Will FSD full self driving get priority on deliveries?

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I wonder if the early deliveries are going to go for those who pay for the full self driving? It would be a bummer to get bumped down the list if you’re not on board with that option.
Sponsored

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
It would seem to be a good idea for Tesla. Easy add of additional margin. Have they done this on any other models?

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Personal opinion; I think it will matter. Lot's of profit for Tesla in FSD.

However, I don't think there are that many people that did not opt in to FSD, so maybe Tesla won't care if the buyer opted for it or not. Most likely they are most concerned with who is committed to the purchase.

OP
OP

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Personal opinion; I think it will matter. Lot's of profit for Tesla in FSD.

However, I don't think there are that many people that did not opt in to FSD, so maybe Tesla won't care if the buyer opted for it or not. Most likely they are most concerned with who is committed to the purchase.
That’s my fear; agreed it will matter. That’s an extra $15,000 at today’s prices…😬

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
IMO, it would be crazy not to add FSD if it's still only $15K come delivery time considering you will get FSD Hardware ver. 4 and the technology will be almost ready for prime time if it's not already there. Chances are that the price will be much higher than $15K by January 2024 though, so that does make it more difficult. I think it only added $7500 to the cost of my reservation and I expect Tesla will honor that, but no guarantees of that. I'll bite the bullet and fork out $15K if it hasn't gone above that by the time I can take delivery.

I have it on my Model 3 and it's already amazing even if it still requires driver monitoring - the biggest problem is in cold, wet weather the glass covering the two B pillar cameras will fog up on the inside since I generally park my car out in the cold weather. Once I start driving with the heater on, the camera glass fogs up and takes a couple of hours of driving with the heater on (depending upon conditions) to clear. I'm betting the Cybertruck will have heated glass.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
From the beginning, Elon has said , hurry and get in on FSD before it goes up. He has always said this .I’m confused why some people feel if you went in at 7k how it changes to 15k just cuz. i don’t think Elon is playing games with us at all. No way.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
100% and I wouldn’t want it any way as im in for a bunch of em @ $7k FSD
I'm in at 7K also but it disappeared from my account....I called several months ago and spoke to a guy who checked computer and he told me that my order has FSD included....I asked why it did not show on my management page......he said not to worry, it is in the "computer" on the order page.....well see....

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
From the beginning, Elon has said , hurry and get in on FSD before it goes up. He has always said this .I’m confused why some people feel if you went in at 7k how it changes to 15k just cuz. i don’t think Elon is playing games with us at all. No way.
There is a difference from a legal standpoint of having bought FSD, and paid for it, and simply configured a reservation with FSD and paid $100. because the terms of the reservation give Tesla the legal right to adjust prices as they see fit (and you the right to get a full refund of your entire $100).

I suspect Tesla will honor the price anticipated at the reservation, but the price is not binding, so I'm just figuring out my options depending on what the final price turns out to be.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
On ordering, FSD of AU$10,000 was shown, not the vehicle price.
I feel they will honor the $10,000 only.

On that, (Mid 20) I gather orders had stretched into economic uncertainty.

------------------------

I read something that around 60% of orders were with FSD.

To let out some steam, maybe those in the top 50,000 without FSD will get it, apart from that, it makes total sense to deliver FSD orders first.

Last edited:

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
It would seem to be a good idea for Tesla. Easy add of additional margin. Have they done this on any other models?
Tesla did this briefly for a few months in 2021, if I remember correctly. Orders were 6 months out and they briefly prioritized deliveries to those they ordered FSD. This was not official and as soon as someone figured it out and everybody knew Tesla got rid of that.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yes, they have, but not consistently. It is part of their non-transparent algorithm that includes prior Tesla ownership, region of country, trim level selected, and other intangibles.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
On our recent road trip to Denver I was using Tesla’s AP (cruise control), which is very nice, when at speed and on otherwise clear road we had a radical braking. It was so radical that my things in the car were thrown around. Had we been on slick pavement it would have been bad. Needless to say I disengaged. I tried it again on the return trip and it did the same thing a couple more times. Before getting the Tesla we drove to Denver last year with my Lexus RX. It only modulates speed but it never had any phantom braking and was quite helpful in reducing fatigue. When AP, EAP, and NoAP work they are great but radical braking on an interstate highway cannot continue.

by the way, we have paid for FSD on both of our Teslas and I reserved my CT with FSD at the early pricing so I am a believer, but so far that is it - a belief/faith that they will get it working to a point where I can trust it with the safety of my family. I do not need for it to drive me while I sleep or watch movies but I do need to get where I am going safely.
Sponsored