Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Before the price changed to $10 K for FSD,I ordered FSD at $8K. I just checked my order to see if there was anything new,and it states$10K! Shouldn't it show $8000?
Sponsored

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
The terms and conditions states that prices are subject to change. Our reservations did not lock in the price of the vehicle or options.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Before the price changed to $10 K for FSD,I ordered FSD at $8K. I just checked my order to see if there was anything new,and it states$10K! Shouldn't it show $8000?
There are other threads about this same topic. Bottom line: if you really reserved FSD at price X, then Tesla will sell it for you at that price. You should have received an email when you reserved your Cybertruck. That will have your details.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The terms and conditions states that prices are subject to change. Our reservations did not lock in the price of the vehicle or options.
This is untrue.

FSD has been priced. Other options and the total price may change.

We've known that their reservation system is bugged since at least July. No one has been charged for their car yet, so it doesn't matter what it displays now.

It would be against the law for Tesla to charge you more than FSD was advertised when you reserved it. Like, criminally, in the state of California.

-Crissa

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
This is untrue.

FSD has been priced. Other options and the total price may change.

We've known that their reservation system is bugged since at least July. No one has been charged for their car yet, so it doesn't matter what it displays now.

It would be against the law for Tesla to charge you more than FSD was advertised when you reserved it. Like, criminally, in the state of California.

-Crissa
I would do FSD at 7k but not 10k. If they want to be stubborn, I won’t take delivery. Straight up says on the website “ordering now will lock in your price against future increases.” I doubt tesla will get funny with us, but if they do, walk away!

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I just read the agreement that I accepted with my reservation. I am reasonably sure we all approved the same agreement. It specifically says the pricing is an estimate and that final pricing will be determined when you finalize your order and options.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It specifically says the pricing is an estimate and that final pricing will be determined when you finalize your order and options.
It also says that FSD is locked in to the price when you reserved it. To say that in California, mean you have to honor it.

To not honor it is a criminal offense.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I just read the agreement that I accepted with my reservation. I am reasonably sure we all approved the same agreement. It specifically says the pricing is an estimate and that final pricing will be determined when you finalize your order and options.
Tesla has never increased the price they quoted. If you change configuration or add options the price will go up, and of course you can enjoy registration fees and taxes for your state.

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would do FSD at 7k but not 10k. If they want to be stubborn, I won’t take delivery. Straight up says on the website “ordering now will lock in your price against future increases.” I doubt tesla will get funny with us, but if they do, walk away!
Whatever the price was you reserved your FSD option for it will be that price when you take delivery. They have said this repeatedly! They have even given notices of increases so you could reserve it at the lower price.

radami1

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, model s
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Whatever the price was you reserved your FSD option for it will be that price when you take delivery. They have said this repeatedly! They have even given notices of increases so you could reserve it at the lower price.
I just checked the email I got from Tesla when I reserved which was on 11/23/2019. It has no details only that I reserved and saying I should check my account. My account also has 10k for fsd whereas originally it said 8k. It also says that ordering it now will lock in the price. I kept the design the way it is and it sent me back to my order page where it says "full self driving capability." I don't know what to think. I have bought two Teslas, solar panels and a power wall. I haven't noticed such word games in my other dealings with Tesla and would be greatly disappointed if that is the way it plays out.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My account also has 10k for fsd whereas originally it said 8k.
That's because the account doesn't display the original price. That's the same code and price of the current price if you were to order it anew.

There is no 'play out'. They have never bumped the price of a purchased options on customers before. It's criminally illegal to do that in the state of California.

So it hasn't happened, it won't happen. It's a display error and none of us can fix it until Tesla starts asking for finalized payment. Keep your original reservation emails.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That's because the account doesn't display the original price. That's the same code and price of the current price if you were to order it anew.

There is no 'play out'. They have never bumped the price of a purchased options on customers before. It's criminally illegal to do that in the state of California.

So it hasn't happened, it won't happen. It's a display error and none of us can fix it until Tesla starts asking for finalized payment. Keep your original reservation emails.

-Crissa
You have been very patient with these kinds of posts and I agree that it is frustrating seeing all of them. They are right to be frustrated and confused, and Tesla really should fix the reservation system to show what a person reserved and it’s cost; right now they have to take it on faith and that is hard to do these days.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You have been very patient with these kinds of posts and I agree that it is frustrating seeing all of them. They are right to be frustrated and confused, and Tesla really should fix the reservation system to show what a person reserved and it’s cost; right now they have to take it on faith and that is hard to do these days.
One could easily argue that Crissa has been a saint regarding these FSD price threads. Certainly been a better sport at it than I have. And every time there is another price raise, it will come right back up.

Someone really ought to write a summary article that we can pin to the top of the forum. Maybe then we could just point all these queries to the pinned article and be done.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Someone really ought to write a summary article that we can pin to the top of the forum. Maybe then we could just point all these queries to the pinned article and be done.
I'm getting so tired of these threads causing mass pandemonium that I was going to suggest the same thing. Let's get the mods to sticky a FSD price increase FAQ thread, please!

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag
Several of my friends are Tesla owners. They all advised to add the FSD at 7K to lock in the price knowing it would increase in time. They advised once you lock it in by adding to your order, you're good to go. They seemed to know what they were talking about.
Sponsored