Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I hope the CT doesn't have a cigarette lighter socket. It may be convenient for legacy accessories but it's freaking ancient.
I want to feel like I'm in the future, not like I'm trying to dial in the AM radio to listen to FDR update me on those dastardly Germans.
You can deliver 48v over USB C just fine.
I'm okay with that, especially if you can get a USB C --> 12V ciggie adapter. Sounds a bit physically awkward though.

What I would like is some USB C connectors that can deliver enough wattage to charge my macbook pro.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'm okay with that, especially if you can get a USB C --> 12V ciggie adapter. Sounds a bit physically awkward though.

What I would like is some USB C connectors that can deliver enough wattage to charge my macbook pro.
How about they put in a house plug to have a cooler (like this) in the back passenger foot well.

Tesla Cybertruck 48v Battery for Cybertruck! cooler

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
How about they put in a house plug to have a cooler (like this) in the back passenger foot well.

cooler.jpg
I think a standard 110V outlet would be useful for sure. I work in my model Y sometimes and being able to charge my macbook properly would be excellent.

A cooler for drinks would be excellent, could it be cooled by a SpaceX cold gas thruster? 😜

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think a standard 110V outlet would be useful for sure. I work in my model Y sometimes and being able to charge my macbook properly would be excellent.

A cooler for drinks would be excellent, could it be cooled by a SpaceX cold gas thruster? 😜
Standard as per home power? Or standard as per most vehicles these days?

My 2014 Sienna has a few "standard" 110v outlets but they don't push enough juice to have a rice cooker cook some rice.

I know... "Juice" is not typically used in cooking rice.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Good thing I quit 12 years ago. :)

My first day as a non-smoker was 1/11/11. I celebrate that day every year.
If only you had waited 10 months...

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
USB-C EPR (the standard that goes up to 48V / 5A) would be a nice future-proofing touch.

A dedicated accessory tie in pad to the 48V battery main bus, at something like 80 or 100A peak would be even better.

But considering Tesla's ridiculous policy on using the vehicle as a stationary power source, I am not going to hold my breath for that one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
USB-C EPR (the standard that goes up to 48V / 5A) would be a nice future-proofing touch.

A dedicated accessory tie in pad to the 48V battery main bus, at something like 80 or 100A peak would be even better.

But considering Tesla's ridiculous policy on using the vehicle as a stationary power source, I am not going to hold my breath for that one.
Tesla has already said the truck will have 110v so I don’t think they are going to be super worried about 48v taps. In fact it is likely more efficient for a lot of things.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Standard as per home power? Or standard as per most vehicles these days?

My 2014 Sienna has a few "standard" 110v outlets but they don't push enough juice to have a rice cooker cook some rice.

I know... "Juice" is not typically used in cooking rice.
I want that sucker to run a hair dryer.

I need to look my best.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Re-watched the bit about 48v wiring and it’s much bigger than just the difference between wire sizes and voltage. They are replacing the entire wiring harness with a network and delivering the whole system of power and data in one wire. Each local controller talks to the network.

Huge change beyond just wire size. Wiring harnesses are expensive, difficult to install, hard to change, and difficult to troubleshoot. Their new ethernet based setup can be installed by robots, can be changed just by attaching a new endpoint, and they can plug into any part of the car and see where a problem is (essentially). Hopefully they open this up to hacking because the potential is massive.
I'll take a pOE vehicle! Old technology finally coming to vehicles.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I want that sucker to run a hair dryer.

I need to look my best.
With the hair dryer, you can put of a sail and boat mode becomes motorized. Careful not to drop your hair dryer.
Sponsored