Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Check out Mexican Hat, UT. UT has a L3 Chargepoint charger nearby in both Bluff and Monticello, UT. Tesla Supercharger in Moab, UT (v3 and v2) and v2 in Blanding, UT. Very cool area for dark sky photography. You're also close to Monument Valley. Road trip!
The stars come out at night in Monument valley. Fantastic place.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss cabinview2

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss manumentcabin

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss cabinsnight
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It is amazing to me how so many people make judgments without any facts. This is a startup and the final product (due about the same time as the CT) is far from determined. Suggestions are good and I'm sure welcome and helpful ... premature criticism is frankly, stupid.
The fact is, they are accepting $500 for a render.

I’ve seen this happen with tons of startups on Kickstarter and it almost never ends well. This project is about 1000x more difficult than those kickstarters. I’d need a whole hell of a lot more than “they used to work at Tesla” to take this project seriously.

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag

I’ve seen this happen with tons of startups on Kickstarter and it almost never ends well. This project is about 1000x more difficult than those kickstarters. I’d need a whole hell of a lot more than “they used to work at Tesla” to take this project seriously.
I likely will not be able to afford their product so I’m not even bothering to reserve. I was burned pretty bad by some other crowdfunding ventures, and usually wait until the product comes to market now.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag

You do NOT know for certain if the Lightship in the videos is a render, an Alpha or Beta unit. Although they are accepting refundable $500 deposits, this isn't a Kickstarter campaign (always non-refundable contributions). Is this a risky deal? not if you wait until they actually start the road show with an actual Lightship that you can ask questions about, see touch and feel. You simply pulled your "facts" out of your ... well you know where.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You do NOT know for certain if the Lightship in the videos is a render, an Alpha or Beta unit. Although they are accepting refundable $500 deposits, this isn't a Kickstarter campaign (always non-refundable contributions). Is this a risky deal? not if you wait until they actually start the road show with an actual Lightship that you can ask questions about, see touch and feel. You simply pulled your "facts" out of your ... well you know where.
If they have a real product. Why do they put rendered images on their site?

This isn’t even good quality graphics here.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss 1678583681638

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Merely 2-3X the price, and with no accessory motor - but I’ve been in these and they’re pretty slick. 3,000W solar, 43kWh storage, LV1 charging. Money no object a good pairing for the CT

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss 1BE843E3-0584-4F43-9525-C2727A9F6233

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Take a dart board set. Throwaway the dartboard, keep the darts. Next, get a map that focuses on the upper midwest. Put it on a wall you don’t mind holes in.
Then, start throwing.

There’s your locations.
So far, I haven't found such a place.

So, where?

You said in the midwest... Just not finding this place a hundred miles from charging.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
So far, I haven't found such a place.

So, where?

You said in the midwest... Just not finding this place a hundred miles from charging.

-Crissa
Lol you aren’t looking hard enough. Big 259 mile gap between the interstates.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not only are the wheels too far forward(illegal in AU), but they placed the power points over the sink.

And that sure looks like a small basin in the toilet. lol

Really.. How to suck eggs 101. At least get some small things right. What are the odds from here ?

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss 1678627785463

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Where?

In the midwest?

Where you can camp?

-Crissa
Think he said he lives in Nebraska - there’s some of the most beautiful, and desolate, places left in the country there.

Places worth seeing on the Niobrara River, or deep in the Sand Hills, are easily 200 miles from I80

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
A cursory look at the supercharger map and there are plenty of places you can go that are out of towing range from a supercharger. Too many to list.

“The sky is blue”

“Prove it. Show me.”

“Step outside on a sunny day”

“I didn’t see blue skies”

“Did you look at the sky?

“No, I want you to prove it to me”

“……”

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, only technically in the mi
Think he said he lives in Nebraska - there’s some of the most beautiful, and desolate, places left in the country there.

Places worth seeing on the Niobrara River, or deep in the Sand Hills, are easily 200 miles from I80
Even the Sand Hills are less than a hundred miles from a Supercharger.

But he said charger. So without further ado...

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 9.01.31 AM

And how about places just to plug in for th night? This is just the top of what Google knows, generally there aremore if you zoom in.

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 9.03.01 AM

The thing is... Electricity is everywhere.

A cursory look at the supercharger map and there are plenty of places you can go that are out of towing range from a supercharger. Too many to list.

“The sky is blue”

“Prove it. Show me.”

“Step outside on a sunny day”

“I didn’t see blue skies”

“Did you look at the sky?

“No, I want you to prove it to me”

“……”
Or you could, I dunno, actually bother to step out and look.

But instead, you insist these places exist. When they don't, at least until you get into real terrain or towards Canada.

People have driven low-range EVs to even those places, too. If you're camping, what's another night?

-Crissa

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
So, only technically in the mi

Even the Sand Hills are less than a hundred miles from a Supercharger.

But he said charger. So without further ado...

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 9.01.31 AM.png

And how about places just to plug in for th night? This is just the top of what Google knows, generally there aremore if you zoom in.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 9.03.01 AM.png

The thing is... Electricity is everywhere.

-Crissa
Not a viable solution for traveling to or from. You’d have to add hours or a day to your trip just to charge. Be reasonable here.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not a viable solution for traveling to or from. You’d have to add hours or a day to your trip just to charge. Be reasonable here.
Yep.

Proven wrong and now it's... 'not viable'.

And you were saying I was moving goalposts, refusing to see the blue sky.

Well, make sure the sky is really blue when you point at it. It might be raining..

-Crissa
Sponsored