Would you rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

Would rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

• Total voters

sumfool

First Name
James William Haldane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Taper of Dry Wall (retired)
Country flag

Why do you want one over the other?
I really am not like to use the seating as would space 5 is more than needed.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I really am not like to use the seating as would space 5 is more than needed.
I figure Tesla is going to provide more than enough storage space in the CT and I don’t need more. I do want wireless charging and some cup holders, etc. up front so if that is going to be impacted by the middle seat I would have to revisit my front 3rd seat view.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would rather tell the 6th person they need to get a ride in someone else's vehicle than have all the personal effects I have placed in the "folded down seat storage console" smashed into the bottom of said storage console upon lifting it up for that sixth person to hitch a ride...

I only say this because I am not purchasing this as a "work" vehicle. It is My vehicle that will be used for work occasionally. And a majority of that work will take place in the vault, not the stupid 6th seat which would be much more useful to me as a center console.

Honestly this is my only gripe about this vehicle (assuming a 5-seat option isn't made available). Don't get me wrong. If you need the 6th seat for work or family, I totally understand. I do not and like I said that 6th person will catch a ride in another vehicle before I lift up that 6th seat back and let gravity smash all of my stuff into the bottom of the seat back storage bin.

there is a reason the best selling vehicles in the country (F150s) have a 5-seat option.

Also, I'm not cancelling my order if there's no 5-seat option. That 6th person will have to fend for themselves if the situation ever comes about!
They can always ride in the air conditioned bed, stretched out.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My center seat person is my dog and sometimes it is hard to convince him to sit where I want him to sit. For this reason alone I like the wide extra seat, but I’d be ok with a soft console. My problem with center consoles is that, unlike you apparently, I put things in there and never see them again. It’s like a big bin of lost things. I have lots of space in there now but it isn’t at all easy or convenient to get at them. So if I had a larger glove box or storage above that spacious dash I’d be fine. I can use the trunk for all the crap in my console.

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
You sir are a good friend and colleague and graciously accommodating. I'd sooner let them ride in the frunk than fold that 6th seat up for them!

All kidding aside, I would love a 5-seat option!

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
My center seat person is my dog and sometimes it is hard to convince him to sit where I want him to sit. For this reason alone I like the wide extra seat, but I’d be ok with a soft console. My problem with center consoles is that, unlike you apparently, I put things in there and never see them again. It’s like a big bin of lost things. I have lots of space in there now but it isn’t at all easy or convenient to get at them. So if I had a larger glove box or storage above that spacious dash I’d be fine. I can use the trunk for all the crap in my console.
I totally see what you are saying regarding ample storage and sometimes unused storage but imagine all of those lost goodies (some perhaps important and some not) being turned 90 degrees on end and jammed into the back of that storage area to allow someone a place to sit!

UNACCEPTABLE!!! I will die on this hill! Unless of course there is no 5-seat option. Then I will graciously accept my 6-seat Cybertruck and kneel in thanks and subservience to my local Tesla dealership personnel!

I'm just having fun in this threat because I'd love a center console 5-seat option but will absolutely go through with my preorder if only the current configuration is available! Cheers!

p.s. my dog is also my center-seat person and he cannot stand when there is a center console separating us.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I like the optional sixth seat. It is nice to have the option to take an extra person if you need to, which is pretty common when it comes to kids and their friends.

One thing that I've thought about is the possibility of more storage under the Tesla Screen. Since tesla has included all controls of their vehicles in the screen, the Cybertruck seems like it could have something like a center glovebox. If they were to make something like a glovebox that slides out, with possible compartments and wireless phone charging, I think that would be a great option for when you don't have a sixth person in the car.

Although, even if they can't do something like that, I don't usually have many things in my center console. Usually just some gum, registration/insurance, maybe some notes. I don't really know of anything I would put in a center console that would get messed up if i turned it upright to accomodate a sixth person.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I like the optional sixth seat. It is nice to have the option to take an extra person if you need to, which is pretty common when it comes to kids and their friends.

One thing that I've thought about is the possibility of more storage under the Tesla Screen. Since tesla has included all controls of their vehicles in the screen, the Cybertruck seems like it could have something like a center glovebox. If they were to make something like a glovebox that slides out, with possible compartments and wireless phone charging, I think that would be a great option for when you don't have a sixth person in the car.

Although, even if they can't do something like that, I don't usually have many things in my center console. Usually just some gum, registration/insurance, maybe some notes. I don't really know of anything I would put in a center console that would get messed up if i turned it upright to accomodate a sixth person.
Did the OP think that the upper part of the seat would be a console-type storage area? I imagine that is just a seat back. I could see there possibly being storage under the seat...

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag

Why do you want one over the other?
Better six to put our dog between us
If i had no dog i’d rather have a big storage in the middle

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Did the OP think that the upper part of the seat would be a console-type storage area? I imagine that is just a seat back. I could see there possibly being storage under the seat...
You can see photos from people who got to ride in the Cybertruck during the event and it looks like the middle seatback does have cupholders and a storage area. It also has a tilted end to it that looks like you could place your phone there while driving and it's possible that maybe it has wireless charging.

I kind of hope the design of the seatback changes a little. In the end, i'm sure that Tesla will have a place for people to set their phone down and charge. Hopefully we get some confirmed updates from Tesla in the next couple months.

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
It will be interesting to see what they do with the phones and for me the Dashcam USB hook ups.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don't think Tesla would build an actual minivan. They already have a 7 seater Model X which is much nicer and safer than a traditional minivan since the Model X is very hard to roll over. Some people think they might do a CyberSUV, but i'm unsure about even that. I really think the Cybertruck will remain a thing on it's own in Teslas' lineup.
Sponsored