Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wellness Coach
Country flag
If the quad motor comes in at $79,999 sale price it could qualify for the $7500 credit. This could be made possible if FSD is an “after-market” app purchase or subscription arrangement. Any hope?
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Uh oh. Pricing thread.

Good luck.

My 2 cents, quad motor possible. Tri motor likely. If tri motor totally goes away then tesla will try harder to get quad under 80

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla quoted $70,000 for the Tri in 2019. Delivery late 21. https://www.businessinsider.com/tes...me-models-coming-sooner-than-expected-2019-12

I presume they would have allowed for some inflation. And even though 4680 may not be 100% perfected, they may have allowed for that. They are not stupid.

I believe the biggest cost of producing an EV is the cost of the battery, and its cost reduces every year.
It has been 1.5 years of theoretical battery cost reduction since the delay.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Didn’t Elon say quad motor would be happening? Has there been any update from Tesla since then saying anything different?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Didn’t Elon say quad motor would be happening? Has there been any update from Tesla since then saying anything different?
At least one datapoint: they also said Semi would be quad, but released as Tri saying they found quad was basically a step backwards

folks think that learning may translate to CT

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
At least one datapoint: they also said Semi would be quad, but released as Tri saying they found quad was basically a step backwards

folks think that learning may translate to CT
Oh OK.
Thanks for the reference on semi and people thinking may translate to CT.

My view is four motors was stated by the company and for performance reasons and that’s what the best performing truck EV out has (Rivian)and EM always wants to have the best product so unless we hear otherwise …, of course always the discussion of when that trim comes out, which I think it’s more murky.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Uh oh. Pricing thread.

Good luck.

My 2 cents, quad motor possible. Tri motor likely. If tri motor totally goes away then tesla will try harder to get quad under 80
Almost think the reverse. If the tri motor sticks around, it makes it easier for Tesla to launch a quad motor Plaid truck for $90k or something. If there is no Tri and the Quad is $90k+ a lot of potential buyers will drop out or switch to dual motor.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
IMO the only reason the quad motor was brought up was because of Rivian. No other tesla vehicle, including the semi have quad motors - all the high performance vehicles have a tri-motor configuration, which is more than sufficient (ie 3.8 sec 0-60, 500 mile range, 14 k towing capacity). I would be totally happy with the 3 motor version if it comes in under 80 K USD. What about all the other things that have been teased over the years like the cyberquad, solar roof, rear wheel assisted steering?

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
If the quad motor comes in at $79,999 sale price it could qualify for the $7500 credit. This could be made possible if FSD is an “after-market” app purchase or subscription arrangement. Any hope?
lol... there is no quad motor.