Would you buy a 2 mm CT

Would you buy a 2mm cold rolled CT with assumed savings above?

• Total voters

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I would pay extra for 4mm. I don't want my vehicle to just look tough. I want it to be tough. Buy a Ford if you want a thin skin literally and proverbially.
...or buy a Ford if you want a beyond belief rust bucket
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I think their supply is also involved in this decision. It'll be what they can get alot of. And they're working to make thousands of Starships, so... There needs to be some standard.

-Crissa
I think we keep trying to connect Tesla’s purchasing power with the CT and the starship. I think this is unrealistic. They plan to make millions of these trucks and make thousands of the starship. Both will use a lot of material and at that qty even if both used slightly different materials I really don’t see it impacting the pricing they get.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Keep reading the title and thinking 2mm is too small to drive.

It could be a little smaller, but need to be at least 16 foot long to be useful as a truck. 2mm? How do you even get into it?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Keep reading the title and thinking 2mm is too small to drive.

It could be a little smaller, but need to be at least 16 foot long to be useful as a truck. 2mm? How do you even get into it?
Tesla has been trying to mimic the tech from that downsizing movie. 2mm will work

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The other consideration is takes a lot more time cost to roll from 3mm to 2mm. Some may be offset from forming savings but spring back variation may be a lot worse.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Two mm or three mm? I’ll take anything just to to drive it as soon as possible. Stop the debating and just build it, already.
The people building it aren’t debating it. They aren’t going to quiz us to see what we think would be cool.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The people building it aren’t debating it. They aren’t going to quiz us to see what we think would be cool.
Fully agree, if 4mm is righter I will also be happier, but as long as it fits into a big rocket space ship specs it would be cool.
Sponsored