Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I couldn’t agree more. I am approaching 60 days since they withdrew final payment out of my bank account!!!. I don’t know when to pull the trigger on selling my current Jeep and I don’t have a Vin.
Wait until you have a VIN and delivery date before selling your Jeep unless you won’t need it. I have a VIN going on day 12 without a delivery date. Trying to decide when to sell my Tundra but can’t pull the trigger until I know when I’ll have its replacement.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I got that but the communication should be better. When have you ever spent 100k and been basically ignored? How hard would it be to say, at current production rates, your CT will come by June 1st. It could be sooner as we are still in the ramping process!
Tesla doesn't pay people to blow smoke up your ass. If that's what you want when you buy a new vehicle, you came to the wrong place.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect that as well. Maybe Tesla is worried about the media attention because of negative impact of cold weather in the north east on the vehicle range. Also the possible heavy snow falls cause problems on the maneuverability because differential lock is not available? That's why most of the delivery is happening in southern states.
Got rationality?
Good, then you will see it makes the most economic sense to deliver closest to major routes out of Austin, TX. Consult a map and you will find the bulk of deliveries radiate out from Austin. If the idea was to avoid snow and/or cold temperatures, Tesla would not already be delivering to Colorado in the middle of February.

I live in the Seattle are, known for it's mild winters. Not too many cars have been delivered to Washington yet. The map, not climate data, will tell you why.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Consult a map and you will find the bulk of deliveries radiate out from Austin.

The map, not climate data, will tell you why.
It is beyond obviously not this simple. There is another thread with a delivery map and another thread with a map where orders are by state. California and Florida are not the closest states to Austin with orders so while proximity to Austin may play a factor it’s not so simple or all of the deliveries would be in Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc. but that’s just not the case.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is beyond obviously not this simple. There is another thread with a delivery map and another thread with a map where orders are by state. California and Florida are not the closest states to Austin with orders so while proximity to Austin may play a factor it’s not so simple or all of the deliveries would be in Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc. but that’s just not the case.
Of course it's not just geography, Tesla is also concentrating the deliveries where they have delivery centers that can service Cybertrucks that exhibit any early issues. A service network doesn't instantly become experts at a new vehicle. All of the early deliveries are concentrated in areas that have relatively high rates of EV adoption and Cybertruck reservations. So there are a lot of factors rolled into the geographic distribution of the rollout. Climate is not one of them. It's just that Austin, TX is pretty far south.

Do you know what FUD is? The climate rumor started by people trying to spread FUD, to try to portray EVs as not working in cold climates. To be clear, I'm not accusing every person who fell for this false narrative as purposefully spreading FUD. Being gulible does not make one guilty of that, it's simply being gulible. Tesla wouldn't be delivering to the Mile High City if they were trying to avoid winter conditions, LOL! :unsure:

Denver is a major market for Tesla and it's less than 1000 miles from Austin. California is the largest EV market in the US, and Florida is third, if memory serves. All of these markets are generally about 1000 miles away. Tesla doesn't have any larger markets closer to Austin than CA, FL, TX and CO. The facts will lead you to the truth. It has zero to do with climate.

DfibRL8R

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 3, Y, CT
Country flag
Another FL order cut the line. Both my RN and order date are in front of his.

I asked Grok to rank the top5 east coast states with themost number of Tesla service centers, and here's the answer:
1. Florida: 8 service centers;
2. New York: 5 service centers;
3. Massachusetts: 3 service centers;
4. New Jersy: 4 service centers;
5. Connecticut: 2 service centers.

I think it is probably not accurate because I know Virginia has 4 or more service centers: Vienna, Sterling, Richmond, VA beach/Norfork, but still FL does have the most of service centers on the east coast. :rolleyes:
Virginia has 5 Service Centers, you missed Arlington:
2710 S GLEBE RD ARLINGTON, VA 22206

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Contractor, Electrical Engr, Master Electrician
Country flag
Virginia has 5 Service Centers, you missed Arlington:
2710 S GLEBE RD ARLINGTON, VA 22206
yes, thanks. so the Northern Virginia has 3 service centers within 35 miles of each other, yet still not good enough to jump start the delivery. Should we conclude that serviceability is not a concern.

Gracilis

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3P, 2022 Tesla MYP
Country flag
Saw a post on X from someone who took delivery in Norfolk yesterday:
Not what I'd call a "real" delivery.

It was accelerated

It's also odd since it was originally in NJ then got sent to Norfolk:

And it doesn't look like he's from VA:

There's a lot that doesn't add up on this one for sure.

I think the most frustrating thing about this process is that it seems VINs have all but stopped for "normal" people the last 2-3 weeks and have now been mostly targeted toward 'influencers'

Based on his other replies it looks like he lives outside VA but runs a bunch of Turo cars all over the place and will be sending it back to VA as a Turo car after he's done playing with it and making 'content' with it.

So reselling 100% of the car is against Tesla's policy, but you can rent it out 1% at a time with no issues. I guess just don't "resell" it to anyone, you need to lease it to them and then Tesla is fine...

I don't remember Tesla doing this with any past releases and it's just getting silly at this point. But what can we do? Cancel our order or just piss and moan.

ImmortanPete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone hearing anything further about Virginia (Richmond) deliveries or VINs?

Sarge588

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW iX, 2018 Land Rover Velar
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Anyone hearing anything further about Virginia (Richmond) deliveries or VINs?
I went to the Richmond store on Feb 29th. The manager there told me that they were slated to receive 12-15 VINs for delivery by the end of March. Hope that remains true! He did leave open the possibility that the timeline could slip into the first week of April, but emphasized that they’d try as hard as they could to get them there to make the 1st quarterly deliveries number.

ImmortanPete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I went to the Richmond store on Feb 29th. The manager there told me that they were slated to receive 12-15 VINs for delivery by the end of March. Hope that remains true! He did leave open the possibility that the timeline could slip into the first week of April, but emphasized that they’d try as hard as they could to get them there to make the 1st quarterly deliveries number.
Thanks, brother. Not to denigrate the influencers at all, but it is getting old seeing all of their videos
Thanks for the update,
Thanks for the update, man. Hope I am one of them.

Sarge588

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW iX, 2018 Land Rover Velar
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Thanks, brother. Not to denigrate the influencers at all, but it is getting old seeing all of their videos

Thanks for the update,

Thanks for the update, man. Hope I am one of them.
Same here, I’m ready!
Sponsored