Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

• Total voters

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

What are the EV specific features that most excite you?

What are the Tesla specific features that most excite you?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

Bought it for my construction job although before the unveiling I was thinking about the 3 and even got a test ride. Best car I've ever driven hands down and I've driven a lot of cars. My favorite EV specific feature is probably the instant torque. My favorite Tesla specific feature is probably FSD. Even if its not 100% by the time I get the truck it will help drive me 150 km every day. I've known about Tesla since 2016 so I know a fair bit about them.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
This will be my first Tesla and first EV. I know a few people who have them and they love them. I’m going to need a new vehicle and we like having a pickup even though we have 3 kids. It’s a must to have the 4 doors.

I’m most excited to not have to worry about oil consumption issues (ahem GM). I’m just hopingproduction starts on time or sooner. My current truck is 2010 but only 105,000 for miles.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
First of both for me. I'm replacing a work truck with it to save on gas, reduce driving stress and because it's damn cool.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla? yes, yes, no

no gas (expensive, pollutes), having a massive battery for tools, food storage/ cooking, anything really. low maintenance, hopefully very long life vehicle

supercharger network, battery tech, USA made

OP
OP
Regenshire

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m most excited to not have to worry about oil consumption issues (ahem GM). I’m just hopingproduction starts on time or sooner. My current truck is 2010 but only 105,000 for miles.
This is one of the things that most excited me when I got my Model 3. I hate getting oil-changes, its always been something I have been bad at making the time to do with previous cars. I just don't think about it, and when I do its inconvenient.

Two years into ownership of my Model 3 the only "maintenance" I have done is purchasing a set of winter tires and having them and my all-seasons swapped out in the fall and spring.

OP
OP
Regenshire

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My favorite Tesla specific feature is probably FSD. Even if its not 100% by the time I get the truck it will help drive me 150 km every day. I've known about Tesla since 2016 so I know a fair bit about them.
I am excited to see how this progresses before the CyberTruck enters production. I currently have a Model 3 WITHOUT Autopilot or Self Driving as I couldn't justify the cost for either when I made the purchase as I do very little driving on the Freeways and do not have a commute. I did reserve Self Driving on the CyberTruck in case it finally starts progressing enough.

I would be elated if 7 years after purchase (after I have gotten lots of personal use out of it) I can let it start generating money as a taxi.

I am also very happy that Autopilot is now included as a standard feature on Tesla's, I feel a little left out when I do go on the freeway and don't have access to it.

OP
OP
Regenshire

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What are the EV specific features that most excite you? no gas (expensive, pollutes), having a massive battery for tools, food storage/ cooking, anything really. low maintenance, hopefully very long life vehicle

What are the Tesla specific features that most excite you? supercharger network, battery tech, USA made
I think the thing I like best about the No Gas is that the convenience of filling up in your own home and always having a "full tank" when you leave the house. The money savings is a nice cherry on top, but the day-to-day convenience is very nice.

The SuperCharger network is also a really nice feature for when you do road trips and long distance travel. I actually enjoy stopping and taking a 15 minute break to charge on long trips, I think it helps reduce fatigue by making take just a few minutes longer break then you might have done if you just had to fill up a gas tank.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Every time this poll is posted (as recently as a couple of weeks ago as I recall, the answer comes out about the same. 20 - 25% of respondents have never owned a Tesla.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I am excited to see how this progresses before the CyberTruck enters production. I currently have a Model 3 WITHOUT Autopilot or Self Driving as I couldn't justify the cost for either when I made the purchase as I do very little driving on the Freeways and do not have a commute. I did reserve Self Driving on the CyberTruck in case it finally starts progressing enough.

I would be elated if 7 years after purchase (after I have gotten lots of personal use out of it) I can let it start generating money as a taxi.

I am also very happy that Autopilot is now included as a standard feature on Tesla's, I feel a little left out when I do go on the freeway and don't have access to it.
I can justify the cost for FSD even if it stayed the same. The current features of autopilot/FSD is well worth $7000.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Was planning on getting a Model S or Model 3 when I retired several years ago. Unfortunately our retirement house build ran more than anticipated, so had to wait.

The wait will be well worth it. The Cybertruck is the perfect vehicle for us. We travel with our dogs a lot and they’ll ride comfortably in the back seats while our gear is safely locked in the vault.

The new factory will be close enough so that we can pick it up at the factory.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I have never owned or ridden in an electric car. However I've always been interested in them since seeing an EV-1. Living in California and paying crazy high Gas prices for over 20 years has always sparked my interest in electric vehicles. However I could never see the value of buying a new vehicle, let alone a new electric vehicle. Finally with the Cybertruck, I can see a cost of ownership that drives me to wanting to buy it. Plus a vehicle the size I need. EV specific features driving me are: better fuel cost per mile, no oil changes, no Smog inspections, no clutch or transmission, less maintenance and better for the environment. More specifically for a Tesla EV is: incredible torque and acceleration, made in USA, fantastic resale values, Best batterys for range and degradation, The Supercharger Network, Over the air updates, the safest cars in the world, buying from a company that is committed to improving their cars constantly, Getting a vehicle that is the cutting edge of future technology and not built by a company that is building a EV to keep up with regulations and their heart isn't into it.

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag

First of all. It's a Pickup, my business needs this type of vehicle.
Secondly, I was unsure if an EV would fit our needs until I rented a Model 3 for ten days. I understand the Model 3 isn't a truck. I was so impressed with the Tesla engineering that I placed our order for two CT on the day after the reveal.

Last edited:

JMF

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F-350 TritanV10 4X4 Lariat Super Duty Longbox, 2019 Dodge Eco diesel
Occupation
Concrete Finisher
Country flag

I've got friends and family members with Teslas and Leafs. Everybody wants me to try their vehicles but the truth is that I've been hooked since I first saw the Model S years ago. I've never owned anything but PickUp Trucks. I have no use for cars. I'm excited to see how this CyberTruck fits into my construction business and hopeful that it is all it's hyped up to be. I've ordered a TriMotor for myself and if all goes well I will fleet up with dual motors. Would like to see a contractor model that addresses Contractor needs.
Sponsored