Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Ditto. And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Why did I place my deposit?

The brutalist styling and stainless steel exoskeleton was so ā€œoutside of the boxā€ that I was instantly attracted to it. Itā€˜s unlike any other pickup truck from any manufacturer. Offering the Dual Motor version for only $51,100 (w/destination fee) was icing on the cake.

Elon, the Cybertruck is not going to be a niche vehicle. You will not have to go to Plan B and make a normal pickup because you are going to sell a ton of Cybertruckā€™s. Online orders will start pouring in once the general public starts to see them roaming the streets.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here D1048A8D-578F-423F-AA69-EAC48EFCEE51

Deleted member 3884

Iā€™ve never owned a truck because they are gas guzzlers. If Iā€™m close to being right, they Cybertruck will not be more expensive than running my Chevy Impala, fuel cost, and itā€™s a truck. Itā€™s so cool that the bed has a hidden storage area, the tailgate has a ramp, itā€™s really unique looking. Also the Cybertruck looks badass. The fact it can somewhat bulletproof is cool too.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
Why? It may very well be the greatest vehicle ever built. True Tesla.

isync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ct
Country flag
I hate door dings and windshield creaks - CT solves it - and it comes with free air suspensions, cargo cover, and air pump. However, I pray very hard for a 400miles dual motor after the battery day. 300 in Texas just won't cut it and $70k plus FSD will certianly break my bank....:(

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
We should be getting the 2nd generation of tabless construction batteries so I think roughly a 350 range mile on the Dual Motor Cybertruck. I also bet that they will going into the Semi, Roadster and Plaid Model S.

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This thing makes a Swiss Army knife seem like a one-trick pony.

It's literally the last vehicle you will ever need, for any possible situation.

Daily Driver? Sure.
Black Tie event? Of course.
Overlanding to an incredible overlook? Absolutely.
Smoking a douche in a Lambo at the light? All. Day. Long.
Towing a Big Boat? Duh.
Make me some RoboTaxi $$ while I sleep? In time, yes.
Camping like a MoFo? In your sleep. Literally.
Road Tripping with range for days? Yes, please.
Laughing while your CT is outside, unprotected in a hail storm? Seriously, doesn't matter.
Snowplowing the entire neighborhood out of a blizzard? Cakewalk.
Surviving the Apocolypse? Bring it. 2020 is just a warm-up.
All that is good and dandy here in the states or any modern well developed country. No one for sure will take any Cybertruck and drive it down into South America for a mini-adventure. I would my Landcruiser. Not my Cybertruck. There is gas galore along the way into South America.

There are limitations as "Great" as the Cybertruck is.

Reactions: Geo

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
All that is good and dandy here in the states or any modern well developed country. No one for sure will take any Cybertruck and drive it down into South America for a mini-adventure. I would my Landcruiser. Not my Cybertruck. There is gas galore along the way into South America.

Lol. Ok great, you found the one use case where a Landcruiser might be better. The CyberTruck kills it in almost every other situation. And not too sure how many people go to South America on an adventure like that. Sounds super fun, but 99.99% of the US population isn't doing that ever in their lifetime. Oh and our family had a Landcruiser growing up and I've been to Columbia but I don't think that counts :)

I will also say as beautiful as Medellin was, the pollution from gas cars was absolutely horrible! They clearly don't have the emissions regulations like we do. They need EV's there big time!! I was shocked at all the Uber drivers there driving stick shift cars with the phone and map in their lap with the crazy traffic and hills galore. Would be perfect for the smaller econo-car Tesla is coming up with next.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Rivian drove 2 electric vehicles from Patagonia to La.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rivian drove 2 electric vehicles from Patagonia to La.
I'm wondering how they made it to LA still alive.

I knew guys that would take fishing trips down in old Mexico 20 yrs ago, you can't do that anymore.

No sane gringo would try what they did.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TORQUE TORQUE TORQUE!

I want torque and plenty of it. Torque is king, baby!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
...And there's electricity, too. EVs don't need 'gas'... They just need a generator. They don't care if it's solar, hydro, gas, diesel, propane...

-Crissa
...but it needs a generator which requires gas. So, in essence it needs gas and lugging around a space-sucking generator. That just defeats the whole purpose of the Cybertruck. I'll leave the Cybertruck in the garage.

The point is:
On this epic adventure, I don't want to side-track and take mini-time-sucking excursions to find any "EV charging station", or wait a day to charge up at a random outlet, or even have charging stations dictate my route. No way. Now imagine doing that each time you need to charge along the way through El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua or Panama. Time is critical. When the Landcruiser needs gas... hop off the road, fill up, piss, re-up on supplies and go. 15 minutes tops. 30 minutes if I really take my time.

I get it. I get it. EVs are the future. EVs are now. Heck I'm still pretty sure I'm getting a Cybertruck too. Tri-Motor!
Sponsored