Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
What ever the CT end up being, I love it. I already love it since 2019. Still waiting for it. My ultimate vehicle.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The size of that dash has been long known and visible from the outside. Including, yes, views from the outside looking 'into' the truck - eg, standing outside with the door open.

But this leaked photo is the first time people are seeing it from the driver's prerogative. And, from somone who took the photo with the wide-angle ratcheted up to capture the whole dash landscape, but as a result emphasizing the field of view distortions - making the dash look like it stretches towards infinity.

So I can, to that limited extent, see how folks are maybe for the first time really absorbing the view from the cockpit.

I personally don't mind the big dash, aesthetically - and dont empathize with it being a deal breaker, or a surprise.

That said, this thread also evidences that there are people who for some bizarre reason thought that the design entailed the driver sitting over the front wheels looking down the nose of the truck, like a VW van. So no doubt, there is a subgroup of folks for whom the realities of the design are finaly clicking for the first time.

Which is ... surprising, I agree.
The massive dash has been apparent since the first real view after the reveal day. But what is still unknown and which I am really curious about every time I see that incredibly massive dashboard... how far under that dashboard does the frunk go?! I hope it goes all the way! That would equate to an absolutely massive frunk. TWSS!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
More importantly.. lets analyze the attire to compare the interior photo to this one. Both wearing skinny pants. One blue, one tan. Both wafer thin. One wearing blue vans, the other wearing black shoes with leather laces. Could be the same! But I bet all the engineers and forward facing employees at Tesla are equal levels of wafer thin hipster nerds. Inconclusive to claim its the same employee! ;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
More importantly.. lets analyze the attire to compare the interior photo to this one. Both wearing skinny pants. One blue, one tan. Both wafer thin. One wearing blue vans, the other wearing black shoes with leather laces. Could be the same! But I bet all the engineers and forward facing employees at Tesla are equal levels of wafer thin hipster nerds. Inconclusive to claim its the same employee! ;)
The guy in this picture works for the Peterson Museum not Tesla.

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Can any of you sleuths tell if there are perforations in that driver seat indicating that it might be ventilated?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You're saying that because...

...Reasons?

That doesn't look like a flip-up console with a hidden seat, but that doesn't mean the inside is weirdly narrow.

-Crissa
I am betting they have a 6 seat add on option. My ford range even has a fold up seat in the middle of the console. It would be an a simple thing they could easily do.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

Watch almost anyone get into someone elses car that is a different height and one of the first things they usually do is adjust the steering wheel so they can see the instrument cluster through it. But, as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees, it blocks the display anyway. Just dumb.

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.
Having taken traffic engineering coarses I can tell you that driver reaction times are 99% of what matters on the road. and they measure them in hundredths of a second. The further you have to look or the more complicated it is to find information increases the reaction time.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Thats a wireless charging pad or a place for a purse, unless introducing knees to a forehead is Elon’s idea of a party
The fact that they left it so open and rugged in front of the center console gives me hope for a 6th seat.