Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Man, you guys are brutal. Payback will be a B. when he comes back telling us about his lightening in the driveway and we are sucking our thumbs two years down the road still waiting for an update.
I reserved for a CT on day 1. Hoped they would have made a more practical truck. Now that the real specs are coming out, its kind of a toss up compared to the Lightning on payload, towing, battery size, and overall capabilities. The Lightning has an overall larger bed (although slightly shorter), larger rear cargo rea, larger frunk, and takes standard truck accessories from hundreds of vendors. It drives great. Has enough range for my local diving needs since I don't road trip it. Tows fantastic (within the range limitations all EV trucks will have).

Meanwhile I have been driving the Lightning for over a year. Love it. Paid sticker at$46,900 for the "Pro" (lowest trim version) which is still fantastic.

5 days until the First CT's are delivered. How long until they get to my reservation at number 32,000?

Will the CT be good enough to make me switch when I can finally get one? Probably not. The Ford is a whole lot better than I expected it would be.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved for a CT on day 1. Hoped they would have made a more practical truck. Now that the real specs are coming out, its kind of a toss up compared to the Lightning on payload, towing, battery size, and overall capabilities. The Lightning has an overall larger bed (although slightly shorter), larger rear cargo rea, larger frunk, and takes standard truck accessories from hundreds of vendors. It drives great. Has enough range for my local diving needs since I don't road trip it. Tows fantastic (within the range limitations all EV trucks will have).

Meanwhile I have been driving the Lightning for over a year. Love it. Paid sticker at$46,900 for the "Pro" (lowest trim version) which is still fantastic.

5 days until the First CT's are delivered. How long until they get to my reservation at number 32,000?

Will the CT be good enough to make me switch when I can finally get one? Probably not. The Ford is a whole lot better than I expected it would be.
Good for you and glad it's worked out so far. I have seen the CT in person in San Diego. It's over the top in design.. I am a day #2 reservation, I can hardly wait for my test drive and pricing.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

I am in your shoes as well. To be frank, out of all my reservations, Lightning was in the bottom of my wishlist. Just made the reservation because the wife liked the visibility out of an ICE F150 on a test drive once. And I did like the space in back seat. I am surprised how much I like it. At this point range/price of CT needs to be very good or Lightning needs to let me down big time with reliability or fast charging on long trips after Tesla network opens for me to pull the trigger with CT (unless a mid-gate or something super cool is revealed in a week). I am thinking my next EV is likely something like an efficient station wagon if someone makes one. Until my wifeā€™s ICE dies, I donā€™t have to buy anything.

Last edited:

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
I feel for the author. Instead of purchasing a new pickup as planned in 2019, I ordered a CT on what would be considered folly by most understanding how Tesla overpromises and under delivers. A 3/4 ton Duramax could be had at discount for 55k in 2019. That same pickup sells for 90k today. Now, rumor is that the CT available for delivery is not capable of 3500 payload or 14000 towing. I will still purchase, but I will be treating it like a rented mule. And those stupid hub caps are coming off quicker than a prom dress. Really!? Hubcaps on a pickup?

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3...And one day my Cyber Truck!!!!!!!
Occupation
SVP
Country flag
I'm headed that way only b/c of Elon's erratic behavior and beliefs he spreads online. I have a LOW reso number. Too bad I can't sell it.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I'm headed that way only b/c of Elon's erratic behavior and beliefs he spreads online. I have a LOW reso number. Too bad I can't sell it.
Ok, so let me ask this question. What company(ies) do you do business with where you like everything that everyone in the company does and/or believes?

Iā€™m going to assert that this is quite a bit about our not very limited visibility of all that surrounds EM, and how little visibility we have into most other companies and their leaders. There are people everywhere in every company with someone doing something you might not approve of. Are you ready to write them ALL off?

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, so let me ask this question. What company(ies) do you do business with where you like everything that everyone in the company does and/or believes?

Iā€™m going to assert that this is quite a bit about our not very limited visibility of all that surrounds EM, and how little visibility we have into most other companies and their leaders. There are people everywhere in every company with someone doing something you might not approve of. Are you ready to write them ALL off?
Pilotpete with the brutal takedown šŸ˜†

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

If you buy it and keep it for a year, you can sell it.

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
If you compare the Ford to the Chevy, it is no contest. Chevy by a mile. C&D, R&T, and many more have done side-by-sides and the WT4 creams the Ford. More range, more room, etc. The Ford is a conversion of the existing F-150, the Chevy is a new EV from the ground up. GM makes its own batteries, Ford's are made by the Chinese. If anything will compete with the CT, it will be the E Silverado. Unfortunately, GM burned its cash horde during the strike and can no longer afford to build its new EV plant. But Tesla is not exactly machine gunning CT's out the door ...

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
If you compare the Ford to the Chevy, it is no contest. Chevy by a mile. C&D, R&T, and many more have done side-by-sides and the WT4 creams the Ford. More range, more room, etc. The Ford is a conversion of the existing F-150, the Chevy is a new EV from the ground up. GM makes its own batteries, Ford's are made by the Chinese. If anything will compete with the CT, it will be the E Silverado. Unfortunately, GM burned its cash horde during the strike and can no longer afford to build its new EV plant. But Tesla is not exactly machine gunning CT's out the door ...
GM does not make its own batteries. They're made by LG, which is a South Korean company, in the US. Lightning uses SK batteries, also a South Korean company and also made in the US.
Sponsored