intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I am talking about the 110/220 outlets like in my Lightning . They are very handy.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
she’s back to driving the mazda 6 she’s had since we met. She loves the car, its a really pretty red, dead reliable and we’ve kept it around for the the same kids referenced above to drive once they are of age.

This is the intended replacement

IMG_3961.png
Your GF sounds interesting. She loves the Ford Mach-e, she loves the Mazda 6 and she is an early adopter of Fisker products. If I was not allowed to drive EV's, I would probably get a Mazda 6. But it's pretty easy to get my hands on excellent EV's. Did she reserve the Fisker One, the release version? IMO, very risky move since they are selling the car far, far below the cost to produce and releasing it without even basic features activated like cruise control. Most people I know who are familiar with the auto industry have already written Fisker off, let's hope they pull off a miracle!

She sounds like a very trusting person! I see massive technological and financial risk. I hope she's super-rich, can afford a long and frustrating experience, and keeps the Mazda 6 for backup transportation!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Hey, to anyone wondering about inductive phone chargers... found them!

Tesla Cybertruck 💬 Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show 1685033797625

I'm at work without any real graphic program so forgive my VERY crude arrows. If I'm not mistaken, my arrows point to the same inductive charger pair that is used by the Model Y. Directly aft of those two are two typical cup holders. I suspect the armrest lifts to present a large storage cubby.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
But, what is this little white square on the door?

Tesla Cybertruck 💬 Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show 1685034088021

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Okay... last one... the square panels on the A-pillars... Mirror hardware access for removal? Potential place for "side view camera monitors"?

Tesla Cybertruck 💬 Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show 1685034193624

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Hey, to anyone wondering about inductive phone chargers... found them!

1685033797625.png

I'm at work without any real graphic program so forgive my VERY crude arrows. If I'm not mistaken, my arrows point to the same inductive charger pair that is used by the Model Y. Directly aft of those two are two typical cup holders. I suspect the armrest lifts to present a large storage cubby.
yeahh i was going to remark on that.. lets place our iphones DIRECTLY in front of our drinks.. what could POSSIBLY go wrong there.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Okay... last one... the square panels on the A-pillars... Mirror hardware access for removal? Potential place for "side view camera monitors"?

1685034193624.png
@greggertruck mentioned they are speakers. Sideview with Tesla is on center screen. You can set up where on the screen you want them to display pretty easy

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Your GF sounds interesting. She loves the Ford Mach-e, she loves the Mazda 6 and she is an early adopter of Fisker products. If I was not allowed to drive EV's, I would probably get a Mazda 6. But it's pretty easy to get my hands on excellent EV's. Did she reserve the Fisker One, the release version? IMO, very risky move since they are selling the car far, far below the cost to produce and releasing it without even basic features activated like cruise control. Most people I know who are familiar with the auto industry have already written Fisker off, let's hope they pull off a miracle!

She sounds like a very trusting person! I see massive technological and financial risk. I hope she's super-rich, can afford a long and frustrating experience, and keeps the Mazda 6 for backup transportation!
I ordered the fisker. She bought the mach e after the model Y I ordered for her was plagued with issues and was traded in for the mustang. We both found it was superior to the Y in ride quality. She doesn’t like the sickening feel of a fast ev so the fact that its a little slower than a comparable Y didn’t matter at all to her.
tbh ive ordered so many evs at this point that I dont remember the trim I opted for. Msrp was in the $60k range IIRC.
other stuff I have deposits on with her in mind:
Lucid Air Pure although I should cancel that as we finally sat in one at a showroom and she didn’t like how long it was and I had to tilt my head getting in which I can’t stand.

Chevy Blazer. This is the one she finds most attractive and I kinda like it myself.

My belief is that by 2030 most any ev sold today will seem obsolete so its not like we’re picking out a forever car for her at this point.

her favorite thing about the mazda is that its not been to a shop since new for anything other than the most basic of services, it handles much better than the typical midsize sedan, isnt nearly as common as a camry, accord or tesla quite frankly and the heads up display is perfect for the way she sits in it.

the vehicle she wishes she had was the Rivian R1S. I reserved an R1T basically the moment I came across a display of the frame and drive units at some conference. I took delivery at the original price but they had jacked the prices up so much on them that i felt compelled to flip it. She was astounded by the quality of the interior, I was in love with the handling and performance. Had I ordered the R1S instead, she wouldn’t even consider getting something else. Two of our friends have them now and she sends me pics but im not paying that much for one and she likely wouldn’t want to. If I went and did it without her permission anyway, I know she wouldn’t turn it down lol

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
yeahh i was going to remark on that.. lets place our iphones DIRECTLY in front of our drinks.. what could POSSIBLY go wrong there.
My Pixel is water resistant enough that it can handle a splash... LOL I haven't spilled a drink in a vehicle in probably 30 years so I don't mind. I don't pick up my phone while driving so it doesn't really matter where it is in the vehicle to me.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

1685034193624.png
Air bags. Also a second one above the window. Take a look at any modern car pillars and you will see smaller plastic covers for air bags in the same spots.