g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The show is called Automate.

Honestly, he actually said “next week” at one point as well. I was just so hesitant to say that right away on this forum cuz it just seemed too good to be true but it sounds like it could totally be the case.
He told me he was heading back to Austin tomorrow to work on it some more. He seemed pretty involved with its manufacturing.

I did ask as well if he knew if it would have a Ford Lightning style frunk and he was not aware of or couldn’t disclose that info
Idk. I know enough to be cautious about next week. But I’ll take it! More blacked out windows. They’re even tightening the opening into GA3 (Cybertruck GA) to cut off the visual a little more.
Thanks for sharing the show you’re at. I’ll go and obsess over that now haha

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I am working a booth at a trade show (Automate) this week and a manufacturing engineer from Tesla that’s been there ten years told me today that they will be starting production of Cybertruck early next month!!!
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Just know the start of production happens in fits and spurts. It a painful process and needs a lot of time to ramp to any kind of serious volume.

Still, it's good to hear that things are on track!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They do have to start making pre-production and production-validation models. And we've seen castings.

Each system will consume parts and they'll make lots of unfinished bodies before production-intent ones they need to test and get regulator approval with.

So yeah, we would expect that soon. Within weeks.

-Crissa

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Im really interested in finding out the size of the seats and overall interior volume.
I find the X seats to be ok but they are nowhere near the quality of an F150 Raptor for example and under bolstered for the performance

Flaskman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Exciting news.... Even though my reservation was from 6/22.

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
It's about right since Elon promised end of 3rd quarter start.

It will be a trickle at first while testing output of initial product lines while setting up other lines for mass production.

But starting, using the actual production lines (graduating from prototyping) is always good.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The start next week also aligns with the information I got as well. but this will just be to start running the first production startup to calibrate and fine tune the equipment. They usually don't get too many through the line very fast for the first month or so. A lot of adjustments to do on robots, placement, transfer equipment, etc. My factory does the same thing for new product introduction on our lines.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
He told me he was heading back to Austin tomorrow to work on it some more. He seemed pretty involved with its manufacturing.

I did ask as well if he knew if it would have a Ford Lightning style frunk and he was not aware of or couldn’t disclose that info
Hmmm, If I was an engineer working at Austin, I sure as hell would know if the Frunk is more Ford Lightning vs the Rivian.
Sponsored