Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not when it’s pouring and you are blasting thru the woods 4 wheeling wide open and have to see all points of the front end. Maybe you are satisfied with a periscope but for a hundred grand I want to see everything
The wiper isn’t less effective than a typical truck wiper.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Real mirrors have the elegant quality of allowing your eyes to stay focused to infinity while your driving.
I am super-tired of this myth.

Not when it’s pouring and you are blasting thru the woods 4 wheeling wide open and have to see all points of the front end. Maybe you are satisfied with a periscope but for a hundred grand I want to see everything
A 100 grand would be a 45% increase in the price.

And not sure what part of the truck you'll need to see that's above the passenger sunshade.

-Crissa

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The only complaint you could move is that the wiper does not appear to go past 90° but a) this is still a pre-production vehicle b) the windshield is larger than that of any other truck, if anything the area that is cleared is greater.

Tesla Cybertruck Giga Windshield Wiper BAW closeup look 💧 FqL5RTaXsAEiQSy

Tesla Cybertruck Giga Windshield Wiper BAW closeup look 💧 f150windshield

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
I’m just going by what is not happening with the Cybertruck that was supposed to happen. Laser wipers. No rear view mirrors, the size is smaller, but said it would not be, not an exoskeleton but now it’s a frame. I reserved two tri motors but now they cancelled dual motors. Elon says shit and promises shit that he changes later. I believe it is going to be a boat anchor off roading in the mud. And suck the life out of the batteries too quick. I can go on or you could do some research on your own. Don’t be sad.
Thanks, I wasn't trying to be an A-hole, I am also not sad, I just wanted to know, I love my Tesla's but the truth comes out in pc's about these big companies :) I do, do my research, doesn't mean I will see everything you did or heard it all. I wish people could talk without saying things to get a rise out of people. I am a millionaire, it was all from research. ( not bragging ) Actually asking you about your truth is research.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon claims that he only speaks the truth ... as he sees it. His latest rants are trust nothing you see, hear, read except of course on Twitter, the finest source for information in the world.
Nah, Elon said trust nothing, not even nothing.
He would never suggest Twitter is free of bullshit. Just that it lets everyone bullshit equally instead of policing bullshit in a one sided way.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
Nah, Elon said trust nothing, not even nothing.
He would never suggest Twitter is free of bullshit. Just that it lets everyone bullshit equally instead of policing bullshit in a one sided way.
An unpoliced public forum is chaos (just ask the MOD's here). I know as I've attended many Thanksgiving dinners. :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m just going by what is not happening with the Cybertruck that was supposed to happen. Laser wipers.
Tesla never said there would be laser wipers.

No rear view mirrors,
This just in… Tesla must ship vehicles that comply with the law.

the size is smaller, but said it would not be,
Maybe a bit.

not an exoskeleton but now it’s a frame.
It is almost exactly what the original illustration showed. People have their own assumptions about what Musk meant by exoskeleton, but the original body images they showed are almost exactly the same as what we’ve seen.

I reserved two tri motors but now they cancelled dual motors.
Nothing has been cancelled yet.

Elon says shit and promises shit that he changes later. I believe it is going to be a boat anchor off roading in the mud. And suck the life out of the batteries too quick. I can go on or you could do some research on your own. Don’t be sad.

You are crying about what is largely a giant pile of rumors and your own assumptions. Most of this is either simply rumors or outright wrong.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yea, like in the 50's with the Cadillac.......if you complained about gas prices, you cant afford the car

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe. Tesla does not tend to gouge people on parts the way BMW tends to though.

For example air filter for my Model Y is $17. The HEPA filters are much more, but you get a bit more.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only complaint you could move is that the wiper does not appear to go past 90° but a) this is still a pre-production vehicle b) the windshield is larger than that of any other truck, if anything the area that is cleared is greater.

FqL5RTaXsAEiQSy.jpg

f150windshield.png
I think I saw a small angle pointing up top the right on the wiper arm....this should give the wiper added range by virtue of the pivot point in relation to the arm

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
An unpoliced public forum is chaos (just ask the MOD's here). I know as I've attended many Thanksgiving dinners. :)
I have more control with who I interact with on Twitter than I do here.

Means I am better able to self-moderate my experience.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There! Fixed it for you. 😉
Eyes aren't cameras. They have much finer control over focus - and need to, as they don't have the same breadth of focal space, either.

So your eyes are changing focus when you're looking at the car fifty feet away or a hundred yards away. And the stuff in your mirror will likely only be caught with one eye and be a completely different direction.

Yeah, some people who have trouble with near vision may feel more tired using screens over mirrors. But you were already reading the speedometer and signs and the flashing indicators and whatever else in the car.

You need to slow down and actually focus and see, not just assume you see. Because if you don't l you're likely to be that idiot who kills a cyclist by violating their right of way.

-Crissa

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
What I'm worried about is...
During the heaviest rain, that thing will have to be moving at 1000MPH. And it's heavy.
When it's flying one direction, then slams to a stop and moves back in the opposite direction, the gears will push themselves out of alignment. It seems like it needs to be exactly where it's supposed to be, something that doesn't happen very often with the wipers I see today. They get close, but not exact. Something's always a little off.
Sponsored