FRANKLIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Occupation
CHEF
Country flag
Itā€™s been days since the release and all I can think about is the cybertruck.

I pre-ordered the single motor RWD but now I want the BEASTMODE to speed up the process cause 2025 ainā€™t cutting it fir meā€¦ I know 100K is nuts but fuck it lol

Talk to meā€¦ I want to know who pre-ordered and what do you think about the truck all around?
Sponsored

ChiTownCT

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I honestly thought that reveal couldnt have been worse for tesla.. But I went to see the CT in person for the first time here in chicago, and let me tell you it looks so damn good in person.. So sleek and just looks damn cool, I cant wait for my turn in the queue..

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I was second day reserve for tri-motor now Beast and still holding for that model. You must figure 100k plus options. In my case I want FSD assuming 12k (which they probably wonā€™t hold to the 7.5k when I reserved). With FL tax (7%) I am at circa 120k.

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
I too thought the reveal was terrible. So much better content and info with the reviews.
I ordered a dual motor in early April 2020. My est based on the calculators was 600-750k out but a Tesla rep told me he also order in April 2020 and his intel he was 300-400k in line.

Unfortunately I canā€™t justify the price of the tri or AWD even though I really want to. So I have told myself I will go for the single motor if it ends up working out. The way I look it though with production of the single starting at the earliest in 2025 (really 2026 with tesla estimate) plus my place in line. . .I am looking at 2027.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
2 perspectives:
#1. I ordered a truck in 2019 for $50,000, 4 years later they tell me due to inflation I have to pay an additional $30,000 - thats just crazy!

#2. Ever since I learned about a model S, I wanted one. So I bought $35,000 worth of Tesla stock. Years later it had grown enough for me to buy my S. Then I learned they were going to make a truck. Even better, Iā€™ve always driven a truck, so I waited. The stock grew more and the truck was unveiled again - a quieter and smoother ride than a model S, 4 doors with the utility of a truck - and it costs about the same as an S - whats not to love?

I hate the notion the price has gone up so much. But when I look at other EVs and non EV trucks or Sport Utility vehicles and try to compare all the features and the price tags, Iā€™m willing to pay the money and roll the dice that Tesla has made it right or will make it right if its not.

This truck is either revolutionary or we have all been hypnotized into the cult of Elon. Our friends thought we were crazy when we put $100 down, waited and waited, teased us after all the news stories they heard - it will never come to fruition. They will laugh at us when we tell them we bought it, shake their heads when they see it in our driveway, and after they ride in it, be embarrassed to admit what a brilliant decision we made.

Cybrtrk420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X, Tesla Model S
Country flag

I pre-ordered the single motor RWD but now I want the BEASTMODE to speed up the process cause 2025 ainā€™t cutting it fir meā€¦ I know 100K is nuts but fuck it lol

Talk to meā€¦ I want to know who pre-ordered and what do you think about the truck all around?
If you havenā€™t dreamt about Cybertruck at least 5 times in since Nov2019 then you arenā€™t thinking about it enough, just kidding! But getting a Beastmode will surely help you get up the queue but most likely you still wont get it before end of 2025 that too if you really get lucky

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My heart sank when I found out about the price (I reserved dual motor in 2019). Now, a few days later, I'm warming up to the idea of spending $80k on a car. You win, Elon. :poop:

Hurry up and draw my number already!
I think you have to consider it a win/win. Or else you are admitting you are no longer in control of your actions. That said, I can see how a vehicle as revolutionary as the Cybertruck could do that to people who normally have a responsible relationship with their spending habits.

Is it time for a Cybertruck Support Group for people who want the truck ASAP but for whom it would be financially unwise to purchase?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
ā€œNormalā€ reservation holders probably wonā€™t see AWD/Tri configuration e-mails until sometime in Q1 of 2024.

Tesla May bump up RWD production sooner or lower AWD/Tri prices if they find the reservation conversion rate is only 20% as predicted by some experts.

ƆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm buying! Here's a picture to stoke you some more!

Tesla Cybertruck Since the release all I can think about is the Cybertruck. šŸ¤” DSCF0268.JPG

This image is meant to show the fit and finish of the side from a critical angle, where they did an awesome job on this one. I was hoping the production ones would turn out more like this!

- ƆCIII

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
There's no way this complex machine, with all new tech doesn't have bugs and gremlins. Which will get ironed out later on. Just something to feed into your calculations.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag

Man I'm right there with you. I can't stop thinking about it and though the prices are fucking nuts, I pre-ordered tri-motor and that's what I'm sticking to. 4 years of waiting man that's, that's really done something to me. I want this so bad I can't back out. I don't even have the money for it given the fact I bought an MYP which put me currently 30k underwater, but I can't even think to buy a dual motor. Thank god the price isn't 110k I would've folded then.

I think of the truck like a type of website like Google: horrible front end but seriously badass backend, and though range sucks I can't believe I can have a semi-modular (and future upgradeable! Think solid state tech in 20 years) extension pack. That would fuck the bed length up a bit but I can always use a utility trailer, and powershare capability to power my house and maybe even a future log cabin omg say no more!

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag

Tell me about it, Iā€™m trying to figure out how to justify going for the CyberBeast as well, I may need a 2nd job/side hustle šŸ˜©.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I too thought the reveal was terrible. So much better content and info with the reviews.
I ordered a dual motor in early April 2020. My est based on the calculators was 600-750k out but a Tesla rep told me he also order in April 2020 and his intel he was 300-400k in line.

Unfortunately I canā€™t justify the price of the tri or AWD even though I really want to. So I have told myself I will go for the single motor if it ends up working out. The way I look it though with production of the single starting at the earliest in 2025 (really 2026 with tesla estimate) plus my place in line. . .I am looking at 2027.
Just lease a Tesla until then.
Sponsored