What steering wheel would you like to see?

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I think JD had been doing pattern work for awhile and forgot to switch tanks, something that would obviously be difficult with his jury-rigged setup
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I'm not reading all previous... I don't mind a yoke, but only if it's electronic steering. No lock to lock. Just rotate right to turn, increase pressure to decrease radius.

If we go with the old school, manual steering with power assist, even if adaptive; it's all old school with improvements, and I would prefer a mostly full wheel. A mostly full wheel is nice to feel where you are with the steering wheel vs the turn. peace

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I suggest a compromise: let's make the upper part of the steering wheel transparent, nearly invisible. So it will look like a yoke but feel like a wheel

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I suggest a compromise: let's make the upper part of the steering wheel transparent, nearly invisible. So it will look like a yoke but feel like a wheel
Could just make the whole wheel portion of the steering wheel out of the same glass as the windshield. Then wrap the portion where the hands are regularly supposed to be. I like the yoke that has the flat bottom like a flat wheel so it would be nice if that portion was not exactly round.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I am pretty confident that Tesla will install the Model S yoke steering wheel in the Cybertruck. Why? Economies of scale and it fits the futuristic theme of the truck.

Tesla Cybertruck What steering wheel would you like to see? 2C59E211-BC51-464B-8244-4DBED02429EA

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am pretty confident that Tesla will install the Model S yoke steering wheel in the Cybertruck. Why? Economies of scale and it fits the futuristic theme of the truck.
Not sure, but wasn't the CT the first vehicle they showed with the Yoke? It's either that or the roadster. Either way, the yoke was in the CT before it was in the Model S. So it's more proper to say "The Model S has the Cybertruck Yoke". Or I suppose the Roadster yoke if you wanna be really picky.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
See, we know it's been a very long time since any new credible and worthy information. We are discussing yoke steering wheels, making them glass, who had it first, my daddy is bigger, etc. Yes, if the real world walked in and saw this conversation, I'm pretty sure we'd all be locked up in straight jackets. But, that's how I tend to like it these days... blame TikTok ???

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Don’t blame Burt for John Denver’s death. Denver was flying a uniquely modified Long Eze where the fuel tank selector was behind his left shoulder (the idea for that mod was simpler plumbing). To top it off the knob was stripped so he was using a pair of vice grips to turn it. He forgot to switch tanks and the tank ran dry shortly after taking off so he had to look over his shoulder while frantically trying to rotate the valve with a pair of pliers! That resulted in an unnoticed roll and steep dive into the bay. RIP.
Read my post carefully please. I did not blame Burt Rutan for the crash. I simply stated that Burt Rutan designed the Long EZ which John Denver was flying when he crashed and died. There was not a single reference to causation or blame as to the cause of the crash. I was merely linking the development of the BD5 with the plane (Long EZ) with Burt Rutan. Someone else on this site stated I falsely claimed to be a PhD. Like you, they didn't read carefully. If they had, they would have seen that their accusation was libelous. Many people on this site say things that are simply not true only because they do not read carefully. Come on guys (and gals), y'all can do better than that!
Sponsored