Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The EU requires deflection, not softness. It also only cares about the hood, You can do that with springs.

-Crissa
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If CT is over 3500kg GVM it will be classified as a light truck and probably exempted from most mundane pedestrian rules. Springed hood is all good and fine but you also need a low height impact area on the front bumper to make people go over the truck instead of under, otherwise the springed hood is pointless. Best way is FSD and hard speed locks (also something they want to do in EU) around schools and intersections etc. Good driver ed is even better.

So long they keep the autobahns open where no-one is allowed to walk around anyway I'm good. My "cruise" speed here is around 180-200kmh if traffic allows, but most car traffic flow already goes around 140-160kmh so not much difference. Theres plenty of people who want to overtake me. Trucks are the main danger as they are limited to 100kmh, so when they pull out to overtake some braking is required. Difference is overtaking lane has right of way and you're not allowed to overtake on the slower right lanes, so at least they generally don't pull out if they see you coming.

It would be nice to see FSD at least indicate or even predict traffic or obstacles ahead to avoid collisions in the first place. A "virtual" airbag as such. For example if it can tell the approach speed between two trucks from a distance then it could say there's a probable overtake maneveour ahead, be aware or slow down. Same with people and bike predictions in town, or even registering driver sobriety etc. Heaps of options to be predictive and adjust car behaviour accordingly.