CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I know the price is painful but look at the direct competition in the price range. Not EV but ICE. The CT and CBeast crush the TRX and Raptor R and the CT does it for $10k-$30k LESS. The CBeast is in a separate galaxy compared to those.

So in the $40k truck market it might make a lot of people mad but in the >$75k sport/baja truck market it dominates. It's going to steal those sales without a doubt.

I was actually in the market for the TRX but was ready to go electric and waited. Tesla gets my money. A year from now tell us how you feel about giving up a day-one reservation because Tesla didn't give you your dream $60k truck that towed 14k and drove 500 miles.
Keeping mine! The AWD with range lower than I wanted, will suit what I need 95% of the time. Truck capabilities with almost SUV feel. Will consider the range extender. I am stoked! Price sucks for many and is my far reaches, but I have been saving and preparing, and there is no other EV truck I would want

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I'm keeping mine, even if I have to use savings a little to offset cost for a Beast version.

To those who were complaining about the long wait and now are having second thoughts, what have you been doing with your money the last four years??

I once posted on a thread complaining about the long wait, that the extra time is a blessing because it gives time to prepare for the purchase financially.

I'm in the category seeing it as an awesome vehicle, worth the money, but possibly built too awesome for some who cannot comprehend the long term ownership experience.

I've had my Model 3 Performance five years now. It was 80 percent as expensive back then as a Beast Cybertruck is today, but now it's paid for and giving nothing but a super driving experience with an ultra low cost of ownership, driving still better than anything else brand new today. I'm so glad I went through with that purchase.

What happens to those who cancel and are hating themselves four years on after having a more mundane driving experience and more costs with something else?

Now for those who think it's simply not worth it, I'll remind you of the best materials and technology in the truck, as well as the fact that money isn't worth what it used to be four years ago and that is across all sectors and not anything to do with Tesla at all.

You do you, but I would watch out for missed opportunities likely being painful long term. Nothing good in life comes easy, but legacy auto has conditioned many for the mundane and easy.

When you start seeing more Cybertrucks on the road and hearing testimonials, I hope you will not be one of those who 'burnt that bridge' and has to start regretting it.

- ƆCIII
I'm the dumbass impatient one that bought an myp in 2022 and am now 30k underwater. Cybertruck can float right?

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Wondering if I should jump at upgrading to universal powerwall powershare now or you guys reckon wait? I don't wanna be supply constrained again.

satadioz

First Name
Alessandro F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS and VW Golf VII 2017
Occupation
Broadcast engineer
Country flag
Hi, Iā€˜m from Switzerland and I placed a redervation about 3 hours after the original unveil event.

Below I did some calculations based on Model S pricing in USA and SUI (Switzerland).

The only tesla that is sold in europe and usa and itā€˜s made in USA seems to be the Model S

USA Model S
USD74ā€™990.00 = CHF65ā€™644.00

SUI Model S
CHF 84ā€™900.00

Fron USA Model S to SUI Model S = +30%

*Hypotetically*!!

Cybertruck Rear-Wheel Drive
USD60ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF69ā€™396.00*

Cybertruck All-Wheel Drive
USD79ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF91ā€™015.00*

Cyberbeast
USD 99ā€™990.00+30%
*CHF113ā€™772.00*

Now I reserved the Trimotor, which seems to be the Cyberbeast. If I would buy it I would migrate to the All-Wheel Drive version. My decision in a nutshell:

I will not order my cybertruck because:

- Actual range is way far off the promised one, and no, I will not put that heavy, bulky ā€žrange extenderā€œ on the bedā€¦

- Extreme price increase

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Iā€™m predicting that there are people whoā€™ve seen all the prototypes driving around that never considered buying one or believed it would never exist who happily put their $250 down to reserve one today.
I want some of whatever youā€™re smoking.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
For those hating price increases, what would you expect even after a 'normal' four years (which we certainly haven't had), let alone the past four years of high inflation? Bitch all you want, but make sure you place the blame where it truly belongs, which is not on Tesla. They're just maintaining standards of quality and technology they set out to build while they've had to endure increased costs on everything while developing the Cybertruck.

You always have lesser alternatives and legacy auto vultures are waiting.

- ƆCIII
Lol

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
So in the $40k truck market it might make a lot of people mad but in the >$75k sport/baja truck market it dominates.
I think a problem is that the >$75k sport/baja truck market isn't all that big. Hard to sell people trucks when they don't have the money.

ƆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm the dumbass impatient one that bought an myp in 2022 and am now 30k underwater. Cybertruck can float right?
Since decades of ICE, cars have been investments. Most people are still financially 'underwater' one year after a car purchase, especially if buying one nice as a MYP. But if you're unable to look past that to payoff and cheaper cost of ownership long term, then there's nothing anyone can do for you and you might 'impatient' indeed.

- ƆCIII

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I'm keeping mine, even if I have to use savings a little to offset cost for a Beast version.

To those who were complaining about the long wait and now are having second thoughts, what have you been doing with your money the last four years??

I once posted on a thread complaining about the long wait, that the extra time is a blessing because it gives time to prepare for the purchase financially.

I'm in the category seeing it as an awesome vehicle, worth the money, but possibly built too awesome for some who cannot comprehend the long term ownership experience.

I've had my Model 3 Performance five years now. It was 80 percent as expensive back then as a Beast Cybertruck is today, but now it's paid for and giving nothing but a super driving experience with an ultra low cost of ownership, driving still better than anything else brand new today. I'm so glad I went through with that purchase.

What happens to those who cancel and are hating themselves four years on after having a more mundane driving experience and more costs with something else?

Now for those who think it's simply not worth it, I'll remind you of the best materials and technology in the truck, as well as the fact that money isn't worth what it used to be four years ago and that is across all sectors and not anything to do with Tesla at all.

You do you, but I would watch out for missed opportunities likely being painful long term. Nothing good in life comes easy, but legacy auto has conditioned many for the mundane and easy.

When you start seeing more Cybertrucks on the road and hearing testimonials, I hope you will not be one of those who 'burnt that bridge' and has to start regretting it.

- ƆCIII
Yeah Iā€™m torn between the Dual AWD and CyberBeast. I think getting the Dual with premium wheels etc makes more sense, sadly I donā€™t qualify for the tax credit. Since I own the Model Y LR I kind of regret not getting the performance version and feel like Iā€™ll have FOMO if I donā€™t splurge on the CyberBeast šŸ˜¬.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Since decades of ICE, cars have been investments. Most people are still financially 'underwater' one year after a car purchase, especially if buying one nice as a MYP. But if you're unable to look past that to payoff and cheaper cost of ownership long term, then there's nothing anyone can do for you and you might 'impatient' indeed.

- ƆCIII
So wrong. There are only a small percentage of people who can afford the top end trucks. As Iā€™ve heard if you lower the price by a certain amount you attract a bigger pool of buyers. The Beast is off the mark. Sure if the range was included in the 100k but it is not.
I have a great job and have been saving but Iā€™ll just get the dual motor and be ok. For an extra 20k no way the top mode is worth it to a lot of people.

ƆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah Iā€™m torn between the Dual AWD and CyberBeast. I think getting the Dual with premium wheels etc makes more sense, sadly I donā€™t qualify for the tax credit. Since I own the Model Y LR I kind of regret not getting the performance version and feel like Iā€™ll have FOMO if I donā€™t splurge on the CyberBeast šŸ˜¬.
I can relate. I had to 'scrape' from other areas for the $15K premium in choosing the Performance Model 3, but now I'm very glad I did. But I will experience the same feelings again when adding an additional $20K for the Beast, and I think after four to six years it will still be well worth it again.

On the 'front end' or beginning, six years seems like a long time, but on the 'back end' or afterward, those years passed by more quickly than one realized. The Cybertruck will still be 'new' with only a small fraction of its life used and many more years of enjoyment if one takes care and doesn't abuse it while paying it off. My 2Ā¢.

- ƆCIII

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I can relate. I had to 'scrape' from other areas for the $15K premium in choosing the Performance Model 3, but now I'm very glad I did. But I will experience the same feelings again when adding an additional $20K for the Beast, and I think after four to six years it will still be well worth it again.

On the 'front end' or beginning, six years seems like a long time, but on the 'back end' or afterward, those years passed by more quickly than one realized. The Cybertruck will still be 'new' with only a small fraction of its life used and many more years of enjoyment if one takes care and doesn't abuse it while paying it off. My 2Ā¢.

- ƆCIII
Yes thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking man, long term Iā€™ll be happier if I splurge now, I keep my cars for 10 years I donā€™t upgrade frequently like I do iPhones šŸ¤£

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

- ƆCIII
Awww don't say that even though I am šŸ˜›

Its not that I'm just not used to it is all
Sponsored