Will the Cybertruck be allowed to drive in Europe?

Wolfythelobo

First Name
Giorgio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
He did say this. He then announced that it only needed to be 3% smaller so that it would fit in a normal garage. Not to long after he announced that even 3% smaller would make it too small and that they weren't going to change the size.

Which seems like that means that to prototype which was about 84" (213cm) will be the width and 231" (5.88m) will be the length.
cool... I missed that 3% smaller comment
Sponsored

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
F150 classic and raptor are allowed to drive in Europe, just added fog light etc...
Most of them are commercial vehicule due to taxes too high if private vehicule

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So we got the reply by Elon Musk yesterday. CT will only be available in the US to start with:cry: I am so disappointed!

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
So we got the reply by Elon Musk yesterday. CT will only be available in the US to start with:cry: I am so disappointed!
I totally agree, very disappointing.
But at least now we know that we will NOT get the Cybertruck to Europe, we can stop speculating and start looking for something else instead. Too bad there is NOTHING even close to this amazing truck when it comes to specs and price :cry:

Desdichado

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
But at least now we know that we will NOT get the Cybertruck to Europe, we can stop speculating and start looking for something else instead. Too bad there is NOTHING even close to this amazing truck when it comes to specs and price :cry:
But he said there will be a international version?

Reactions: Geo
OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But he said there will be a international version?
Yes, but it is not the same for me. I was interested in the "big" version. Maybe if they import it as a truck it will be possible - you "just" then need to take a truck license to drive over 3.500 Kg. What do you think?

cybrnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRCK
Country flag
Yes, but it is not the same for me. I was interested in the "big" version. Maybe if they import it as a truck it will be possible - you "just" then need to take a truck license to drive over 3.500 Kg. What do you think?
I think it will be much lighter then many expects.
It will be an exoskeleton with an underbody mega casting with integrated batteries.
It will be LIGHT and STRONG...

OP
OP

Laurent

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think it will be much lighter then many expects.
It will be an exoskeleton with an underbody mega casting with integrated batteries.
It will be LIGHT and STRONG...
Let´s see but batteries are not light!

Desdichado

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
i think it will be around 2900kg based on what model x weight..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
But that's not a change.

The Model Y will be available only in the US for at least 18 months before Europe. The Model 3 took 3-4 months longer than the plan for the Y. The first Model S took a year, too.

And there are places in Europe (and globally) you can't have a full-sized truck.

This is not news, nor does it mean that places that do have full-sized trucks won't be getting them.

-Crissa

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I missed that info, so will they be telling us to withdraw our orders and receive the full refund as there’s no point in staying in line for the CT If we can’t have one. I will be contacting Tesla UK tomorrow to get their input, gutted is an understatement.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How is this different? They don't even know when the Model Y will get to the UK yet. Other than 'maybe sometime in 2022'.

-Crissa
I didn’t apply for a Model Y so didn’t look into when or if it was coming to the U.K., they accepted my £100 Reservation for the CT RN113251855 so I expected Tesla would honour that, now if the policy is to only supply the CT to North America (lucky you) I would like to know sooner rather than later so I don’t waste my time looking out for all the latest updates on it while dreaming of owning one.
However if further down the line they decide to make a smaller version for the rest of the world wouldn’t that mean a whole new Reservation process for that new vehicle.
As to the original CT all wouldn’t be totally lost as down the line when or if Tesla sells them to other countries with right hand drive I would then have the opportunity to import one, say Japan or Australia, if I still had to have one.
All the talk of the CT being to large for the U.K. is nonsense, yes my Nissan Navara NP300 is 55cm shorter, with no mirrors or cameras on the CT the quoted width is 79.8” (202.69 cm) my Nissan is 208.5cm with the mirrors open and the CT is 6.5cm taller, so not massively different.
A concern was the weight, that was why I asked if the all up weight would be lower with these new batteries, we have a limit of 3500kg (7,716ils) for pickups to be taxed at a lower rate than an equivalent ICE car (this is the road tax not purchase tax) but seeing as the U.K. doesn’t tax electric vehicles (at the moment) maybe the extra weight wouldn’t have been an issue.
Like everyone else I looking forward to Battery Day so wasn’t expecting bad news that it will not be available here, completely gutted but I will be phoning Tesla U.K. tomorrow to see what they say.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Who said it was too large for the UK? Elon didn't say anything about the UK.

You're 'gutted' about what, though? Elon didn't say they would never sell the Cybertruck outside the US.

-Crissa
Sponsored