Will the CT get an even better battery than advertised after battery day?

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Will the CT get an even better battery than advertised after battery day?
Sponsored

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
It is my opinion the CT will get the best battery available at the time of its release. One thing is for sure, Tesla always updates the software to include new advances and features to include battery management and longevity. This truck is so innovative it will stand out for decades.
I also believe the range of all three models will be increased at the time of delivery.
i think it’s very probable to see 300+, 350+ and 550+ for all three models.
Again in my most humble opinion.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It is my opinion the CT will get the best battery available at the time of its release. One thing is for sure, Tesla always updates the software to include new advances and features to include battery management and longevity. This truck is so innovative it will stand out for decades.
I also believe the range of all three models will be increased at the time of delivery.
i think it’s very probable to see 300+, 350+ and 550+ for all three models.
Again in my most humble opinion.
I am going to cross my fingers that your wishes and prognostications become reality. But if wishes were fishes...

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am going to cross my fingers that your wishes and prognostications become reality. But if wishes were fishes...
I would guess the 500 mile range depends on the new battery being developed. If it doesn’t get developed we will be waiting like the people who reserved the roadster......still waiting for a 600 mile battery. I,m guessing battery day will keep getting delayed on till the battery technology exists. It will get there..... just not always on time.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think battery day has been pushed out too many times and will be here this coming September.
Just my thoughts.
Elon Musk can only say that he has amazing news for so many months before no one believes him anymore. It’s a “put up or shut up” thing. It would have been amazing in February, but now that CATL has announced a 1.25 million mile battery, and new breakthroughs are announced just about every day, if Elon Musk wants to claim Tesla leadership in EV battery technology, he’d better demonstrate that superiority and soon. I too am hoping for no more Battery Day postponements.

El Joe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Gotta love that "+" sign after the EPA ratings for the CT. My hunch is that that number will grow a decent amount between now and whenever the truck goes to production. As noted before, having each number increase by 50-75 miles seems like a reasonable guess.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Battery day needs to bring my TSLA stonks back up.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Back up? They are really high right now, I think it'll probably lower more over the next few days. It will be interesting to see what battery day will bring since batteries is such a huge market. Overall I think Tesla stock is good to hang on to for the long run; between vehicles, batteries, and of course their FSD software, Tesla looks like they could be the company that leads us into a new age.

We also have to keep in mind that they do have strong competition. While other companies aren't in the media as much, there are others that are working on FSD technology and some companies have been hinting towards some major advancements in the battery field. But none of those other companies are going to save me in an apocalypse or give me a truck that can fart with a turn signal, so i'll stick with Tesla.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
We also have to keep in mind that they do have strong competition. While other companies aren't in the media as much, there are others that are working on FSD technology and some companies have been hinting towards some major advancements in the battery field. But none of those other companies are going to save me in an apocalypse or give me a truck that can fart with a turn signal, so i'll stick with Tesla.
Strong competition? Lucid Air is going to cost over $150,000... Looks more like competition for gas cars, not Tesla.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Strong competition? Lucid Air is going to cost over $150,000... Looks more like competition for gas cars, not Tesla.
Yes but I was clearly referring to FSD technology and battery technology. There are numerous FSD systems that are being worked on that aren't even used in cars yet, then there is openpilot which can be installed in numerous cars such as even a honda and while I don't think it's anywhere near what Tesla can do, in terms of a autopilot for highway driving, it has proved to do well on the reviewed I watched on youtube. Then you have companies that are coming out with hands free autopilot that can track your eyes instead of you nudging the wheel, you have mercedes coming out claiming they will have L3 driving in traffic jams and L4 for parking.

Now I personally prefer the Tesla style over the hands free options, that might just be me but I like to have a hand on the wheel when we are in L2 still. As for the Mercedes claims, we'll see, Personally I think this could come out like Audi where they claim they will have L3 but won't, I don't think Mercedes will give up but I don't think they'll immediately have L3 on release.

Now when it comes to battery technology, you can find lots of companies that are claiming that solid state batteries are just around the corner. I believe it was Toyota that said they were working on a solid state battery for EV but I forgot what timeline they gave. However it does seem that solid state batteries will be just around the corner in the next few years. Will they come to EV's right away? probably not, but we are definitely getting closer.

Either way, Tesla does have competition. I wasn't referring to car sales, I was referring to the technology that they are working towards because Tesla isn't just a car company, they are a tech company. When it comes to cars, they still have competition; lots of manufacturers are starting to produce more and more ev's, and even the Cybertruck seems like it will have some big rivals as well and most companies seem to plan to release their electric trucks within 1-2 years of each other.

Best thing to remember, competition is good.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I’m hoping Elon reveals the production version of the Cybertruck and more details on Battery Day. They are scheduled to start rolling off the TX assembly line in Q4 of 2021.
Sponsored