Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
So i love Austin and was wondering if anyone has done factory pick up with other models. I would love top fly in and pick up my truck then drive it from Texas to SC with my son who will be 13 or 14 depending on the delivery times . We would eat some BBQ tour the factory , and learn how to use the truck all on a cool road trip. Any thoughts or any pone have a similar idea?
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
So i love Austin and was wondering if anyone has done factory pick up with other models. I would love top fly in and pick up my truck then drive it from Texas to SC with my son who will be 13 or 14 depending on the delivery times . We would eat some BBQ tour the factory , and learn how to use the truck all on a cool road trip. Any thoughts or any pone have a similar idea?
My thought exactly. We'd drop by Coopers to get the real deal in Texas BBQ, check in to see local friends, and head back to the bay area, maybe hit some offroading spots along the way.

OP
OP

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
you like Coopers? Never had that one i personally like them all but some are better than others.

Royce

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Country flag
you like Coopers? Never had that one i personally like them all but some are better than others.
Each of the Coopers is a little different. My personal favorite is Kreuz’s in Lockhart.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
People have certainly picked up their Teslas at the Freemont location but then it is legal for Tesla to sell cars in California while it isn't in Texas. Who knows what will be in place by the time deliveries start.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Each of the Coopers is a little different. My personal favorite is Kreuz’s in Lockhart.
That is true. If I am going to be there a couple days I’d go to the one in Llano because it has a great variety and we could hike the rocks. But around Rock is the only other one I have been to. How many are there? I only know this tiny bit because I had a friend that lived in Austin and I would visit.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Hmm... 837 mile road trip... That might actually be fun.

Royce

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Country flag
That is true. If I am going to be there a couple days I’d go to the one in Llano because it has a great variety and we could hike the rocks. But around Rock is the only other one I have been to. How many are there? I only know this tiny bit because I had a friend that lived in Austin and I would visit.
There are 7 locations: Llano, Mason, New Braunfels, Ft. Worth, Austin, CollEge Station & Katy. The 1 in Mason isn’t part of the franchise, but it & the Llano locations are the original ones.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There are 7 locations: Llano, Mason, New Braunfels, Ft. Worth, Austin, CollEge Station & Katy. The 1 in Mason isn’t part of the franchise, but it & the Llano locations are the original ones.
No Round Rock anymore or is it one of these around Austin (obviously not Llano, College Station, or Fort Worth, I am not familiar with the other locations)? The guy we met in Round Rock said he was in the family but not part of the family (somehow). The BBQ was still incredible. I just looked it up and it is still there. Anyway, we got off track.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, I hope to do the same. Fly in, perhaps a factory tour. Spend a couple or more days get familiar with CT, then a meandering road trip home.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
We did factory pickup of oour Model 3 at the Fremont factory but it is just across the bay from us so we bought in California and picked up in California. I am sure that you meant to ask how many have bought in one state and picked up at a factory in another state, right?
Sponsored