Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think it would be great to be able to control functions by voice activation. At least some of them.
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Tesla vehicles (S, X, 3, Y) already have some voice control functions.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I think it would be great to be able to control functions by voice activation. At least some of them.
I would really like a Batman mode where I get a soothing older British Alfred voice greeting me with "Sir, where shall we go today?" or some nonsense like that. =)

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
As said above they already have this for a surprising number of functions: song selection/search, volume, temperature, fan speed, open glove box, retract side mirrors, haven't tried open trucks but I assume so. They'll only add more and more as they update.
It's also amazing how good it works, my seven year old daughter routinely selects songs from the back seat, and it get's it right every time even with the uhs and mumbles.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I would really like a Batman mode where I get a soothing older British Alfred voice greeting me with "Sir, where shall we go today?" or some nonsense like that. =)
LOL, actually I'm waiting for the Nav voice update, would be great to have Scottish accent or some such for my directions.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Will we have to talk to Alfred in a Batman voice? I can for a little while but my throat will get sore if we have an extended conversation.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Just controls please I really don't need a voice to speak to about my desired action. A button or knob is just plain faster for me, no misunderstandings or mistaken action. The voice thing is cute, If I speak I would like a human to be listening and responding in a meaningful way.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I would love if they integrated Google Assistant-like features! My family is very curious and we love asking Google various questions as they pop into our heads. More than once I've caught myself hitting the button on my M3 and saying "Hey Google, how is xyz thing made?" or similar.

First world problems, I guess. ?‍♂

OP
OP

Doug McAllister

First Name
Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t care so much about it talking back, just so I can tell it to do something without messing with the touch screen.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I don’t care so much about it talking back, just so I can tell it to do something without messing with the touch screen.
Oh, you can tell it to do anything you want... The key will be if it will listen and obey. LOL

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
So my wife and I were driving in the car the other day, and she was giving me some pointless instruction about a green light or a speed limit sign or whatever. She's started doing that over the last few years since we had kids and she dealt with the corresponding WW3-level hormones. I've started teasing her about it, telling her stories about how before we met I would just sit at green lights literally for days, not knowing what to do. She knows how ridiculous it is when it's pointed out, and we both laugh about it. So anyways, I says to her I says, "When we get a Tesla I want to program it with her voice and get it to bitch at me about everything I do when driving; 'You're going to fast' 'You're going too slow, we'll never get there on time you pussy!' 'The light is green, what color are you waiting for?!?'" We both agreed that the Wife's Bitching download for a GPS voice would be frigging hilarious. But then she killed me. I'm dead now.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I can see it now.
You tell your car to do something and it responds in a Hal 9000 voice
" I am sorry Dave, I am afraid I can't do that"