D-Stew

D-Stew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
Was this not possible??

What do you mean was this not possible? Was what? Taking the panel off? Putting grey fabric on it? Not positive what you are asking? Your photos look like what I assume is going to be the OEM tactical grey panels. Those panels aren’t available to order yet. The white ones are $445 per door, and the center dash panel is $750. Guessing the tactical grey will have the same price point. Wasn’t going to spend $2500ish to get those whenever they are available.

OP
OP
D-Stew

D-Stew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
That's some SERIOUS DIY skills!!! Awesome!
THANK YOU! I rock many of TWRAPS do it yourself PPF on this build. headlights, tail lights, pillars, as well as carbon fiber steering, cup holder and charger. Your products fit perfectly, never an issue!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 2024 Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
What do you mean was this not possible? Was what? Taking the panel off? Putting grey fabric on it? Not positive what you are asking? Your photos look like what I assume is going to be the OEM tactical grey panels. Those panels aren’t available to order yet. The white ones are $445 per door, and the center dash panel is $750. Guessing the tactical grey will have the same price point. Wasn’t going to spend $2500ish to get those whenever they are available.
Sorry the question came off a bit harsh. What I meant to ask was: is this what you did? Or did you have to take off the whole door panel?

gray panels aside, is it possible to change it without the whole plastic welding?

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Those are some very impressive DIY skills and it looks nice. Congrats! I’ve been driving for 45 years now, and all but one of my cars had dark interiors so I welcome the white interior panels - they take me out of my comfort zone and change things up quite nicely (for me). I was concerned that they would get dirty but so far, they’re fine - even with four days of off-road desert camping with dirt and fine dust completely coating the Cybertruck (outer panels, inside door sills, into the bed, etc). I reckon somebody will identify a good cleaner for the white panels at some point, but so far, they’ve remained clean. Nice to know I have options though! Might be fun to change it up after a few years to some other color!

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
Those are some very impressive DIY skills and it looks nice. Congrats! I’ve been driving for 45 years now, and all but one of my cars had dark interiors so I welcome the white interior panels - they take me out of my comfort zone and change things up quite nicely (for me). I was concerned that they would get dirty but so far, they’re fine - even with four days of off-road desert camping with dirt and fine dust completely coating the Cybertruck (outer panels, inside door sills, into the bed, etc). I reckon somebody will identify a good cleaner for the white panels at some point, but so far, they’ve remained clean. Nice to know I have options though! Might be fun to change it up after a few years to some other color!
My wife's 2020 MYLR has the white interior. Wipes clean with baby wipes.

If there's more stubborn dirt, I've never found anything better than Feynlab Interior Cleaner: FEYNLAB® INTERIOR CLEANER | Car Interior Cleaning Solution

Almost four years later and the seats/trim still look as-new.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag
Love it, I want this. The white produces a glare that blocks the side mirrors, with it was dark grey. With the ambient light, did you have to disconnect that when removing the panels?
I know they are "vegan" leather aka pleather but I wonder if a leather dye would work on them?

OP
OP
D-Stew

D-Stew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
Sorry the question came off a bit harsh. What I meant to ask was: is this what you did? Or did you have to take off the whole door panel?

gray panels aside, is it possible to change it without the whole plastic welding?
No it wouldn't look good. There is no gap in the panel to tuck the fabric between it and the light mechanism. YOu need to break the plastic weld to be able to fold the fabric over the top of the panel under the light cleanly. Requires plastic welds being cut to do so.

Kuiper__Belt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Cyberbeast
Occupation
Telehealth Solutions Architect
Country flag

If there's more stubborn dirt, I've never found anything better than Feynlab Interior Cleaner: FEYNLAB® INTERIOR CLEANER | Car Interior Cleaning Solution

Perfect I have a two-year-old. There’s always wipes in my car!

Years ago, I found out that pledge is leather safe and actually great for cleaning interiors of a car and have been using it ever since without any issues. I was worried it would leave some sort of film or residue especially since I live in the extremely hot & humid south but I never had an issue and it’s pretty good at getting stains off as well. I just let it sit on the stain and soak for a few minutes and it usually comes right up. Another plus is that they make antibacterial pledge.

OP
OP
D-Stew

D-Stew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
@D-Stew
Can you mark on this image which welds do/don't need to be separated?

THANKS!

Your workmanship is nothing short of beautiful
See image below. All the tabs circled in blue must be separated. The best way to do this is take an osicalating tool and cut into the very top of those tabs where the OEM welds are. Cutt off as minimal as possible so it goes back together easier. Grind off just enough and then use a razor blade to break any remaining that still may be attached by a thin piece. This will make it the easiest to put back together once separated.

Now what you can't see in the photo because it has the foam backing pad blocking the upper black panel back. There are additional plastic welds on that panel. THOSE WELDS DON'T NEED TO BE CUT. I learned this the hard way on the first panel I took apart. Those welds hold the light mechanism to the black panel. The only reason you would need to cut those welds is if you wanted to reupholster the upper black trim as well. Assuming you are not, do not touch them.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 083037.png

OP
OP
D-Stew

D-Stew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag

I know the white last the test of time and can be cleaned, I just don't want to constantly clean finger prints and small smudges. Day 1 of ownership white panels had fingerprints. OCD kicked in too hard on it lol.
Sponsored