Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
On the list, the last time I checked there were only 55 orders in VA that were logged on this site. NONE delivered.

What difference does a state make? CA and Texas get the most because of the orders and support with the Tesla presence there ... but ...

NC has had one that was logged here. None in WV, but that state may not even have any orders!

Any ideas?
Sponsored

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
It’s a little frustrating to watch as people with higher reservation numbers later offers extended, and later dates of configuration are getting their trucks in California than people in the north east. But, I assume it has something to do with the logistics and ease by which Tesla moves orders to California and Florida Etc.

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
It’s a little frustrating to watch as people with higher reservation numbers later offers extended, and later dates of configuration are getting their trucks in California than people in the north east. But, I assume it has something to do with the logistics and ease by which Tesla moves orders to California and Florida Etc.
I got that but the communication should be better. When have you ever spent 100k and been basically ignored? How hard would it be to say, at current production rates, your CT will come by June 1st. It could be sooner as we are still in the ramping process!

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
I got that but the communication should be better. When have you ever spent 100k and been basically ignored? How hard would it be to say, at current production rates, your CT will come by June 1st. It could be sooner as we are still in the ramping process!
I couldn’t agree more. I am approaching 60 days since they withdrew final payment out of my bank account!!!. I don’t know when to pull the trigger on selling my current Jeep and I don’t have a Vin.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
On the list, the last time I checked there were only 55 orders in VA that were logged on this site. NONE delivered.

What difference does a state make? CA and Texas get the most because of the orders and support with the Tesla presence there ... but ...

NC has had one that was logged here. None in WV, but that state may not even have any orders!

Any ideas?
Tesla initially indicated that they were going to focus on CA and TX first and then start rolling out to other states.

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
I couldn’t agree more. I am approaching 60 days since they withdrew final payment out of my bank account!!!. I don’t know when to pull the trigger on selling my current Jeep and I don’t have a Vin.
so are you saying you have paid 100% for the truck 60 days ago? I am not paying until I see it. Never before have I had to pay in advance. Did they demand it or just give you the chance to pay now?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Didn't you see the anticipated delivery date when you placed your order? Is there any reason to believe that it has changed?

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
so are you saying you have paid 100% for the truck 60 days ago? I am not paying until I see it. Never before have I had to pay in advance. Did they demand it or just give you the chance to pay now?
Somehow, immediately after I configured and completed the registration, completed financing and completed trade-in. It offered to complete final payment. What I assumed I was doing was configuring how I would make my final payment on delivery. I was totally shocked when they withdrew it right away. My final payment was 30 K because I’m financing 70 K so that’s what they withdrew. When I called and asked them to put it back, they said they couldn’t without canceling my order, so I just left it alone not imagining two or maybe even three or longer months we’re going to go by.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
and potentially the cold weather

OP
OP

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Wow ... It is concerning that their actions are focused on what is in their best interests and not some sort of balance. I have a business, and competition. We have to treat our clients like gods or lose them to some other company that promises them the moon.

All the best on a speedy delivery.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Somehow, immediately after I configured and completed the registration, completed financing and completed trade-in. It offered to complete final payment. What I assumed I was doing was configuring how I would make my final payment on delivery. I was totally shocked when they withdrew it right away. My final payment was 30 K because I’m financing 70 K so that’s what they withdrew. When I called and asked them to put it back, they said they couldn’t without canceling my order, so I just left it alone not imagining two or maybe even three or longer months we’re going to go by.
Are you paying interest on the 70K yet? They have sticky fingers.... so to say.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Contractor, Electrical Engr, Master Electrician
Country flag
and potentially the cold weather
I suspect that as well. Maybe Tesla is worried about the media attention because of negative impact of cold weather in the north east on the vehicle range. Also the possible heavy snow falls cause problems on the maneuverability because differential lock is not available? That's why most of the delivery is happening in southern states.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Country flag
VA is ranked top-10 states with the most of the orders, only behind FL and NJ (maybe). I thought somebody in the forum said NJ is expecting CT shipment at the end of this month. That should suggest other top-ranked states on the east coast will get their shipment too.

Just two days ago, a member on Tesla Cybertruck Facebook group posted a photo of the RCR rail station at Taylor, TX, showing four Cybertrucks on the lot with many many more ModelYs.

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I think because I'm weird and just looking at all of the posts I have come up with my own theory. Others have mentioned the theory but I do believe it has to do with not only distance from the factory but as well as larger service centers and weather. I believe they are trying to delay delivering to colder states so that they don't have to worry about charging issues and complaints. Also looking at the number of reservations compared to service centers It lines up almost perfectly. Florida California and Texas all have the most locations for service centers. People in my state with higher reservation numbers that ordered after I did have already got it as well. I asked my service center if they were trained on the Cybertruck and none of them are So I believe that is why I am being delayed as well.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM1500, Model 3
Occupation
Country flag
anybody know when was the cutoff date for Jan-March delivery? I thought it was middle January, but not 100% sure. I have one friend, also in Virginia, who placed order at the end of December and got the same delivery estimate of January to March.
Sponsored