What is your biggest Cybertruck question you'd like answered by Tesla before committing to purchase?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think tradesman, service companies, delivery companies, etc. are going to flock to this thing once they realize they can eliminate oil changes, fluid and belt changes, frequent brake jobs, no spark plugs, no emissions or gasoline, extremely durable SS body, etc.

Tesla needs to market a commercial version with no rear seat, vinyl seats and floor coverings and steel wheels at a lower price point in the very near future.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Will the CyberTruck come with a solid state battery?
Or, use a Lithium-Graphene battery?
How about a "glass" battery?

Last edited:

Jumpedupchuck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru, Mustang
Occupation
Film Producer
Country flag
What is the number one question you have about Cybertruck that could influence your purchase decision depending on the answer you get from Tesla (or Musk)?
I would like to know how the CT's air suspension system will handle sustained frigid temperatures (Canada/Northern U.S.)? Dodge has had mixed results with a similar setup on their Ram trucks.
What is the number one question you have about Cybertruck that could influence your purchase decision depending on the answer you get from Tesla (or Musk)?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Not a deal breaker for me, but I was also thinking of the air suspension. Since it's a fairly new system (for being mainstream) in cars, I'd want to know how long the air suspension is covered under the warranty. Moreso about the air suspension, I was curious if they're going to have it programmable such that it automatically lowers when you park, and then rises back to a preset height once you start driving somewhere again. I would expect they're also going to have the air suspension controllable from the Tesla app as well.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Not a deal breaker for me, but I was also thinking of the air suspension. Since it's a fairly new system in cars, I'd want to know how long the air suspension is covered under the warranty. Moreso about the air suspension, I was curious if they're going to have it programmable such that it automatically lowers when you park, and then rises back to a preset height once you start driving somewhere again. I would expect they're also going to have the air suspension controllable from the Tesla app as well.
New? Air suspension has been being installed from the factory onto vehicles for roughly 60 years. My 05 land rover Has a feature to lower it when parked automatically, they call it "Entry height" mode. You switch it on or off through an in dash menu. Usually warranty's cover certain aspects of the air suspension. Air struts for example are considered a wear item.

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
What's the largest USB drive you could attach to the vehicle? I'm thinking of something that could record a lot of data.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
This is a big one for me. I'm really excited and hopeful about V2G, I think it's a great alternative to a gas peaker plant. My other question is about modularity. How difficult might it be to add another motor, change out the battery pack to a bigger one, etc.? When my reservation comes up, might I be able to upgrade to a 2 motor without losing my place in line?
you can upgrade to the 2 or 3 motor anytime without fear of losing your
Place. Just go into your account and make the change. Your RN will stay the same and you will be fine. Don’t worry so much about order. Elon has it under control. ??

Jbuff1031

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Sales
Country flag
Living close to the beach, my concern is surface rust on the stain “less” steal. I’ve sold stainless equipment locally, and after 6 months, there is surface rust on the units. Given it isn’t high grade on the products I sell, it’s still a concern.

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
Please make the CyberTruck with the capability of bi-directional charging to augment my solar panel system. I live in New Orleans and our susceptibility to extended utility outages is significant.

Gaston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If I can upgrade the battery capacity of a dual motor model to that of the Tri Motor model

Planned availability of charging stations to handle CT + trailer.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Two questions about the self driving.

If, when the time comes, I opt for the FSD (which I didn't specify on my reservation order), will I pay the "then" price -- or the extra thou?

Will there be some sort of "partial" self driving as a standard feature?
I would change your order to FSD before July 1st or you will most likely pay the higher price. That is part of the reason I put my preorder in. I think you can manage your orders on the site and add it.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm talking about this... Part of it looks stamped on the inside. If I'm not mistaken, both Elon and Sandy said stamping 30X stainless isn't going to happen.

tesla-cybertuck-exos.jpg
I'm not sure a unibody stamping is either safe, or repairable. Looks cute, but what happens after the fenderbender, or a head on collision?

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TOWING is the biggest question. I have a 8000 lbs trailer and I want to know the range of towing for a trimotor
Maybe 200 miles... for your huge trailer. Remember 3 hours (or less) trailering may mean 3 hours charging to 80 %. Still want it?
Sponsored