Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
My original plan was to keep my '16 MS forever since it has FSD (and the computer gets upgraded soon!!!). Since the recent refresh, I realize how dated the technology in the car is going to become. I don't see this car being viable (for what I want it to do) for much longer. I think, by the time I get to pick up my CT, it'll be time to trade the ol' S in.

So as of now my plan is to trade in the S, then get either an S or an X as soon as the CT it paid off. In the mean time, the CT will be the daily driver.
Sponsored

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Current plan Keep my Ford Expedition LE as tis 150K on it and 2008.
Would not get much in trade in or by selling it. Probably drive till it stops. :)
CT becomes my daily driver replacing the Expedition.

Buglermcd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Country flag
Trading in our '15 Prius V that was our trip car and my daily driver until we bought a Model 3; and our '12 F-150 that tows our Airstream.

CT Tri-motor can replace both.

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Yep, it’ll be my daily driver. I’ll either sell my F150 or trade it in. We’ll see when the time comes

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
DD here also. And pulling my boat to the various lakes around here during boating season. Safety and fun during "non-boating" season. Trading in my 2013 Chevy Silverado z71 4x4 that i bought new. Ive been a Chevy Silverado guy since i was 15yrs old (im now 50). Well the 2019-2020 models turned me off (the front grill and rear tailgate...just yuck). I started looking at dodges before the cybertruck release. Now the cybertruck is my new love.
Haven’t you heard, no need for a boat as well as the CT ?

Alpeyev

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe Cybertruck, Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Definitely daily driver for me. Trading in my Porsche Cayenne S. I am Porsche fan but had some issues with this particular one and really wanted to drive EV despite the fact that I have to tow the RV here and there. Porsche EV will be way to expensive for a while and towing will not be in sight. I am ready to turn the page and jump on the Tesla band wagon. Reliability issues do scare me a bit though. It is an EV with half of the parts of the typical gasoline engine yet Tesla does have some issues with quality.
Update: got rid of my Cayenne and am totally in love with my wife’s Model 3. Will never buy another ice car. Single car household for now.

canadian.bacon

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Selling '19 Mustang in the upcoming months to replace it with the CT. We will drive one car as we are WFH. Keeping the '20 4Runner for the foreseeable future (10+ years) - we are not ready to go EV 100%

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Retired. DD Cybertruck. Its a last vehicle purchase. A Tahoe will remain in-reserve as 2nd car and Looong journeys in Central and South America.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Retired. DD Cybertruck. Its a last vehicle purchase. A Tahoe will remain in-reserve as 2nd car and Looong journeys in Central and South America.
Any bets that it'll be easier to drive a Cybertruck down there soon? It doesnt care what the generator runs on, be it hydro, wind, solar... Or gas.

-Crissa

Cyber01

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
mine will be a daily driver selling my old Toyota pickup

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 Lariat Sport 2WD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Country flag
We’ll see. I have a 2018 eff one fiddy lariat sport that’ll be paid off soon. I’m sure the shock value of a CT will be gone by the time I get mine though so maybe I’ll drive that bish every day.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I'm excited to see these trucks start rolling around the streets. I plan to daily drive mine, however many of my students were surprised that this was going to be my primary vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 2018 VW Atlas and going all in, driving it daily. What is your plan?
I currently drive a 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid. It is comfortable but I find it to be a bit of a joke as a hybrid. But, my wife plans on handing it down to her son as he starts to drive due to the safety features and the "parental controls". As for me, I have two trucks that I will sell privately after taking possession of the CT. Both are paid off and I have looked into the trade in process. That process seems to leave money on the table on my side. I do my own mechanical work on my vehicles so I know the trucks will still be good reliable vehicles for people who cannot afford Tesla or other electric options. Oh, and we have a model 3 that my wife lets me drive occasionally. The question about daily driver is answered with an absolute yes!

Last edited:

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag