think CT is already quite booty and back friendly and no adjustment is needed.
Not the tire pressures the pressure in the air bags/struts or whatever is fitted.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I expect a Cadillac ride! J/k

It's a truck, so my expectations are in accordance with that. Although, an adjustable suspension made possible by the air equipment would/will be a bonus.

I have adjustable shocks on my DeLorean, and being able to dial in each corner is a neat advantage.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Compared to my f350, which makes me feel like a bobblehead all day, I expect it to be peaceful and smooth.

Honestly the only thing keeping me from getting a 3 or a Y is the fact that they don't have air suspension.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
My significant other hates the ride in my Tacoma. The Cybertruck and the standard adjustable air suspension is going to be a game changer in the pickup truck segment. Raise it up when going off road and then lower it to the bottom setting to enjoy a smooooooth ride back home. Itā€™s one of the main features that I am looking forward to with my Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck What level of ride comfort to expect from Cybertruck 54EF3CE4-1248-4F3C-ADF7-905788F35038
Sponsored

Last edited: