Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

• Total voters

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
I'm kinda the opposite of many responses so far.

Been driving nothing but Tesla's last 6 years and loving every minute...but NEVER had a desire for a big truck... Until now.. and I'm actually more excited about the CT than any previous Tesla.

The great thing about Teslas is it's not any ONE thing that makes them great. It's the combo of incredible performance, amazing tech, massive cargo room and practicality, safety, no noise or air pollution, low maintenance & operation costs and killer looks.

Can't freaking wait!
Sponsored

K1200LT Rider

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Avalon, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500, 2002 Toyota 4Runner, 1999 BMW K1200LT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It will replace 2 of our vehicles (a '99 Dodge Ram that's getting flakey and my Avalon daily driver). Can't wait to downsize and simplify my life at the same time! Also looking forward to eventually selling power using V2G and having a whole-house power back-up. What a crazy-cool future.

TessyT

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2x Cybertruck 3m FSD (deposit)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This will be my fourth Tesla. I won't buy anything else.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

What are the EV specific features that most excite you?

What are the Tesla specific features that most excite you?
Apocalyptic vehicle or just plain Chicago driving.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
WOW, out of 190 responses so far, only 25 have owned a Tesla. Edmunds just put out a really good video on what they like about Tesla, that they think other manufactures should do. Maybe if anyone else knows of good video's that we Non Tesla owners should see, this would be a good place to post a link. Here's the Edmunds Video:

Gaston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This will be my first EV. I am replacing a 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 2WD Hemi. Went from a 5K lb trailer to a high profile 7K lb 26' camper that has my mileage down to < 8MPG. (20MPG no towing on hwy with fuel saver).

I caught some of the original CT unveiling at the time and thought the look and idea seemed goofy. Always a SpaceX superfan and saw Elon and Jay Leno driving the CT this week. While Jay's sleepy, unenthusiastic appearance didn't sell me, I started seeing an appreciation for the design and capability and began researching some more. Really think I will be ready for one of these ina year or so when available and put my deposit down. Looking to semi-retire in the next year.

Painfully going for the Tri-Motor with the higher range, although I would be more open to the dual motor version if higher battery capacity ends up being an option (and doesn't mean much later delivery for the dual motor version).

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
This will be my first EV. I am replacing a 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 2WD Hemi. Went from a 5K lb trailer to a high profile 7K lb 26' camper that has my mileage down to < 8MPG. (20MPG no towing on hwy with fuel saver).

I caught some of the original CT unveiling at the time and thought the look and idea seemed goofy. Always a SpaceX superfan and saw Elon and Jay Leno driving the CT this week. While Jay's sleepy, unenthusiastic appearance didn't sell me, I started seeing an appreciation for the design and capability and began researching some more. Really think I will be ready for one of these ina year or so when available and put my deposit down. Looking to semi-retire in the next year.

Painfully going for the Tri-Motor with the higher range, although I would be more open to the dual motor version if higher battery capacity ends up being an option (and doesn't mean much later delivery for the dual motor version).
That’s a great observation of Jay’s segment. He really didn’t seem to have much excitement, and didn’t make many comments about driving dynamics, or anything.

I was really hoping to see some more interaction with the truck, and more detail. Something tells me they intentionally left a lot out, so Tesla can unveil it at a later time.

Antonkn3

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I currently drive a DACIA DOKKER 2014 1.5 DCIas a service can and I Drive a MAN TGX 510 hp 35 Ton X-LION 2019 at work
Occupation
Truck driver in landskaping
Country flag
Hi frome Sweden and yeah this is my first Ev and Tesla here there are loads and loads of doge rams and f 150 rolling around. In town it might be hard to get a parking spot yeah. But usaly ppl that have trucks here at leaste leave on the country side. And like me i dont usaly spend time in citys that much i go shoping mabe 2-3 times a month but that is it and i work as a truck driver of a 35 ton truck. And who in there right mind would park an a Stainles steel monster in a garage anyway? what for ? You cant even key scratch it. And bird shit aingt going to leave a stain after you wash it of case it has no paint no More rust Diy ever.... ppl that want this truck is for work and practicalaty. Not show of at least not for me i orderd the tri motor but not for the speed or 0-100 kmh but for the atonomi. Over 800km on one charge. And if you ask me ppl at Tesla have misst something foundemental why not give the dualmotor the same or even bigger battery pack beacuse its more space then the tri. To give it even moore range mabe 900km or 1000km. And mabe only have the 0-100kmh time as the single motor. 6 sec. Or even 8 sec is still very good. For that size. And mabe sell that version for 59 990. Because frankly the Tri motor for me is to expensive. But again I need the range. What do you guys think ?

Antonkn3

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I currently drive a DACIA DOKKER 2014 1.5 DCIas a service can and I Drive a MAN TGX 510 hp 35 Ton X-LION 2019 at work
Occupation
Truck driver in landskaping
Country flag

Like I said in my post I think they have overlooked the ppl that need range and affordability ! Not speed or acceleration.

CYBRTRCK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Honda Insight, 2015 Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Country flag
In anticipation of my Cybertruck reservation plus critical manufacturing working thru the pandemic along with my employer installing 4 level 2 charging spots, I decided to get a starter EV and I'm quite happy.

It's a 2016 Chevy Spark EV LT2 with DCFC,
Luckily for me here in New York they added Maryland to the availability of this model in its last year of production as the drivetrain was made there. Meaning I was able to get this at a GM dealer with extended warranty off original lease with 11.5k miles

For a non Tesla EV the sub 3k pound 327lb ft Spark is quite a bit of fun and with my commute I can make the 80ish mile range off the 19kwh battery work for me with just level 1 home charge and level 2 work charge.

Also my awesome graphic designer Wife and her Cricut decked me out with some custom Cyber graphics, matching custom plate needs to be transfered over also from my little 2000 Honda Insight. Can't wait to have my efficiency in a bad ass full size non roller skate.

Tesla Cybertruck Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle? IMG_20200516_141051~2

Tesla Cybertruck Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle? IMG_20200515_184907

Tesla Cybertruck Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle? IMG_20200510_134812

Tesla Cybertruck Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle? IMG_20200510_134627

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
Cybertruck Trimotor will be my 4th EV. First was an 09 Prius that I had converted to a plug-in. Then a Chevy Volt. For the last 6.5 years have owned a Tesla Model S P85. Just keeps getting better.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
As I said in an earlier post here every time this poll gets posted the answer always comes back indicating that less than 20% of respondents currently own a Tesla. This really surprises me. I would think every enthusiastic Tesla owner would have ordered one based on his experiences with the car(s) he has currently. So perhaps that is what the poll is saying: that only a relatively small segment of Tesla owners are enthusiastic enough to want a CT. That answer doesn't really satisfy me.

jbrozenick

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi 2018 S5
Country flag
Currently driving an Audi S5 this will be my first EV. Cybertruck is the first EV I have ever actually wanted, the model S and X aren't so bad but I've never understood why car manufactures make EVs look so damn ugly. Every time I see a model 3 or Prius or Leaf I throw up in my mouth a little.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
As I said in an earlier post here every time this poll gets posted the answer always comes back indicating that less than 20% of respondents currently own a Tesla. This really surprises me. I would think every enthusiastic Tesla owner would have ordered one based on his experiences with the car(s) he has currently. So perhaps that is what the poll is saying: that only a relatively small segment of Tesla owners are enthusiastic enough to want a CT. That answer doesn't really satisfy me.
Not everyone can afford to add a car to the household just because a new one came out.

Perhaps they just don’t need or want a vehicle at this time. Maybe they’re waiting for the new roadster.

Maybe the Cybertruck doesn’t fill their needs. It’s exact what we need and I would never consider buying a truck in the past. I wouldn’t buy a truck from any current manufacture.
Sponsored