Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Chiropractor
Country flag
Are you going to release a Quad Motor and When?
Sponsored

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I would say, Iā€™ve waited a long damn time to see that monster in my driveway.... will you stick to a delivery date? Iā€™m done with all they hype, the what ifā€™s, maybe it will be, this year maybe next year, maybe we donā€™t know.
Just venting a bit.... all I see is words without verifiable action for us to see demonstrated.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Will Tesla be making an off road RV for the CT and can the CT cross a stream? I know thatā€™s 2 questions but weā€™re dreaming right? Seriously does anyone know if Tesla has any plans for making an RV? Something like the Bruder EXP would be bad ass!

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Will Tesla be making an off road RV for the CT and can the CT cross a stream? I know thatā€™s 2 questions but weā€™re dreaming right? Seriously does anyone know if Tesla has any plans for making an RV? Something like the Bruder EXP would be bad ass!
How about em-50??

Tesla Cybertruck You get one question answered CMpDlCWWgAAXnTN

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Some of these questions already have answers.
Have to do a power upgrade at my house to accommodate the CT. How many amps will the tri-motor be able to handle?
They recommend a 60a circuit. Two-up chargers tend to want up to 100a circuits. AC charging will always be much slower. https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation

Why not convert an existing abandoned GM factory in Shreveport to make one of the models?
Tesla and Elon have already answered that the vast differences in line optimization and parts supply made existing facilities not very useful. You have to build a modern factory around how each model is made, and so all you get from an existing factory is a box. And many of these boxes are leaking and without enough power run through them.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
How long is a month or so?
It's longer than 2 weeks or so, but definitely shorter than 2 months or so . . . . . .

Especially when 2 months or so, is also defined as ' next year ' ! ;)

But if you have been promising timeframes and breaking them by years, I think its to be expected that alas, disappointingly, there is little substance in the forecast.
( But given how short this one was, it really was believed as credible )

e.g.
Forecasts for Tesla Robotaxi's ( Lv 5 Autonomy ) being a reality, have repeatedly been 18mths away since 2015 ! ( We're still at Lv 2 )

Tesla Semi's were first to be delivered by 2019, then 2020, then 2021, but now will be 2022, along with the latest confirmation of Cybertruck.

Oh well, life goes on :)

Woo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck reserved and two ICE vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What are the limitations of aftermarket tires?

It took quite awhile to boil that down into a single question. I've heard that other tire sizes with TPMS (tire pressure monitoring sensors) can be used. Also, I heard the service center can change the tire size in the settings.

What if there's a set of snow tires and/or sand tires and/or rock crawlers and/or dailies? Does each tire change require a trip to the service center to change the settings? What's the maximum size tire?
Why would the service center need to change the tire size? Couldn't the CT (equipped with TPMS) figure out based on GPS/positioning cameras how far the truck has traveled and thus calculate the diameter of the wheel? Then just math out the tires from that.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Why would the service center need to change the tire size? Couldn't the CT (equipped with TPMS) figure out based on GPS/positioning cameras how far the truck has traveled and thus calculate the diameter of the wheel? Then just math out the tires from that.
I would tend to agree that the car could figure it out. I'm relaying what I've read about others having to go in.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Better for the car to know what the tires are supposed to be, for ABS and traction control purposes. Yeah, it could estimate after driving a couple miles straight-line... but not everyone has one of those, and the safety features would be disabled until then.

-Crissa

JayJay

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, Cyber Truck on order
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Will it be possible to directly connect solar panels to the truck for charging?