Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
We will pick up our CT with the Cyberlandr. It’s going to be a great road trip home. I use Autopilot on my Model Y on the highway and 95% of the driving stress, gone. This time around, in my tri-motor, it even better experience. It hard to say anything better experience then a Tesla but this will be acceptable situation. Can’t wait since pre order.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I want to win Tesla’s sweepstakes (not a real thing) to walk the production line as my CT is being built.
Get hired as a custodian and you can win all the sweeping you like while your CT is getting built.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I want to win Tesla’s sweepstakes (not a real thing) to walk the production line as my CT is being built.
I have a feeling first batch of CTs will be like the Chinese food near my old office. I enjoyed them a whole lot more when I didn’t know how they were made.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I have a feeling first batch of CTs will be like the Chinese food near my old office. I enjoyed them a whole lot more when I didn’t know how they were made.
Agreed, I would probably try to stop the production line once or twice to get them to meet my neurotic tolerances.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Agreed, I would probably try to stop the production line once or twice to get them to meet my neurotic tolerances.
I guess there are advantages to being pretty ignorant of manufacturing so I will just gape and point cool stuff out to my kids and hope I get a good one.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
So with sales in Texas not allowed how does that work for the factory deliver option? Maybe we'd "pick it up" but really that's, do a tour, see your truck, then it's delivered to you in in some location in a neighboring state?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So with sales in Texas not allowed how does that work for the factory deliver option? Maybe we'd "pick it up" but really that's, do a tour, see your truck, then it's delivered to you in in some location in a neighboring state?
We're not buying in Texas. We buy our truck, then pick it up at the factory.

The point of sale in Texas can't be Texas, and they don't collect sales tax at point of delivery (unlike, say, California).

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
We're not buying in Texas. We buy our truck, then pick it up at the factory.

The point of sale in Texas can't be Texas, and they don't collect sales tax at point of delivery (unlike, say, California).

-Crissa
Right, similar to the euro delivery options some manufacturers have I suppose. Sans the ocean journey.

That's good, I'm looking forward to that adventure.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now, it's anyone's guess how Texas will handle delivery for Texans.

Right now they can take delivery in Texas, but after they do the transaction out of state. But how do you do that if the truck has never been out of state?

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Yeah, I'm sure that if they charge for delivery that you'd save that $$ by picking it up personally, so the only question is if there is a delivery charge added on as an additional charge or if Tesla is already figuring it into the price structure since I believe the majority of Tesla's are delivered these days (although I could be wrong about that ;?).
I am struggling to recall my source but I definitely remember reading or hearing that you still have to pay the destination charge if you pick up your vehicle at the factory. I could definitely de wrong but I think I heard it from the rep at one of their stores when I test drive the Y. Maybe they just wanted me to buy it through them.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Now, it's anyone's guess how Texas will handle delivery for Texans.

Right now they can take delivery in Texas, but after they do the transaction out of state. But how do you do that if the truck has never been out of state?

-Crissa
I read somewhere that you will need to buy it from a vendor out of state. But if they allow pick up I don’t see why it would be an issue to pick it up in Texas if it was sold out of state.
Sponsored