You get one question answered

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Tesla is getting technology from SpaceX here. Tesla has no monies that move from one company to the other; they merely share technology.

-Crissa
Just realize: Elon built Paypal, and the workers likely thought that was forever. Paypal funded later endeavors. In 2018, Elon was weighing the option of selling Tesla to Apple. So, Tesla, in Elon's mind is not necessarily what people want to think. He is not romantically linked. And, Tesla does have value, though on paper - they are one of the top 10 market cap companies in the world. Top 10. Yes, there is value there. So, again... my hope is that Elon stays committed at least through 2030, but I do feel this may be a bit of a stretch for him. Elon isn't about Tesla - he is about making this life for everyone better. Now, what he sees is the best way to make that happen from day to day, I have no clue; and, unless you're Elon, neither do any of us. Again, my hope is the same as each of yours here. But, we don't want to simply look blindly forward, then Elon sells Tesla, and everything he says matters not. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Just realize: Elon built Paypal, and the workers likely thought that was forever. Paypal funded later endeavors. In 2018, Elon was weighing the option of selling Tesla to Apple. So, Tesla, in Elon's mind is not necessarily what people want to think. He is not romantically linked.
Tesla is doing what he wants it to do: To shift the world to renewable energy. So he is explicitly romantically linked.

He offered to sell to Apple so Tesla wouldn't be liquidated. You only make offers like that if you want it to succeed. If you just wanted to cash out - like Elon and Paypal - you cash out at whatever the price is.

-Crissa

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
In lieu of no CT news for Christmas I guess we can dream a little.

If you got one twitter tweet to Elon and his CT team and they promised to give a single straight answer to one and only one question; what would you ask them?

Here's mine; What is battery pack size for the Tri-motor CT?
When can I buy individual 4680 cells so as to create my own off-grid battery bank?

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
Just realize: Elon built Paypal, and the workers likely thought that was forever. Paypal funded later endeavors.
Elon was fired from Paypal. He wanted to take the company in a different direction, and when others disagreed, he was ousted. If they had listened to him, Paypal would be the most valuable company in the world, and Elon would be MUCH richer than he is today. When asked about this, he said he was glad to have been forced out, because the people who left with him (paypal mafia) went on to start a number of successful companies, like YouTube, Yelp, and LinkedIn.

Third Row Tesla Podcast – Episode 7 - Elon Musk's Story - Director's Cut - YouTube
Fast forward to 1:30:00 and listen for five minutes

Last edited:

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Elon was fired from Paypal. He wanted to take the company in a different direction, and when others disagreed, he was ousted. If they had listened to him, Paypal would be the most valuable company in the world, and Elon would be MUCH richer than he is today. When asked about this, he said he was glad to have been forced out, because the people who left with him (paypal mafia) went on to start a number of successful companies, like YouTube, Yelp, and LinkedIn.

Third Row Tesla Podcast – Episode 7 - Elon Musk's Story - Director's Cut - YouTube
Fast forward to 1:30:00 and listen for five minutes

This is when I realized Elon is the most altruistic tycoon ever to have lived. Questioning him or his commitment is frankly laughable.
Regardless, Elon's take on Paypal selling in 2002 was $180 million... does that sound like a bad experience to you? Elon likely recalls this as he does because money doesn't mean to him, what it means to others. Elon can sneeze $1m (figuratively). And, I have listened to all of the Third Row Tesla Podcasts, and many other items on Elon. This isn't my first rodeo regarding Elon. I was around looking hard at Elon and EVs when the Type S was only a thought. peace

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Are the grooves in the bed and tailgate, T-Slots for mounting things?

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
When, no shit, will I get mine?

Everything else will be what it is, and will be impacted or decided by things I don't control. Therefore they are just decision points for me or don't matter...

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess mine is more of a show and tell. Lets see you repeat the 'hammer the door and throw a steel ball at the window'. I'm sure they fixed it, but the PR from doing that would maybe get more sales.
Would also like to see them back up the 'It will float for a short time'. Ice fishers in the north would make it there 'gotta have vehicle'!
Sponsored