Will the Cybertruck be allowed to drive in Europe?

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi all,
I live in Denmark and I have make a CT reservation the 24th of november 2019 (tri motor awd with FSD). We are a family of 4 and have a 3 years and 1 year old kids. We own a Tesla Model 3 AWD already and we are really happy with it. Our intention with the CT is to travel far and get some adventure :) We are especially looking forward to the solar roof on the truck, sleeping possibilities, be able to cook and eventually which trailer we could use to travel.

My main concern though is if the CT will be allowed to drive on European road, what do you think?

Best regards,
Laurent
Sponsored

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
If their allowing you to Pre-order it I would say yes.
Just might be a bit of adventure, :), with the small tight roads.
But fun too.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hi all,
I live in Denmark and I have make a CT reservation the 24th of november 2019 (tri motor awd with FSD). We are a family of 4 and have a 3 years and 1 year old kids. We own a Tesla Model 3 AWD already and we are really happy with it. Our intention with the CT is to travel far and get some adventure :) We are especially looking forward to the solar roof on the truck, sleeping possibilities, be able to cook and eventually which trailer we could use to travel.

My main concern though is if the CT will be allowed to drive on European road, what do you think?

Best regards,
Laurent
Congrats Laurent. It shouldn't be a problem. It's actually smaller than the F150 raptor, its bigger than , say a Toyota, but not enough to be declared too big for Denmark. Will you enjoy it as much as I will? That may be tough to pull off...

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Congrats Laurent. It shouldn't be a problem. It's actually smaller than the F150 raptor, its bigger than , say a Toyota, but not enough to be declared too big for Denmark. Will you enjoy it as much as I will? That may be tough to pull off...
Hi Cyberman,

Sounds good. I have read somewhere that I have read here that the CT will not be street-legal in EU. CT not street-legal in EU

Madaven818

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: CRV future: cyber truck
Occupation
UPS
Country flag
Hi all,

Best regards,
Laurent
Will you be selling tickets to that monster truck rally?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
That article is click bait. It claims that the hood of vehicles must absorb energy from pedestrian impacts which exactly zero vehicles are designed to do. It doesn't reference the supposed EU regulations. BTW how pedestrian friendly is a chrome plated steel bumper and why wouldn't the cybertruck bumper be just as pedestrian friendly. That person who wrote that article never saw a cybertruck and quotes a random person that claims the truck would need to be redesign. FUD

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Rest easy knowing the a more compact Cybertruck is probably coming for ROW motorists. It’s simply too big of a market for Tesla to ignore. It’s probably 3-5 years away From hitting the streets.

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
Tesla will solve the regulatory difficulties but we might have to wait a year or two. By then there might well be a smaller CT that's more Euro friendly anyway

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
It’ll probably be like those small shampoo and deodorant bottles you buy at the airport. The small ones cost just the same as the full size ones and they’re disappointing in every way

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I sure hope we will get the full size truck in Denmark, that was the one I signed up for, and thats the one I want, not a small wannabe ;)
Hi Niels,
Nice to know I am not alone in DK with an ordered CT. I guess It will come to EU as soon as possible - I was guessing by 2022. I think it is doable. Will see :)

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That article is click bait. It claims that the hood of vehicles must absorb energy from pedestrian impacts which exactly zero vehicles are designed to do. It doesn't reference the supposed EU regulations. BTW how pedestrian friendly is a chrome plated steel bumper and why wouldn't the cybertruck bumper be just as pedestrian friendly. That person who wrote that article never saw a cybertruck and quotes a random person that claims the truck would need to be redesign. FUD
Agree with you on this one. Some people as always are not interested in Tesla getting success. Their innovation pace is unseen and some traditional car markers should be worried. You can measure the impact on CT just on Jay Leno's Garage Videos views:

#1 Batmobile with 15 Mio in +6 years
#2 Cyber Truck 11.3 Mio in 4 days

Just wowww. I hope it will come to Europe by 2022.

Niels W

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.5T + Renault Clio + Renault Zoe (leasing)
Country flag
It’ll probably be like those small shampoo and deodorant bottles you buy at the airport. The small ones cost just the same as the full size ones and they’re disappointing in every way
Hehe yes precisly!
Sponsored