Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
This thing makes a Swiss Army knife seem like a one-trick pony.

It's literally the last vehicle you will ever need, for any possible situation.

Daily Driver? Sure.
Black Tie event? Of course.
Overlanding to an incredible overlook? Absolutely.
Smoking a douche in a Lambo at the light? All. Day. Long.
Towing a Big Boat? Duh.
Make me some RoboTaxi $$ while I sleep? In time, yes.
Camping like a MoFo? In your sleep. Literally.
Road Tripping with range for days? Yes, please.
Laughing while your CT is outside, unprotected in a hail storm? Seriously, doesn't matter.
Snowplowing the entire neighborhood out of a blizzard? Cakewalk.
Surviving the Apocolypse? Bring it. 2020 is just a warm-up.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Daily Driver? Sure.
Towing a Big Boat? Duh.
Laughing while your CT is outside, unprotected in a hail storm? Seriously, doesn't matter.
You forgot: Rust? We ainā€™t got no friggen rust!

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Daily Driver? Sure.
Towing a Big Boat? Duh.

I am 71YO, probably 73YO when my trimtor CT arrives. If I do not get approved for the 2024 Mars Colonization, the CT is my next most exciting option. Looks like a DeLorean with no cocaine risk, smokes Pesky Porsches, can haul or tow darned near anything. LOVE dog mode. Now PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the rocket option like on the Roadster. Then I can smoke the pesky custom Corvettes. 0-60 in nosebleed. Gotta love it!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Owning a Cybertruck will be similar to owning a fast exotic sports car. You will never bury the speedometer but you know what itā€™s capable of?

Last edited:

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I kind of agree with you there.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here AEC015D9-5FC7-4C7F-B80E-D602A9F09FCF

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Well, the only reason I find it interesting is the heated and air conditioned cargo area because I transport a lot of animals for my nonprofit. I am not a huge fan of the looks. There is a certain awesomeness about it, but it also attracts a lot of attention of which I am not a fan. Although, I have to convince myself to get over it because promotion of the nonprofit is the only way we get donations. So, having a Cybertruck to draw attention to our mission would actually be a good thing.

Also, I estimate our fuel costs will be less. Maybe nothing if Tesla would like to give back and allow free super charging for animal transports?? *hint hint*.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here CyberTruckRescueForce

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I kind of agree with you there.

AEC015D9-5FC7-4C7F-B80E-D602A9F09FCF.jpeg
Post a pic of that custom VW Bug on the left hand side of the photo! I recently got out of the air-cooled VW hobby and would love to see it.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Since it was revealed in November 2019, no other car or truck has caught the worlds' attention the way Cybertruck has. Tell us in 500 words or less, why you are psycho for Cybertruck.
Why am I psycho for an EV truck? One word, hope.

Cybertruck design zeitgeist embodies the pent up frustration felt with complacent automobile manufacturers. Its a frustration over manufacturerā€™s EV performance/value, range anxiety, lack of utility, solo function and single purpose models.

Frustration started with General Motors crushing EV1, literally, every last one of them! Not one example was allowed to be bought back by single person. EV1 contained the highest embodiment of sophisticated battery charging technology ever integrated into a car. That technology was lost to history by GM leadership who learned that EV1 represented a threat to its existence, future cashflow, service and sales. The EV1 plug-in required little maintenance, no service and would last decades with only a battery replacement or two. TL;DR: [GM, Chevron and CARB killed the sole NiMH EV once, will do so again ā€“ Plug-in Electric cars and solar power reduce dependence on foreign oil by living oil-free, we review the options](http://www.ev1.org/)

Frustration was reignited by the Fisker Karma automobile whose animalistic design captured design accolades but whoā€™s mechanical weaknesses failed to meet minimum needs of basic transportation. A frustration furthered by Tesla model S which followed Fisker Karma body lines then failed to capture the animalistic ā€œ pounceā€ of the Fiskerā€™s predecessor.

BUT frustration completely evaporated when Elonā€™s Cybertruck was revealed. Car design frustration, car pollution guilt and auto cost of ownership frustration was replaced with a vehicle that promised to save the planet, carry the family, pull the boat, a camper and power tools when needed - who couldnā€™t get onboard this design? From that moment forward the totality of automotive design looked obsolete; history. Designs before Cybertruck instantly became ā€œ last centuryā€ - especially pickup trucks which were a century, last, in the making.

Teslaā€™s blank slate, ground up, fresh take on a simple, polygon style mirrored movie science fiction i.e. Blade Runner. Cybertruck engineering exceeded mere movie trope, doubling range/ halving anxiety, and improving efficiency through motor technology and new innovations like the octo-valve conditioning battery range performance. Details further revealed that Tesla had a hell of a lot more invested in Cybertruck beyond design i.e. battery when it bought Maxwell. Cybertruck was swinging for the fences going for a home run hit. A winner take all effort in a grudge-match pickup game of design. Tesla the underdog! Who couldnā€™t get onboard this team? Even though there will be flaws, gaps and change necessary its a worthwhile endeavor for what Cybertruck represents.

I donā€™t want to leave a doomed planet by petroleum burning cars to our children. Tesla brought out a dual-use vehicle to obsolete whatā€™s in my driveway; a 4x4 gas guzzling work truck that does family duty weekends. Within 24 hrs. I put my money where my heart is and pre-ordered the Cybertruck. More than futuristic, Cybertruck presents hope to salvage a future for posterity. Its technology plan represents a future proof path to successfully delivering on such promise.

Tons of solutions remain to be worked out. Work solutions, camping solutions, trailering solutions and off road solutions remain to be perfected. Consider that Elon, in one simple design, overcame what automotive manufacturers havenā€™t - in over a century - with pickup truck design. Iā€™m psycho-confident Elon and Tesla et. al. can find solutions. The bet Iā€™m making is that they will be forthcoming SpaceX faster than a century.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I would bet there is at least one GM EV1 tucked away in a garage or warehouse somewhere in the US.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 5EBE4582-B737-40BC-AE28-0CD50DBA41CE

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There are some EV1s out there; school examples, some that had been losses but not crushed, and a couple that weren't turned in.

None were officially allowed, though.

The Cybertruck is the brutalist vehicle I would have wanted in my pre-teen years. It does away with the stacked design of the 20th century truck and goes for the aesthetics of an RX7.

I want my next car to be a truck. I am a front-wheel-drive, tuner-appreciative, hot hatch enthusiast. I have only had five cars in my life, and put a hundred thousand miles into each (except the one that died after a hundred, but it was a mechanical failure, so...) I need something to carry lumber and rock for my needs-work house. Transport motorcycles. Go camping. Make long roadtrips.

The Cybertruck offers all of this. And near my price point, which is admittedly low: My spouse says I'm not allowed to covet cars that are over 50 grand, a third the price of our home.

One vehicle to rule them all.

-Crissa

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, the only reason I find it interesting is the heated and air conditioned cargo area because I transport a lot of animals for my nonprofit. I am not a huge fan of the looks. There is a certain awesomeness about it, but it also attracts a lot of attention of which I am not a fan. Although, I have to convince myself to get over it because promotion of the nonprofit is the only way we get donations. So, having a Cybertruck to draw attention to our mission would actually be a good thing.

Also, I estimate our fuel costs will be less. Maybe nothing if Tesla would like to give back and allow free super charging for animal transports?? *hint hint*.

CyberTruckRescueForce.jpg
I hope you get your wish. Congrats on working with animals, very noble in my opinion.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Post a pic of that custom VW Bug on the left hand side of the photo! I recently got out of the air-cooled VW hobby and would love to see it.

I love vintage VWā€™s. Some of my beauties.

I hope no one minds.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here D7E4CDAE-4E39-47FB-BB4C-C075E7DE2B55

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here DF158F19-A975-4ECA-BE68-343B1B31852B

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 56C6D6D5-BA9F-4DC8-B6BA-12504B425FFA

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 919A6A4B-00D8-47FD-A5FC-3F39D81BF132

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here F5B0EE19-09DA-4227-848C-B09A9B622297

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Nice! I restored a beat up ā€˜64 and converted it a mild Cal Look Bug and painted it Mango Green. I then owned a stock Agave Green ā€˜57 and then finally a blue ā€˜56 Oval Cal Look Ragtop with a 2210cc motor w/dual carbs. I really miss the blue one.

I was a visitor to The Samba and Wolfsburg West for many years!

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here A6383E1E-82AF-40B5-85DB-52FF2D937147

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 306506EE-BBFB-4EC6-9BF6-37B9CF6D823D

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 29764A19-F5EB-4DC7-A05A-523732D8DC2F
Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here D47BCA15-B5E4-4001-BAD3-3FE1DA95FDF5
Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 726D20E0-022A-4C05-B6D3-15465D08E709

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here E439BA3A-A85E-434E-9516-8AC93C22AFEC

Last edited:

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired