Do not let them mislead you. I think the CT and big Tesla is NOT about Sustainability, but it is about Thrivability (e.g., on Mars and beyond).

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From sustainability to thrivability: A novel framework for entrepreneurial ecosystems | SpringerLink

Abstract
The present research proposes a theoretical framework for a thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem in which thrivability is a novel entrepreneurship approach that embeds a comprehensive view in which sustainability is ‘the way to walk’ rather than the goal to reach. A thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem aims to create prosperity through ecosystem resource (re)generation and transformation to define long-term economic goals. The framework is applied here to address the grand challenge of sustainable development in wineries. A local wine ecosystem in Italy is employed as a case study supported by mix-method-based, in-depth data collection (survey and interview). Results from the study support the idea that organizations can collaborate in a thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem as a unique entity respectful of nature, driving economic viability of both firms and territories by improving quality of life, and caring for natural resources and local communities. This novel entrepreneurial approach may represent a turning point for facing increasingly grand business challenges.

Conclusions
The entrepreneur ecosystem studies are recently embedding several issues in accordance with sectors and contextual claims. In this context, industries globally are facing increasing pressure to employ sustainable practices that consider issues such as natural resource use, energy saving and controlling sources of pollution. By considering the increasing attention on sustainable development goals at the ecosystem level, the present research proposes a theoretical framework for a thrivable entrepreneur ecosystem. Thrivability is defined as the act of thriving or prospering and this concept goes beyond mere survival and overcome the means of sustainability. In a holistic sense, thrivability is a novel entrepreneurship approach that aims to create prosperity through ecosystem resource (re)generation and transformation, defining long-term economic goals. Because of the grand challenges that companies are increasingly facing, a sustainable approach is sometimes not enough to overcome these issues; rather, a thrivable approach permits a radical change in entrepreneurship, stimulating regenerative life-centric growth.

I would say that ultimately, the bigger idea with Tesla is not for human to be sustainable on Earth, but thrivable in the Universe. I am right? Yes, I agree that we must be survivable on Earth "first", but the main long term goal is to thrive as humans in the Universe beyond Earth. What do you thing?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think you are right.... The overall Musk goal is Mars. Everything he has done is to develop technology needed for Mars and reduce the costs of Mars.
Boring company is for habitat creation.
Tesla is for the equipment needed. Transportation and energy infrastructure and labor. Tesla will do HVAC system. Expect it will include CO2 scrubber. Tesla will also do evtol. Electric flying machine will be needed on mars.
Space x is obvious. Starlink is communications.
Twitter is basis for Application X. Government and economy.
Nuerolink.... Medical? This area probably doesn't apply to Mars.
There is a food science hole in Musk portfolio. There should be a minimum input , high resilience food production method. Perhaps some algae as an emergency food source.... Something that can be brought online and produce within a week. Doesn't have to be tasty just nutrients. I expect Musk to start or aquire a non animal based complete nutrition company... This company will perfect it's tech by selling a very low cost nutrient cracker / bar for health nuts and possibly as emergency food for disasters and famines. It might even taste good.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think you are right.... The overall Musk goal is Mars. Everything he has done is to develop technology needed for Mars and reduce the costs of Mars.
Tesla is for the equipment needed. Transportation and energy infrastructure and labor. Tesla will do HVAC system. Expect it will include CO2 scrubber. Tesla will also do evtol. Electric flying machine will be needed on mars.
There is a food science hole in Musk portfolio. There should be a minimum input , high resilience food production method. Perhaps some algae as an emergency food source.... Something that can be brought online and produce within a week. Doesn't have to be tasty just nutrients. I expect Musk to start or aquire a non animal based complete nutrition company... This company will perfect it's tech by selling a very low cost nutrient cracker / bar for health nuts and possibly as emergency food for disasters and famines. It might even taste good.
You mean like Square Roots the hydroponic food growing his brother Kimbal does?

Neuralink is for exoskeleton suits based on Optimus for Martian visitors to earth...plus faster interface to IT, and medical enhancements, diagnosis and treatment.

I haven't seen a single thing he does that can't be put to good use on Mars. Even vehicles need to be Electric on Mars because combustion doesn't work for lack of oxygen. But none of the cars made so far will work there without an airlock etc.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it's that complicated. Elon's drive is for progress. Solving problems. He was a young man who made himself a pile of money and dumped into two things he loved: cars and spaceships. Both were industries that had become a bit stagnant. He researched what happened to GM's electric car, found it, and that lead him to Tesla. With all his work he hires the very best people and pushes them to push boundaries. Things that people think are impossible or a waste of money. I think travel to Mars is the goal that pushes Space X to innovate. If you don't dream big, you'll never achieve small things.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don't think it's that complicated. Elon's drive is for progress. Solving problems. He was a young man who made himself a pile of money and dumped into two things he loved: cars and spaceships. Both were industries that had become a bit stagnant. He researched what happened to GM's electric car, found it, and that lead him to Tesla. With all his work he hires the very best people and pushes them to push boundaries. Things that people think are impossible or a waste of money. I think travel to Mars is the goal that pushes Space X to innovate. If you don't dream big, you'll never achieve small things.
It's a fairly well known fact that EM is completely Mars focused. Many of his co-workers have said so, to the point it affects earth bound metrics and decisions.

For example one of his biggest issues is that he needs to fund Mars missions and resource deployment from earth. Starlink, especially V2 and beyond with a spin-off IPO are essential not only to fund those missions, but also so he can deploy the same network on Mars for planet wide comms. Twitter plugs into Starlink for earth infrastructure less comms, that even countries like Russsia or China can't shoot down faster than he can put them back up in orbit again. Let alone at lower cost, especially with Starship.

The good news is though is that being "sustainable" is a multiplanetary displine. So earth will benefit from the same developments too.

Besides you know why Mars is red right? It's because it's iron ore...and all Iron Man needs or wants. :)

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I will say my very first thought when Elon mentioned floating (im still very skeptical of this btw) was that it would be useful to make customers the beta testers for water resistance when the real purpose long term would be air tightness on the moon and mars.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
You mean like Square Roots the hydroponic food growing his brother Kimbal does?

Neuralink is for exoskeleton suits based on Optimus for Martian visitors to earth...plus faster interface to IT, and medical enhancements, diagnosis and treatment.

I haven't seen a single thing he does that can't be put to good use on Mars. Even vehicles need to be Electric on Mars because combustion doesn't work for lack of oxygen. But none of the cars made so far will work there without an airlock etc.
No cars just need to be sealed against fines intrusion. Occupants would need to wear a suit.. with onboard compressor CT might have a pressurized cabin. Of course you would still need oxygen mask but an airlock is not absolutely required.
I didn't know about Kimball venture... That is great... Oh wow it's vertical farming... Yes they plan on using it in on mars... They really should put it in a boring tunnel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Les and all, based on what I have seen so far, Elon is always thinking many years ahead. This is why he is successful most of the time. If you follow his tweets, Elon is extremely strategic. Yes, rockets will fail, but SpaxeX is still doing great.

As for your food science idea, you are correct. There seems to be a gap to fill from Tesla, however, the science is out there and Elon will not hesitate to purchase the required IP and special businesses to meet the needs for executing the Mars colonization mission. Perhaps this is why Tesla will slowly transform their EV charging stations into human focused feeding, resting and entertainment station "LABS" to be able to test new Tesla food products and ideas.

In addition, Tesla is now giving accessories more room into the business. Accessories for camping and various types of adventure (Baja racing, off roading, hunting, nature watching, and etc.) could all be good testing grounds for food science (e.g., dry army type food, crackers, bars), etc.

Of course, the first human colony (e.g., Mars) will have to be the ultimate sustainable city in the Solar system . By the time humans get there, the colony should be viable, even if no more spaceships return with additional supplies. Communication back to Earth should be able to cover the additional needs the colony could have. The big idea is sustainability++. "Thrivability" will take a new meaning. The Mars colony will need to thrive and grow, if it is to reach new sites in space and possibly create other new colonies. The light of human consciousness needs to thrive and expand as Elon is saying.

Another major element will be the Optimus bot. Optimus bots will be key to the Mars mission. They will have to do a lot of preparation and dangerous work before any humans go there. The human factors will need to be well managed. I can see a need to "work" link humans who plan on being Mars as future colonists to specific Optimus bot. Each human would experience and collaborate the Mars experience with a specific Optimus bot to both become familiar with the Mars colony. Some sort of human-machine collaboration and immersion will need to be created. A lot more will need to be done in this area to prepare humans to feel more confident about moving to Mars. This is all very fascinating. When a human reach Mars it will be able to meet the Optimus bot they were working with from Earth.

The future is bright indeed!

Tesla is going to Mars!

Tesla Cybertruck Do not let them mislead you.  I think the CT and big Tesla is NOT about Sustainability, but it is about Thrivability (e.g., on Mars and beyond). Tesla Playing Hockey with Tech

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will say my very first thought when Elon mentioned floating (I'm still very skeptical of this, btw) was that it would be useful to make customers the beta testers for water resistance when the real purpose long term would be air tightness on the moon and mars.
I am not sure I understand about ""floating". As for airtightness on the moon and Mars, I do not think the CT will have to be airtight, if humans are well suited. However, an airtight CT could be useful here on earth around flooding and small waterways. The vault should be water sealed, if you want to sleep in there or have stuff that needs to remain dry.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No cars just need to be sealed against fines intrusion. Occupants would need to wear a suit.. with onboard compressor CT might have a pressurized cabin. Of course you would still need oxygen mask but an airlock is not absolutely required.
I didn't know about Kimball venture... That is great... Oh wow it's vertical farming... Yes they plan on using it in on mars... They really should put it in a boring tunnel.
Atmospheric pressure on Mars is so low you blood will boil without a pressure suit or pressurized cabins. I also don't think anyone will fit through the door of a CT with a fully pressurized Mars suit on. Those things are fairly large with a helmet and life support needed to be carried around as well. Also the CT has the wrong gearing and motorisation for driving on unpaved roads, let alone the wrong tyres for the loose Mars soil. I don't think any CT will make it to Mars, there's just to many bits missing and unoptimized, just the freight to get it there would currently cost $540,000,000 with current rocket tech, and still $351,000 even with Starship.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Atmospheric pressure on Mars is so low you blood will boil without a pressure suit or pressurized cabins. I also don't think anyone will fit through the door of a CT with a fully pressurized Mars suit on. Those things are fairly large with a helmet and life support needed to be carried around as well. Also the CT has the wrong gearing and motorisation for driving on unpaved roads, let alone the wrong tyres for the loose Mars soil. I don't think any CT will make it to Mars, there's just to many bits missing and unoptimized, just the freight to get it there would currently cost $540,000,000 with current rocket tech, and still $351,000 even with Starship.
Perhaps a few CTs could be used if they use them with boring tunnel capability on Mars. They really should put them in a boring tunnel if it is not feasible to use them on the surface. And yes, I agree it is going to be very expensive, but could make the reusing of the CT (with small mods) inside Mars' presurised tunnels make it worth it? Noting that all/most the logistics for the CT and testing would have been done here on earth before deploying it to Mars.

Because of mining on Mars there might be a need to travel a fair amount of distance to get to various mining type sites from the Mars city mostly used by people.

As for me I hope this technology will allow CT users to go in water for short distances. Flooding here on earth seems to be becoming an increasing problem. It might be that this sort of "water resistant" (not waterproof) capability might be highly desired if not mandatory.

Last edited:

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
This all day!!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

So you are saying it perfect!

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
From sustainability to thrivability: A novel framework for entrepreneurial ecosystems | SpringerLink

Abstract
The present research proposes a theoretical framework for a thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem in which thrivability is a novel entrepreneurship approach that embeds a comprehensive view in which sustainability is ‘the way to walk’ rather than the goal to reach. A thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem aims to create prosperity through ecosystem resource (re)generation and transformation to define long-term economic goals. The framework is applied here to address the grand challenge of sustainable development in wineries. A local wine ecosystem in Italy is employed as a case study supported by mix-method-based, in-depth data collection (survey and interview). Results from the study support the idea that organizations can collaborate in a thrivable entrepreneurial ecosystem as a unique entity respectful of nature, driving economic viability of both firms and territories by improving quality of life, and caring for natural resources and local communities. This novel entrepreneurial approach may represent a turning point for facing increasingly grand business challenges.

Conclusions
The entrepreneur ecosystem studies are recently embedding several issues in accordance with sectors and contextual claims. In this context, industries globally are facing increasing pressure to employ sustainable practices that consider issues such as natural resource use, energy saving and controlling sources of pollution. By considering the increasing attention on sustainable development goals at the ecosystem level, the present research proposes a theoretical framework for a thrivable entrepreneur ecosystem. Thrivability is defined as the act of thriving or prospering and this concept goes beyond mere survival and overcome the means of sustainability. In a holistic sense, thrivability is a novel entrepreneurship approach that aims to create prosperity through ecosystem resource (re)generation and transformation, defining long-term economic goals. Because of the grand challenges that companies are increasingly facing, a sustainable approach is sometimes not enough to overcome these issues; rather, a thrivable approach permits a radical change in entrepreneurship, stimulating regenerative life-centric growth.

I would say that ultimately, the bigger idea with Tesla is not for human to be sustainable on Earth, but thrivable in the Universe. I am right? Yes, I agree that we must be survivable on Earth "first", but the main long term goal is to thrive as humans in the Universe beyond Earth. What do you thing?
Duh. Anyone who knows how electric vehicles are made knows it’s not “sustainable”. It’s an alternative to gasoline, but green and sustainable… nope.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Duh. Anyone who knows how electric vehicles are made knows it’s not “sustainable”. It’s an alternative to gasoline, but green and sustainable… nope.
Do you know the definition of sustainable? If so please cite it here. Thx.
Sponsored