When will we see all season tires and will they help range?

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
Any insider knowledge as to when the CT will be configurable with all season tires?
Any ideas on range improvement they may bring?

Would love to order FS now (got my email) but holding back until better range via tires, chemistry, software tweaks, maybe even range extender.

So close, yet so far (or rather so close, but not far …)
Sponsored

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
I'm sure your local tire store will be happy to put a set of all season tires on it. Not sure I have that as a reason to hold off on the truck. Plenty of other folks will prolly be happy to buy your all terrains.

Now for the better battery chemistry or range extender - its anyone's guess including but not limited too nothing like that happens anytime soon.

In short, if you are not happy with the current products feature set being sold, tough choices ahead for sure.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
there's not going to be a chemistry change during FS series for sure. if software was the hangup on range they likely would have done that before range certification.
as far as the range extender ETA if have very good reason to believe it won't come this year.

if you want the truck, buy it, mount some Cooper AT3 XLT tires on it and keep the stock tires for when people hit 15-25k on the odometer and start wanting replacements

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I believe that the official answer was later this year.

DavidL

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
there's not going to be a chemistry change during FS series for sure. if software was the hangup on range they likely would have done that before range certification.
as far as the range extender ETA if have very good reason to believe it won't come this year.

if you want the truck, buy it, mount some Cooper AT3 XLT tires on it and keep the stock tires for when people hit 15-25k on the odometer and start wanting replacements
I’m thinking to change out my stock tires for some all season, since I do a ton of highway driving and little off road. Do you like the Cooper AT3 XLT? Personally I like Pirellis but not sure if they have the size.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I’m thinking to change out my stock tires for some all season, since I do a ton of highway driving and little off road. Do you like the Cooper AT3 XLT? Personally I like Pirellis but not sure if they have the size.
Yes they are great
Sponsored