Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Well that confirms the two bases are for two separate 9k presses, not one as I had suggested.

Man they will be cranking them out way faster than expected if they do devote two presses to CT with only one cast per unit, if that is the case!

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
@Throwcomputer beat me to it, but you can very clearly see the second base sitting in the background. There will be 2 presses in this area and it looks like the 2nd one is also a 9k Ton Press.

This is starting to look more and more like they sneaked 2 presses in and are going to build them in parallel.

Tesla Cybertruck IDRA 9K Giga Press Set Up Begins at Giga Texas! (Photos) 1673629055960

igoreka

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
How long did it take from installation of Giga Press to first production for model Y? Less than a year right?

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I’m not seeing a second press? I’m regarded and all, but…. Help the greggertruck out

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
@Throwcomputer beat me to it, but you can very clearly see the second base sitting in the background. There will be 2 presses in this area and it looks like the 2nd one is also a 9k Ton Press.

This is starting to look more and more like they sneaked 2 presses in and are going to build them in parallel.

1673629055960.png
I don't see the connection, yes the two foundations mean two 9k ton presses as expected but what makes you think the second one has already arrived?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m not seeing a second press? I’m regarded and all, but…. Help the greggertruck out
They poured 2 foundations for presses. You can see the orange forklift in the middle of the second foundation. They usually don’t pour the foundation for these until a few weeks prior to installation. That’s why there were giant holes in the floor here 6 weeks ago.

With the number of parts they’ve received, I think there is a fair chance they’ve actually received 2 full presses and will be installing them one after the other (and partially in parallel). Either both for the Cybertruck, or 1 for the Cybertruck and one for the next gen vehicle.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They poured 2 foundations for presses. You can see the orange forklift in the middle of the second foundation. They usually don’t pour the foundation for these until a few weeks prior to installation. That’s why there were giant holes in the floor here 6 weeks ago.

With the number of parts they’ve received, I think there is a fair chance they’ve actually received 2 full presses and will be installing them one after the other (and partially in parallel). Either both for the Cybertruck, or 1 for the Cybertruck and one for the next gen vehicle.
Okay, fine.

But can you change back your profile pic? I'm confused af now ;) hi tittyyyyy

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

1673629055960.png
I do not even see all the parts needed for a single press, so you must be sniffing something great to see any parts for a second press. They have the 2 stationary platens and the moving platen. They have the 4 lg shafts (in crates) and at least 3 of the hinge pieces. I think they need more (maybe 6?) and they may be hiding somewhere. Then they need about 12 small shafts to mount the hinges to the stationary platens and the moving platen and we only 'see' 1 in the pic though we know there are at least 2 in here somewhere. All the rest is for the foundry. No second unit. That said it 'is' clear that they have a location for a second press.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How long did it take from installation of Giga Press to first production for model Y? Less than a year right?
9-10 months. It depends on what you consider production. They started receiving gigapress parts in mid January and the the first Model Ys were being built before the end of the year. We saw them driving around in that timeframe.
Sponsored