Battery size on the single battery Cybertruck will be same as and dual and tri motor?

LKP

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid
Occupation
Retired manager
Country flag
While I understand that two motors is more efficient than one, and three is more efficient than two, I was wondering if the batter size on the CT will be the same as the two and three motor version? It’s hard to believe that a third motor would add 200 miles of range, so I’m hoping that Tesla might come out with a dual motor with 500 miles of range at a price point that’s midway between the two and three motor version? IE 59K. At some point I plan on getting a small trailer for travel, and I believe a 300 mile range won’t be sufficient as there is a loss with the extra weight when towing.
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Bigger battery in the 3 motor. I agree with you though, It's a lot of money from 2m to 3m. Seems like a 2m with a larger battery would sell
its not just the battery you are gaining with the tri motor though, its the performance gain as well. the 0-60 is faster and there are opinions out there that the tri motor may have different aspects of the plaid powertrain where other versions may not. Until we get more definitive specs though, its only speculation

Faffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul ev
Country flag
its not just the battery you are gaining with the tri motor though, its the performance gain as well. the 0-60 is faster and there are opinions out there that the tri motor may have different aspects of the plaid powertrain where other versions may not. Until we get more definitive specs though, its only speculation
For me, a 2m ct is twice as fast as my current vehicle. The 3m is probably more pep than is good for me but the allure of the 3m is 500 mile range.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Yeah, I would be happy with the biggest battery and two motors.

I do not want that performance, I do want the range, but if the only way to get it is buy a tri-motor, I will just live with a dual motor.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The performance is more a side-effect of having the available power to deal with the weight (of the double battery pack) than any real optimization of performance.

It just makes good sales copy to talk about the edge cases while the actual goal is to make the different trucks still perform in the same middle bands.

-Crissa

4Axlift

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Tundra, Highlander, DR650
Occupation
Pipeline construction, Welding and Coating Inspector
Country flag
True. But in my finite community, it is a tool. 0 to 60 Means nothing, what is important is a range, towing Range, Range with a constant load, durability. cost of ownership, cost per mi.
If the single motor was 4 wheel drive I would be buying it. but in my work 4x4 is a must. I would still want Range!! Single motor 4x4 600mi unladen range. I can only hope. I am willing to consider the cost of the Battery.
Sponsored

Reactions: LKP