Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Since it was revealed in November 2019, no other car or truck has caught the worlds' attention the way Cybertruck has. Tell us in 500 words or less, why you are psycho for Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Well it's the first and only well priced good specd electric truck. Wait...its the first and only electric truck available in mass, From a company who knows electric vehicles and has a fantastic fast charging network.

The CT itself could have been a normal style truck (with flair and the same specs) and it would have been just as popular, perhaps more so. I know people who DONT want it solely based on looks. I doubt there's many people BUYING it solely on looks.

I think its popular because of timing and brand recognition. Non tech/ev people I talk to at least know of tesla. They dont even know rivian, Nikola, lucid, or any other random potential ev maker. The legacy auto guys are just too slow and still (as far as I know) have not announced a comparable ev truck.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I need a new truck. I want an electric truck from an experienced electric manufacturer and Tesla and CT fit that. The features are in line with what I want / need. I need the truck for work and I want it to go on trips where I sleep in the bed. What's really nice is I no longer have to remove the camper shell when I get home from the weekend... My dog insists on going along and sitting in the truck all day and it breaks his heart when it's too cold or too hot. Not anymore pups ur getting pet mode you lucky dog. I couldn't care less how the outside of the truck looks, yes it's exciting that it's different but at the same time it's super annoying to have everyone stare at you at every stop light. There is no discreet nose picking... Everyone is looking.

Unarmed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck pre-ordered, Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Country flag
I believe if I'm correct, it will be the first Vehicle that appreciates in asset value short term. and can provide an income longer-term (FSD, Auto bidder, Renewable energy, etc.). Besides the sustainable energy benefits/savings and environmental benefits.

Also, people underestimate the use of Stainless steel for corrosion resistance and, lack of maintenance in general. its a lifetime vehicle.... and a once in a decade opportunity to invest in the future before the mass catches on.

Watch this video it will blow your minds...

-sincerely a new preordered Cybertruck owner. (#658,088)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Electric, 1/8" Stainless Steel bodied 6 passenger vehicle, All glass transparent roof, 100 cu.ft. storage, with 6.5' securely covered bed, Adjustable air suspension, AWD, 16" ground clearance, 35" tires, 8 360 degree surround cameras, comes with autopilot standard, OTA updates, 300miles of range, caries 3500lbs, tows 10,000lbs., capable of 0-60 in 4.5 sec., with a low center of gravity for unbeleivable handling, Built by Tesla in USA, at a price of less than the average Model Y, $49,900.
That's just the begining, I could go on & on! Oh did I tell you it's got Out of this World styling!

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
No more gas, autopilot and needing a truck that isn't an old beater.

It's also going to be our family wagon.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
My sentiments exactly

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Cybertruck will solve four of my biggest pet peeves regarding vehicle ownership;
-Door dings from inconsiderate people
-Chipped and scratched exterior paint
-Exterior paint maintenance (waxing, polishing, etc.)
-Body panel corrosion

I plan to have PPF applied to the front headlights and fog lights for ultimate protection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Electric, 1/8" Stainless Steel bodied 6 passenger vehicle, All glass transparent roof, 100 cu.ft. storage, with 6.5' securely covered bed, Adjustable air suspension, AWD, 16" ground clearance, 35" tires, 8 360 degree surround cameras, comes with autopilot standard, OTA updates, 300miles of range, caries 3500lbs, tows 10,000lbs., capable of 0-60 in 4.5 sec., with a low center of gravity for unbeleivable handling, Built by Tesla in USA, at a price of less than the average Model Y, $49,900.
That's just the begining, I could go on & on! Oh did I tell you it's got Out of this World styling!
My sentiments exactly

Geesh

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Dodge 3500 single cab 4x4 diesel, 1993 Ford Sportsmobile, 2002 MB C230K, 1989 Yamaha FJ 1200, 1972 Corvette (project)
Occupation
Aerospace (Mechanical) Engineer
Country flag
  • I find the CT aesthetics unattractive and ego-driven; I can get over this
  • I ski and want 4wd with legitimate wheel-well clearance for snow and mild off-road
  • 300mi range is huge; in a tow-rig is clutch
  • I put solar on my roof to help offset charging electrical load. & cost - defers some dependency on fossil
  • It's a truck FFS

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I've always been fascinated with the autonomous work Tesla has been doing. Their take on the automobile is the first true ground-up re-imagining that I've seen. I have the need to have a truck. And, hey, let's be honest. Who isn't giddy about a 2.9 second 0-60? I am!

edkaine

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic, Hyundai Tucson, have a Tesla Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
OT, RFT (Occupational Therapist and Registered Functional Therapist)
Country flag
The stainless steel full frame incorporated into the body is genius. The redesign to allow the Frame/Body to be folded together (with very few welds) made the shape of it necessary, then the aerodynamics worked out to be a low profile to bring in a drag coefficient of possibly 0.30 at 60MPH.
This folding design also should reduce cost and increase structural integrity with a lot of self supporting triangles.

And it won't rust... low maintenance and long life.

Then there's : Full Self Driving, 6 passenger cab, fun accessories, Potential for the Million Mile Battery and V2G Vehicle to grid...

It's the future baby!
Sponsored