Gracilis

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3P, 2022 Tesla MYP
Country flag
I went to the Richmond store on Feb 29th. The manager there told me that they were slated to receive 12-15 VINs for delivery by the end of March. Hope that remains true! He did leave open the possibility that the timeline could slip into the first week of April, but emphasized that they’d try as hard as they could to get them there to make the 1st quarterly deliveries number.
You want to go bug the Richmond folks again :)

Getting tired of seeing VINs going out while we just wait. The worst are the 2-3 weeks post order VINs showing up in California.

I'm also concerned for Richmond since it's likely the smallest store in VA and it took longer for them to deliver the first Model 3 compared with NoVA...but who knows, maybe we'll see some VINs this week...if they don't all go to the 'influencers' with 30k referral points again

😠
Sponsored

Sarge588

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW iX, 2018 Land Rover Velar
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
You want to go bug the Richmond folks again :)

Getting tired of seeing VINs going out while we just wait. The worst are the 2-3 weeks post order VINs showing up in California.

I'm also concerned for Richmond since it's likely the smallest store in VA and it took longer for them to deliver the first Model 3 compared with NoVA...but who knows, maybe we'll see some VINs this week...if they don't all go to the 'influencers' with 30k referral points again

😠
lol, funny you should say this. I called them this morning. I am now told that “ it won’t be that many, and they may have a handful within the next month.” No end of quarter push for the Richmond store is my takeaway.

Gracilis

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3P, 2022 Tesla MYP
Country flag
lol, funny you should say this. I called them this morning. I am now told that “ it won’t be that many, and they may have a handful within the next month.” No end of quarter push for the Richmond store is my takeaway.
Yeah, that's my take. I think first 2 weeks of March went to referral point people, then they switched to a EOQ push for TX. I'm guessing next week will be the next batch of referral points so mid to end of April at the earliest now.

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Since there are at least 3 of us looking at the Richmond store, let's go picket them! That will get their attention! Just kidding. Some algorithm in CA is doing the CT distribution. I did some math way back months ago from a list and extrapolated that VA hs orders for 55,000 CT's of all 4 option levels. Since FS is all they are making practically, and since the Acceptance is apparently only 10% ... really? ... and since most of the orders were in NOVA NOT Richmond, there is probably only a few hundred coming through the Richmond store. There were 100,000 in front of me but 1.9 million behind me until the line jumping started.
None to the Richmond store yet and no VIN's given out for our store yet either.

I figure, we have at least another month ... unless we picket ... then probably 18 months.

ImmortanPete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Since there are at least 3 of us looking at the Richmond store, let's go picket them! That will get their attention! Just kidding. Some algorithm in CA is doing the CT distribution. I did some math way back months ago from a list and extrapolated that VA hs orders for 55,000 CT's of all 4 option levels. Since FS is all they are making practically, and since the Acceptance is apparently only 10% ... really? ... and since most of the orders were in NOVA NOT Richmond, there is probably only a few hundred coming through the Richmond store. There were 100,000 in front of me but 1.9 million behind me until the line jumping started.
None to the Richmond store yet and no VIN's given out for our store yet either.

I figure, we have at least another month ... unless we picket ... then probably 18 months.
When did you order yours? I didn’t see yours in the tracker? I started getting the feeling we would drift into April last week. The SC representative that I spoke to alluded to many folks who have moved up the line. I don’t want to nag those guys too much, but the suspense is killing. I planned a bunch of fun outings with my boys which all pinnacled on the CT, but alas.
I will let the group know if I hear anything on my end.

mantisman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Y, truck ordered
Country flag
Hello fellow Richmonders. I’m a 1/17 order. Still no VIN. Looking like my window of Jan-March isn’t quite going to make it.

ImmortanPete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I am 12/28, plan on calling again this Friday if I haven’t heard anything. I know they probably don’t know much and any info they give out is likely to be incorrect. Maybe the April predictions by the SC are a way to under promise and over deliver? Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Looking down the reservation numbers that have delivered and the sequences followed it looks like they are pulling names out of 2-3 hats and very rarely states other than CA Tx FL.

nearly all “special” deliveries for other states.
Maybe 500 per week in April but none of us know anything about how many are in front or behind us for that matter. Not even Tesla.

ImmortanPete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Day 92 with no VIN, the silence was killing me so I called the Richmond SC again. No new information that I could glean, the gentleman I spoke to was really understanding and mentioned that all CTs in this area (including Charlotte) are coming through “Jessup”. I interpret this as being the CSX Jessup railyard in Maryland. I asked about switching location pickups and he was adamant that it wouldn’t affect the timing since all trucks are coming from the one point. Hope this puzzle piece adds to more of the overall picture for us Virginians.

dcrdanielr

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
99 days. Waiting for Maryland VIN. sigh
Sponsored