Elon dying to make Cybertruck like yesterday! Will delivery be accelerated...

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon is itching to build the Cybertruck. The 3 and Y are great cars and important for The Mission, but they're vanilla mass-market vehicles. For Elon, the Cybertruck is a much needed respite from the latest bran meal offerings from Tesla, and is license to dream just like the early days of the company. The upswell of consumer interest only adds fuel to the fire.

Anyone think Elon's enthusiasm will accelerate the delivery schedule?

Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Elon is itching to build the Cybertruck. The 3 and Y are great cars and important for The Mission, but they're vanilla mass-market vehicles. For Elon, the Cybertruck is a much needed respite from the latest bran meal offerings from Tesla, and is license to dream just like the early days of the company. The upswell of consumer interest only adds fuel to the fire.

Anyone think Elon's enthusiasm will accelerate the delivery schedule?

Yaa, so good to see!

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
First hurdle will be the plant. Sounds like they're actively looking for this mid state location and probably have a short list already. Once chosen we know how fast they can throw one of these together so maybe it comes sooner than expected.
Personally I need a little more time to save up the $s, but I'm about 300K on the list so I'm thinking I've got time anyway. Unless these CTs go together quicker than they project. I think Elon said they were looking at a production of 50k a year to start, but this was early days so may have changed.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
When Tesla unveiled the CT Musk said that it would be built at the Fremont plant. I do not know why everyone is focusing on this midwestern plant. It is possible that they will build CTs at Fremont until the the midwestern plant is operational, but there is no reason to believe that they cannot begin building CTs at another plant. I am convinced that the prototypes will be built in Fremont.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
This point leads me to ask, what is the assumed production capacity in the order tracking spreadsheet. It looks like it's assuming the new CT plant can crank out around 290k units per year. If so, based on what assumption? Freemont currently produces that much in a retrofitted plant (Toyota previously did about 500k/year). Also does the order tracking sheet account for assumed canceled orders?

There is most likely more than one way to accelerate production, but in the early stages I bet there is still time to increase the size of the facility before they break ground (assuming they don't acquire an existing plant).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I wouldn't put an ounce of faith into the 'order tracking spreadsheet'. It was just put together by people like us, with their own guesses. It may or may not be accurate, but if it is it is probably serendipity. And it doesn't and cannot take into account any/all of the factors that must come into play. It might be easier to guess if Tesla had stuck with the $2,500 reservation fee, but it is really anyone's guess how many $100 reservations will turn into purchases. I had an order for an MY that I cancelled when I put in the reservation for the CT, but the MY looks better al the time. If it weren't for the stainless steel and range of the CT I might even go back (but those factors are strong motivations for me to stick with the CT). I only provide this anecdotal example because 2+ years is a long time for anyone to hold onto an idea/dream, especially these days.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
I wouldn't put an ounce of faith into the 'order tracking spreadsheet'. It was just put together by people like us, with their own guesses. It may or may not be accurate, but if it is it is probably serendipity. And it doesn't and cannot take into account any/all of the factors that must come into play. It might be easier to guess if Tesla had stuck with the $2,500 reservation fee, but it is really anyone's guess how many $100 reservations will turn into purchases. I had an order for an MY that I cancelled when I put in the reservation for the CT, but the MY looks better al the time. If it weren't for the stainless steel and range of the CT I might even go back (but those factors are strong motivations for me to stick with the CT). I only provide this anecdotal example because 2+ years is a long time for anyone to hold onto an idea/dream, especially these days.
That's fair. I was just wondering and wanted to make my own judgement based off the sheet but needed to know more about it's own considerations.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I’d say expect sooner
When Tesla unveiled the CT Musk said that it would be built at the Fremont plant. I do not know why everyone is focusing on this midwestern plant. It is possible that they will build CTs at Fremont until the the midwestern plant is operational, but there is no reason to believe that they cannot begin building CTs at another plant. I am convinced that the prototypes will
? wow. Nice read. Very much enjoyed.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm wondering if 3/Y should go to the midwest Giga plant! If CT takes too long, I'm thinking of getting a Y first, CT later.

OP
OP

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm wondering if 3/Y should go to the midwest Giga plant! If CT takes too long, I'm thinking of getting a Y first, CT later.
This is the real struggle. If there was no Cybertruck, I would already have a Y.

Early 2022 is soon enough that I probably won't bite the bullet on a Y. Two expensive new cars in 2 years wouldn't be wise in my financial situation!

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, it's getting towards 'buddy can you spare a dime,' time...

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I think the spreadsheet is a lot of extrapolation since if you had done the same thing with the mY it would have been way off. There were several reports of people ordering in February and having vehicles delivered in March.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I agree. Two years is a long wait. It's especially long for someone like me who has been wanting a Tesla for years. I basically have to have a truck and have had one continuously for about 24 years now. Before that, sports cars. I ordered a CT a bit late because, well, my wife doesn't like it. I finally pulled the trigger anyway. She'll come around. But, what to do in the meantime? Long post short, we've now ordered a Model Y for her. I don't know how long that wait will be but it should be much less than 2 years. So, I'll get my Tesla fix vicariously through her! Lucky, me, right?

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I couldn't wait so I bought a MS. Everyone asks me how I like it. I tell them I'll never purchase another ICE car. I am counting on being able to use the CT to Plow. If that is a reality then I perhaps will purchase a second one and either put rear drag plows on them or front plows if possible. Anyway ... I will never purchase another ICE car as a daily driver. I love my MS and will never go back.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon dying to make Cybertruck like yesterday! Will delivery be accelerated... 60737039678__2443DE9D-CD51-4801-BCB3-DA9DE767C41A.JPG
Sponsored