Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Who wants it? It's otherwise the exact same truck but stretched 2 feet in the bed to give a full 8 foot bed. The rear wheels turn at a greater angle to help offset maneuverability issues. It has 2 extra feet of battery pack to extend the range somewhat, while at the same time having negligible effect on wind resistance (frontal area is the same, shape has roughly the same drag coefficient). Will not fit in a standard garage.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck XL - who would want one? 1702945286616
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I'd totally pay $99,999 base price for this as a dual motor (AWD) configuration

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Only if you made it a dually.
Thought about that but it would hurt you on wind resistance. I am on-board with tandem axles in the rear though, especially if you did it as a tri-motor (one per axle) šŸ˜

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
8 foot bed - It has 2 extra feet of battery pack to extend the rangeā€¦ Will not fit in a standard garage.

1702945286616.png
Iā€™m a full size truck guy, always have been. The short bed on this truck is a huge compromise for me, one that Iā€™m willing to accept and buy a 12ā€™ trailer to haul the 16ā€™ ladder. I realize this thread is a ā€˜what ifā€™ rhetorical scenario, but if such a truck were offered, Iā€™d get it.
Nice rendering!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Who wants it? It's otherwise the exact same truck but stretched 2 feet in the bed to give a full 8 foot bed. The rear wheels turn at a greater angle to help offset maneuverability issues. It has 2 extra feet of battery pack to extend the range somewhat, while at the same time having negligible effect on wind resistance (frontal area is the same, shape has roughly the same drag coefficient). Will not fit in a standard garage.

1702945286616.png
Only possible if it had a ladder frame though. Not at all likely using a rear cast.

Also rear wheel doesn't have to be that far back, which would reduce wheelbase and turning circle. Would look better as well. That's a limo wheel base atm.

Would I buy one to get a longer bed? Absolutely not. Whatever bed length you think you need is actually available on a rack on the rear roof, and/or by using it with the tailgate down which the rear lights are now designed to do.

Also it's unlikely to have the same aero, as the airflow around the superstructure would be sensitive to the elongation of the rear roof. The vault cover roll would also become to large to fit under the bed.

Overall, as a EV I think the added utility of a longer bed is disproportionately challenged by the loads you can put in the back that stick out of the bed and destroy efficiency.

Much better to make a longer Cybervan and enclose everything you are carrying in a good aerodynamic body envelope.

My Sprinter size van also has the same 0.33 Cd as the CT, but I can load things inside 6.4ft high and 14ft long with no impact on aerodynamics at all.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Iā€™m a full size truck guy, always have been. The short bed on this truck is a huge compromise for me, one that Iā€™m willing to accept and buy a 12ā€™ trailer to haul the 16ā€™ ladder. I realize this thread is a ā€˜what ifā€™ rhetorical scenario, but if such a truck were offered, Iā€™d get it.
Nice rendering!
Ditto. If the CT were available in dual motor long bed, that would indeed be my choice. All my past trucks were crew cab long bed. I donā€™t care about garages, and I always found a place to park. Even when visiting in Queens and Manhattan.lol

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
No, but I want the van that Elon has suggested might be built on the CT design

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I'd be interested but I only need the 6.5' bed that was originally planned. I'd love to have a Class 3 quad motor Cybertruck with the 6th seat.

OP
OP
Fleetwood75

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I'd be interested but I only need the 6.5' bed that was originally planned. I'd love to have a Class 3 quad motor Cybertruck with the 6th seat.
Agreed on the class 3 thing, and the front bench would have been nice too. I know that cvalue13 makes a business case for why making the Cybertruck a Class 3 is a bad thing (https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...-credits-the-extender-gvwr-and-payload.10318/) but as a consumer I could not care less what weight class the truck is in, so long as I don't need like a Commercial Drivers License to drive it
Sponsored