Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That interior looks god awful for a 90+ truck. Got a feeling that with Tesla waiting so long to come out with a truck that looks like a cheap K car interior is going to cost them. Compared to the new GMC ev coming out in 24. Holy Smokes that thing looks awesome. Im probably going to cancel my last CT order and jump on the wait list for the GMC. That interior rocks. And I love the midgate.
It's very simple and clean, like Models 3 and Y (but unlike Models S and X), in sharp distinction from the crazily cluttered interiors of high-end pickups or luxury sedans. I like it, but I'll miss the stalks for turn signals, windshield wipers, etc. -- stalks are a very natural way to control functions, hard to confuse with other controls.
Sponsored

pvrochon

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota prius prime 2018
Occupation
Security guard
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

Watch almost anyone get into someone elses car that is a different height and one of the first things they usually do is adjust the steering wheel so they can see the instrument cluster through it. But, as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees, it blocks the display anyway. Just dumb.

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.
yea, but maybe a display could be placed further down the front dash so that it could be seen above the steering wheel.

pvrochon

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota prius prime 2018
Occupation
Security guard
Country flag
a small display could be installed in that large expanse of a front dash so that one could see it above the steering wheel, therefore making some use of that seemingly waste of a space.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
a small display could be installed in that large expanse of a front dash so that one could see it above the steering wheel, therefore making some use of that seemingly waste of a space.
Some of us have long enough legs and feet to utilize that space for them on long drives / rides. 😆🫣😆

Mulderfactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Long dash reminds me of my old French-fried-powered VW Beetle.

Dash is wasted space. No one will know you until they start delivering them. And people make videos and write reviews. The museum display version looked huge. Time will tell.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
It's physically impossible to see the front hood considering the hood and the windshield are on the same plane. Since you will always be below that plane, it's a given you won't be able to see the hood from anywher inside the truck.
I just got back from Ireland and I could not see the hood on my rental car. It made me realize how much I use being able to see the hood in my regular cars to adjust where I am on the road. Drove me a little nutso that my driving reference point was near the end of my arm length instead of a few arm lengths away.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Hopefully that is memory foam up on the dash. Could be a great place to catch a few winks once we have level 5 autonomy

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
this looks boring and cheap. Should have front dash view love it on my S. Also could utilize the big ass dash better...bronco has all kinds of mounting options. At least a HUD. I love the truck but this just really looks bad. I agree about the gmc.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
This shows the interior of the Cybertruck that was on display during the recent shareholder day at giga texas.

IMG_1173.jpeg

Cybertruck Interior Seats steering wheel.jpeg
That Dashboard looks the size of a playground. I’m hoping materials quality in final productions is much better. As of now this is making my R1T look like a keeper.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Fools rush in. Not this fool. Yesterday afternoon I did a google search for the word cybertruck. Technically I did a duckduckgo search but it was searching over the past day. I like to look too. Found a page 18 minutes old.. It had a picture of the interior of the Cyber Truck from the passenger side door. There was a middle seat. It was a nice picture. I should have grabbed it then because I cants finds it now. My thinking was, someone here will see it and post it up. I was disappointed when I opened this post up because I thought someone had posted it sigh........

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The amount of people surprised that the dash is long or that the interior design is minimalist, and they wanted a GMC styled interior instead, crack me up. It's not some kind of newfound revelation, this has been the case from day one.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
The amount of people surprised that the dash is long or that the interior design is minimalist, and they wanted a GMC styled interior instead, crack me up. It's not some kind of newfound revelation, this has been the case from day one.
That's not true.

There was one version that had the Model S/X screen behind the wheel.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is much better in the S than my Y.

The lack of phone chargers and narrowness of the seat worry me. Hoping it's the lens.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That's not true.

There was one version that had the Model S/X screen behind the wheel.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is much better in the S than my Y.

The lack of phone chargers and narrowness of the seat worry me. Hoping it's the lens.
S and X have minimalist interiors, the driver screen doesn't change that.

Phone chargers are behind the sliding cover.

CyberKeggy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a cybertruck.....yet!
Country flag
I dare someone to try and say these consoles are the same width as the CT pic

The console width is the width of the 3rd seat in the back

IMG_3964.jpeg

IMG_3963.jpeg
This makes me feel cramped just looking at it. Cybertruck looks, and will likely feel, much more open and bigger, even if it is physically smaller.

CyberKeggy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a cybertruck.....yet!
Country flag
seems pretty clearly to be either before or after the event, and before makes most sense

I wouldn’t guess that during the event there was a Ryder trailer parked in the middle of the event faraway

C61F57E8-BF89-4EF9-B8BC-A4F51CE78F99.jpeg

nor that 90% of non-employee attendees were wearing all black Tesla attire

7BB84EFE-954A-4D03-B872-7A746FA89C2C.jpeg
I was at the event. It could very well be 4:24 when it was taken. That mural of Cybertruck was being painted as we were there. It looks complete in this picture. Secondly, at 4:24, Elon was still speaking. Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that an employee hopped in and took a picture while everyone else was inside.
Sponsored